Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Queue Still ?

Qiziq
12.21.2011 , 01:41 PM | #1
So...I just got DC'd out of a game of hutball, I try to reconnect and I am told my server is full and I have to wait 25 minutes to get back online. The game has launched now and I have subscribed. Why am I still queueing ? Is this ever going to be resolved ? Can I not log out for 10 minutes to go do something without having to queue for nearly 30 minutes to play again ? This queue problem happened right through the early game access...so Bioware have had now almost a week to do something about server queues, and now they have happily taken my subscription details and yet I still have to queue ? How about you wait in a queue before u get my subscription fee ? Because if i have to queue anymore after today I will be cancelling my sub. I am not paying good cash to a company that makes me wait 30 mins to play a game i have signed up to pay for....

renegadeimp
12.21.2011 , 01:44 PM | #2
Why are you queuing? Because people want to play on the same server as you. If you;ve noticed, theyve opened up a ton more servers and are slowly increasing population caps.

The devs want to wait a week or so after launch so they can get a solid number on the amount of players that are logging in. That way they can increase caps to the required level so there wont be any queues. If they did it now, then everyone would simply flood one or two specific servers, exactly like what happened in WoW. They are trying to avoid a situation like that.

Having a hard cap on server population, artifically forces players to other servers and eases congestion. Once it's somewhat stabilised, then the pop caps can be increased overall.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.