Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Annihilation Marauder Test Parse Crit%

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Annihilation Marauder Test Parse Crit%

Aphrodisiak's Avatar


Aphrodisiak
05.06.2013 , 09:02 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimsblood View Post
It is pointless for you and everyone else. With the realese of 2.0 we KNOW that power is better per point then crit (except for certain classes where 100 pts of crit is better FIRST, then into power. But that is another theory crafting topic.). Before 2.0, if you were a Sent/Marauder you did NOT stack crit. At all, zero, sip, ziltch.

So please explain to me why Pre-2.0 we stack power and not crit --> Post-2.0 crit has less value then it did Pre-2.0 --> Run Tests Post-2.0 to determine usefulness of crit?

I mean, would you test crit builds for Focus/Rage? Ya know, the build that has a forced crit built in and crit % within the tree?

I think your efforts to test would be better suited to Combat/Carnage. It can still utilize crit rating.....maybe. Where as the other specs still do not no matter what. You should give that spec a chance. Especially if you have never played it before.
First off I never disagreed with u regarding the crit pre 2.0. And I did these test so the community that doesn't take time to parse or wants number in their face to come up with their own conclusion after seing these numbers.

Now that u made your point of view about crit known, and how useless my test are, if u don't have anything constructive to say then don't reply in this thread.

Second, I do know how to play Carnage I did try it often and I personnaly didn't like it. When I PVP I do use carnage since 2.0
Aphrodisiak - Marauder 55 - Annihilation
Aphrodisiaque - Commando 55
Dark Eclipse - Jedi Convenant
http://darkeclipserawr.enjin.com/

Aphrodisiak's Avatar


Aphrodisiak
05.06.2013 , 09:09 AM | #22
Later after work I will finish my parsing with the 2nd Test stats except 3/3 in malice and 2/3 DWM. Tonight I'll post the numbers on this thread.
Aphrodisiak - Marauder 55 - Annihilation
Aphrodisiaque - Commando 55
Dark Eclipse - Jedi Convenant
http://darkeclipserawr.enjin.com/

Jurugu's Avatar


Jurugu
05.06.2013 , 09:23 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimsblood View Post
So please explain to me why Pre-2.0 we stack power and not crit --> Post-2.0 crit has less value then it did Pre-2.0 --> Run Tests Post-2.0 to determine usefulness of crit?
To add to what the previous posters said (that pre 2.0 a bit of crit was not a bad idea) there is also the fact that Annihilation Marauders now got this new nifty little talent that generates a point of rage every time we critically hit a bleeding target.

Therefore while the contribution of crit to the average damage per hit likely has gone down this may make up for it to some extent. Or not. Which a test could tell.

Also, why is everyone treating Malice as a straight 2% crit per point, when in fact it only affects force attacks, i..e the bleeds?

paowee's Avatar


paowee
05.06.2013 , 12:55 PM | #24
To the OP: My guild's Anni Marauder is running quite a lot (definitely more than 166) of Crit Rating in his gear... and he does very good DPS. They're not advocates of 0 crit builds

http://www.torparse.com/a/206048/30
http://www.torparse.com/a/206048/26

2131 DPS in TFB last boss without Void Disturbance
Kephess sits at a 4700 DPS
These are in 16-m HM TFB

p.s. i do not have an anni marauder.
we haven't been doing 8-man (2 weeks already) but will split our 16 to try it out tomorrow (and update 8-man HM torparse
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

veyl's Avatar


veyl
05.06.2013 , 03:57 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
To the OP: My guild's Anni Marauder is running quite a lot (definitely more than 166) of Crit Rating in his gear... and he does very good DPS. They're not advocates of 0 crit builds

http://www.torparse.com/a/206048/30
http://www.torparse.com/a/206048/26

2131 DPS in TFB last boss without Void Disturbance
Kephess sits at an impressive 4700 DPS
These are in 16-m HM TFB

p.s. i do not have an anni marauder.
we haven't been doing 8-man (2 weeks already) but will split our 16 to try it out tomorrow (and update 8-man HM torparse
You should have him post his stats... because those numbers are ridiculously good.

Aphrodisiak's Avatar


Aphrodisiak
05.06.2013 , 06:08 PM | #26
Ok, So I tested 10 Attempt with 3/3 Malice and 2/3 DWM, I shouldn't even put the result, lol but here we go

http://www.torparse.com/a/212889

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...DTFhtRHc#gid=0

So I had the same Stats as my Second Series of Test, Except i PUT 2/3 in Dual Wield Mastery and 3/3 in Malice

STR : 3043
Bonus DMG : 1396.2
Accuracy : 109.31%
Crit Chance : 25.25%
Crit Multiplier : 68.72%

Reminder of my Second Series ((0 Crit Rating) 23.25% Crit)

Average DPS : 2327,13 DPS
Average Crit : 30.12%


Fourth Series of Test ((0 Crit Rating)25.25% Crit) 2/3 Dual wield Mastery, 3/3 Malice

Average DPS : 2266.95 DPS
Average Crit : 30.03%


I'll let u guys come up with ur own conclusion

P.S. : For all of the series the parse could of been higher I tried to time to stop when my dot wears off, but there always a delay before u get out of combat, and i noticed i usually loose between 40-80 dps just for waiting.
Aphrodisiak - Marauder 55 - Annihilation
Aphrodisiaque - Commando 55
Dark Eclipse - Jedi Convenant
http://darkeclipserawr.enjin.com/

KenseiMahou's Avatar


KenseiMahou
05.07.2013 , 02:24 AM | #27
Here's a stupidly long parse of mine on a dummy just mindlessly trying to tighten my rotation.

With 0 crit rating I'm still getting over 32% crit chance overall. Currently 36/8/2 build.

(And yes I hit a dummy for 18 minutes straight. I'm new to Watchman/Annihilation and have literally no idea what I'm doing, and my guild wants me to raid with it.)

Edit: Stats!
2574 Strength
1511 Power
100.23% Melee Accuracy
18.07% Melee Crit Chance (0 Crit Rating)
68.27% Surge (306 Rating)
905.4 Bonus Damage
1373-1607 MH Damage
332-498 OH Damage

1399.4 Force Bonus Damage
110.23% Force Accuracy
22.47% Force Crit Chance
68.27% Surge

Conqueror Relic of Serendipitous Assault
Underworld Relic of Boundless Ages
All four buffs.
Re-usable Nano-Infused Might Stim.
Re-usable Nano-Infused Attack Adrenal
Used Inspiration/Bloodthirst once. (I think.)
All augments are blue Overkill 28 augments. (All gear augmented with MK-9s.)
Mix of 69 and 72 armorings/mods/enhancements.
2-piece set bonus.
I have one of every class and play them all. I give up on this class signature thing.

krakl's Avatar


krakl
05.07.2013 , 11:05 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aphrodisiak View Post
Ok, So I tested 10 Attempt with 3/3 Malice and 2/3 DWM, I shouldn't even put the result, lol but here we go

http://www.torparse.com/a/212889

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...DTFhtRHc#gid=0

So I had the same Stats as my Second Series of Test, Except i PUT 2/3 in Dual Wield Mastery and 3/3 in Malice

STR : 3043
Bonus DMG : 1396.2
Accuracy : 109.31%
Crit Chance : 25.25%
Crit Multiplier : 68.72%

Reminder of my Second Series ((0 Crit Rating) 23.25% Crit)

Average DPS : 2327,13 DPS
Average Crit : 30.12%


Fourth Series of Test ((0 Crit Rating)25.25% Crit) 2/3 Dual wield Mastery, 3/3 Malice

Average DPS : 2266.95 DPS
Average Crit : 30.03%


I'll let u guys come up with ur own conclusion

P.S. : For all of the series the parse could of been higher I tried to time to stop when my dot wears off, but there always a delay before u get out of combat, and i noticed i usually loose between 40-80 dps just for waiting.
Thanks, appreciate your effort with this. Looks like 3/3 DWM it is (unless I have read those results wrong :P)
Retired - <Midian>
Dragonovic Endorra
La'Bella BillyTheTank

Saferai's Avatar


Saferai
05.08.2013 , 01:29 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by krakl View Post
Thanks, appreciate your effort with this. Looks like 3/3 DWM it is (unless I have read those results wrong :P)
It's actually almost impossible to draw conclusions from 10 parses from a single player, it simply isn't as reliable as a simple mathematically correct model. A couple 3 minute parses doesn't even begin to approach statistical significance.

I've swapped from 0 to about 200 now they I've accumulated abit more gear on the basis that the 0 crit rating fad was mostly conjecture and one incomplete spreadsheet over on mmomechanics, the thing about spreadsheets is they don't illustrate natural variance like a fully functioning sim would over 100,000+ iterations. I'm wondering if that while 0 crit rating might yield a better avg, it may do so at the cost of widening the degree of natural variance.

So far my results with adding crit have been similar to 0, but as expected with less lows overall. Unfortunately as I stated above, the limited results of one individual are hardly significant. My overall feeling is that much like pre 2.0, the difference between optimized crit rating and unoptimized crit rating is likely to be so small as to once again fall into the area encompassed by natural variance.

There seems to be something slightly off with some of your damage distributions in some of these parses as well. Would you mind posting the action priority list you use? Also is there a reason you aren't using DST?

Sapperlot's Avatar


Sapperlot
05.22.2013 , 06:20 AM | #30
Hi there.
I wanted to give my thought about that. Please apologise my bad english.

I think speed is forgotten here. I´m sure that every personal play style will change the effect but on my opinion ist some speed not bad at all and at the moment with my gear more importat than crit.
Let me show you some examples:

Max power: 2425 / 2441 / 2535
http://www.torparse.com/a/243058
You can see here fine if you are lucky with the Proc or not That why i don´t use the UW relic anymore.

Speed at 1.92% 2440 / 2516 / 2478
http://www.torparse.com/a/243063
Here is the problem that the skill cooldown´s will get some bad spot´s where no skill is free to use.

Speed at 2.92%: 2533 / 2513 / 2475
http://www.torparse.com/a/243065
Last try is bad because i got a bad lag.

Every try was with 4 buff´s and an new Prototype Nano Might Stim.
Nothing else was used, every try was 5-6 minutes long to equalize crit-luck.
You can see my Stats here: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...5-6318722c26e6

What are your thought about that? Had anyone else some experience with that?
Greetings Aiteinti - Vanjervalis Chains