Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

carnage

Takarde
05.06.2013 , 01:49 AM | #21
I'm just back in the game and always played Annihilation. But it seems the spec is no more appreciate... I tied Carnage for a change but I do not manage do properly manage the procs. Is there any change you make in the interface to see the more easily? Personaly, with so small indications for buffs/debuffs/procs, I have the bad impression of playing ramdomly pushing buttons lol
Quote:
JcJ : Les développeurs de JcJ dans notre équipe sont parmi les plus chevronnés au monde. Jusqu’à présent, très peu de joueurs ont vu, ou même entendu parler du JcJ en monde ouvert sur Ilum : lorsque vous atteindrez un niveau élevé, attendez-vous à être époustouflé !
Faire des cercles en speeder en lootant des caisses, c'est vrai, j'avais jamais vu.

BobyDigital
05.06.2013 , 02:03 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post

Anni doesn't suck. And we're not talking about ranked here. (Carnage burst isn't even good enough in ranked due to its vulnerability to cc. Rage is still the only viable option) Coordinating cleanses between multiple healers is not something you see in regs, and you won't find 1 healer capable of cleansing enough dots alone given the amount of procs. Individually they'll have to wait 6 seconds between each dispel, by then rupture will have procced already. They can go ahead and laugh from the respawn room, because they'll be spending most of their time there.

Looking at your screenshot your issue with it not being "bursty" seems to be gear. Or skill, but I haven't seen you play so ill assume its gear for now. I'm assuming (and hoping) that that was at least an annihilate you for that 6800 on. Thing is, pre 2.0 I was averaging 63-6400 on my annihilate/merciless slash. 2.0 I'm hitting around 8-9k. Considering the extra stack of annihilator, that's not bad given that its near spammable at this stage when your maxed on stacks. You claim to be struggling to get a kill, then either its your skill level, or your gear. The spec certainly does not suck and is still arguably one of the best when played right. (Something most anni users can't seem to do which gives off the impression that its a bad spec). So rather than claiming the spec sucks, be honest and just admit that you're not good at it. It gets old when people whine about classes/specs blaming their troubles on it, and then time and time again others show those claims to be completely false.
bla bla bla blaaaaaaa wall of text bla bla blaaaaaaa, lol how often u gettin thoes annihilates at 9k? at 17.6 crit i hardly ever crit on it lol but i get 9k screams as carnage all the time, and ive had a gore vicious throw hit for 10.7k

PoliteAssasin
05.06.2013 , 04:09 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by BobyDigital View Post
bla bla bla blaaaaaaa wall of text bla bla blaaaaaaa, lol how often u gettin thoes annihilates at 9k? at 17.6 crit i hardly ever crit on it lol but i get 9k screams as carnage all the time, and ive had a gore vicious throw hit for 10.7k
Oh snap, break out the cookies and hand this man a medal!
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

BobyDigital
05.06.2013 , 06:27 AM | #24
Oh snap, break out the cookies and hand this man a medal!
now your talking

Vildiil
05.11.2013 , 06:49 PM | #25
Not my first mil+ but this one was funny cause the other team was salty enough to accuse me of using the augment bug <3 Carnage spec.

http://i.imgur.com/FZFGo7q.jpg
Ja'xo - <Lethal Dose Fifty>

BobyDigital
05.12.2013 , 01:32 PM | #26
ya i luv the new playstyle i got on a healer earlier spam healing himself and face tanking me like it was funny gore came off cd i hit bloodthirst last tick of ravage 10k, force scream 9.5k he popped a medpac then my slaughter proced gore viscious throw 10.5k lol

RodneyMcNeely
05.12.2013 , 11:22 PM | #27
As far as it being the best burst spec in game you are somewhat correct on that. Although with the changes to crit in 2.0 and blood frenzy, the burst isn't as reliable anymore. That being said, their burst is also the easiest to counter in the game. People like to argue how they can cleanse annihilation dots. I can constantly proc those with spammables. So if you cleanse, i'll put more on you and you have 6 seconds before you can get another cleanse meanwhile I'm spamming annihilate and vicious slash to proc more dots, with deadly saber thrown into the mix.
So, PoliteAssasin, is Annihilation/Watchman a good 1v1 spec? Can you kill a healer if you get him away from his tank/peels/crossheals?

1v1 is my favorite thing. I just started a Combat Sentinel and I like how I can kill healers in lowbie PvP. But if Combat/Carnage is as easy to lock out as you say it is, I'd rather learn a spec that isn't quite as easy to shut down. I really don't care for Focus/Rage, but Watchman has me intrigued.

Would love to get your honest take on Watchman/Annihilation as a 1v1 spec (including playing against solo healers).

Thanks!

SVTCarnage
05.12.2013 , 11:49 PM | #28
Back when I played Carnage was amazing, I see that it still is
WarZone Junkiez KOLDREN Diagnosed Carnage PvP addict.
My channel

Merzorz
05.15.2013 , 04:36 PM | #29
Ok. Well after reading all of these comments, the only resolution i can see here is one spec is not "better" than the other, it is all on how people play and what fits them the best. Of course each of the spec's has its own weakness, (Carnage is interrupts/stuns, Anni is the lack of burst) but they don't mean that one takes precedence over another. So if we can all understand that, then can we please stop is childish pissing-contest that is going on? Thanks

Luckeyduckey
05.16.2013 , 06:07 PM | #30
Love me sum massacre.
Expløit
Ønslaught
Eradicate