Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

combat logs/ How do I know what damage I'm doing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
combat logs/ How do I know what damage I'm doing?

DoctorBeckett
05.04.2013 , 08:45 PM | #1
How do I decipher the combat logs? There's no frame of reference as far as I know. I'd like to know how i am doing in PVP and PVE..
For free stuff...
Are you looking for a casual leveling guild on the Harbinger server? Join <Hawke's Flight>(Imp side) and <Hawke's Nest> (Pub side). Pub/Imp sides.
Hawke's Flight/Hawke's Nest Guild Site

ssfish
05.05.2013 , 12:38 AM | #2
For PvE, get Torparse or MoX parser. They have popouts that give you near to real time updates on your DPS. You can also upload to Torparse and view a complete breakdown of your combat logs.

I would imagine that they could/do also parse PvP logs, but I haven't used them in that capacity, so I'm not sure how useful they would be.
Lift

DoctorBeckett
05.05.2013 , 01:38 PM | #3
And how do i know what's a good DPS? I'm a 55 BH Merc.
For free stuff...
Are you looking for a casual leveling guild on the Harbinger server? Join <Hawke's Flight>(Imp side) and <Hawke's Nest> (Pub side). Pub/Imp sides.
Hawke's Flight/Hawke's Nest Guild Site

ssfish
05.05.2013 , 07:01 PM | #4
For starters, you can check the Torparse Statistics section. It allows you to break it down by class/fight (HM 55 FPs, Ops, and Training Dummy parses). You can also find threads on various pages here on the forums ( your class forums are generally a good place to start) where people break down stat priorities, rotations, and general issues related to various roles/classes.
Lift

Gyronamics
05.07.2013 , 05:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorBeckett View Post
And how do i know what's a good DPS? I'm a 55 BH Merc.
Gear is a factor but you want to be able to do about 2500 on a dummy with arsenal or 2400 with pyro when ~69 geared.
Notwired @ Not Good Enough @ TRE