Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hk-51


Diopter's Avatar


Diopter
03.20.2013 , 12:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by warriorcat View Post
it will say that and it does scale, i have it on my 19 merc and it increases stat's as you level even though the gear stats them self stay same the stat on the droid does not (DR or something similar i guess)
Awesome! Thank you very much for this information.
Diopter
SWG:Shadowfire - SWTOR:The Bastion
Forever Smuggling

RuQu's Avatar


RuQu
03.20.2013 , 12:13 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by warriorcat View Post
it will say that and it does scale, i have it on my 19 merc and it increases stat's as you level even though the gear stats them self stay same the stat on the droid does not (DR or something similar i guess)
This is completely wrong.

His base stats increase when he levels, just like it does for every character. He is getting zero benefit from his gear. You can test this by removing his gear and seeing that it does not change his stats. Note that you won't be able to reequip it until level 50, so you will need to bank it.

You also cannot simply replace the mods. The shells alone have a level 50 requirement. I tested this myself last night on my 14 Operative.

Some classes have a droid companion anyway and will get gear through quests starting after the world the unlock that companion.
Spoiler


If you get HK earlier than that, or on a class with no droid (ie Consular), you will need to either buy or craft gear. The crafted gear with moddable slots all has base level requirements, starting at level 12, then 16, 24, and 30. It can wear 2 of each type (2 Parts, 2 Motors, etc), so you should be nearly kitted out by level 30.

He uses Sniper rifles, and there are Orange rifles for cheap on the GTN with a requirement of level 1. His offhand is a vibroknife, and those are cheap on the GTN as well, with orange ones eventually available.

He uses both Aim and Cunning. Avoid gear with Defense, Shield, or Absorb since he is not a tank and can't use shields.
Brushing off the dust on my Assault Cannon. Time to get back in the fight.

Pscyon's Avatar


Pscyon
03.20.2013 , 12:17 PM | #13
You can just throw T7's/C2's parts on him as they're handed out as mission rewards.

Quote: Originally Posted by warriorcat View Post
it will say that and it does scale, i have it on my 19 merc and it increases stat's as you level even though the gear stats them self stay same the stat on the droid does not (DR or something similar i guess)
Ehhh... both characters and companions naturally gain stats as they level. The increase in stats you've noticed are just that, increase in stats, it does not come from the gear. The gear contributes absolutely nothing as long as it's "unequippable".
Sith Sorcerer

warriorcat's Avatar


warriorcat
03.20.2013 , 03:32 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
You can just throw T7's/C2's parts on him as they're handed out as mission rewards.



Ehhh... both characters and companions naturally gain stats as they level. The increase in stats you've noticed are just that, increase in stats, it does not come from the gear. The gear contributes absolutely nothing as long as it's "unequippable".
hmmmm dont seem like that to me ill try it out this weekend disliking the merc at them moment... sorry for the miss information ill do some more homework next time (more than i did this time)
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

talesarnagamez's Avatar


talesarnagamez
05.04.2013 , 10:28 PM | #15
Hello there Star Wars fans - I have a question. I'm going through the HK quest for the first time as a Jedi Sentinel. The only piece I have left to get is the one from the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas. A guild mate had mentioned that the only way to get this piece is to play as a Imperial character and mail it back to my main. This is information can't be accurate, can it? Please advise, and my the Force be with you.
I am Revan reborn, and before me you are nothing.

LordCayoss's Avatar


LordCayoss
05.04.2013 , 10:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by talesarnagamez View Post
Hello there Star Wars fans - I have a question. I'm going through the HK quest for the first time as a Jedi Sentinel. The only piece I have left to get is the one from the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas. A guild mate had mentioned that the only way to get this piece is to play as a Imperial character and mail it back to my main. This is information can't be accurate, can it? Please advise, and my the Force be with you.
It's only partly true...

You will need a level 15 or so alternate Imperial, mail him/her the scanner to find it in DK, then once you do find it, mail the part and the scanner back to your Republic main.

Legacy ftw!

WarbNull's Avatar


WarbNull
05.04.2013 , 11:07 PM | #17
I may be wrong but I thought the part just shows up for your main character after you obtain it from the Lower Level alt you made on the opposite faction. At least I do not remember mailing the part back to my main and my main does have it. I could have just been tired and forgot mailing it, but I seriously do not remember doing so.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

talesarnagamez's Avatar


talesarnagamez
05.06.2013 , 10:03 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LordCayoss View Post
It's only partly true...

You will need a level 15 or so alternate Imperial, mail him/her the scanner to find it in DK, then once you do find it, mail the part and the scanner back to your Republic main.

Legacy ftw!
Hey there - thanks for the reply. I was able to pick up my HK since posting my question but thank you for taking the time to let me know the process. Cheers!
I am Revan reborn, and before me you are nothing.