AoE interrupts capping.

GNWP

There's a reason we call it Doorbital Strike. In all honestly, the OP's suggestion isn't a terrible one. If you want to interrupt capping, you should have to use something that has a cast time or is an instant, single hit ability. Single target DoT's dont interrupt capping, why should AOE DoTs interrupt it? Simple logic.

Finally someone got the idea! :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They shouldn't because the AoEs mentioned don't apply a rdebuff. Shrap bomb, for instance, is an AoE DoT that actually applies a debuff and does not interrupt caps. Orbital Strike is a DoT but only in the AoE so it should interrupt caps. Edited by JustinxDuff

Afraid I have to agree with this though I never thought about it before reading the post. DoTs were made to not interrupt capping a long time ago. If a madness sorc can't use their DoT's on a single target then there is no reason an AoE spell that is essentially a DoT on a single area should prevent capping for all in the area. The reason for this is that while it may be a static area anyone who wishes to cap must generally stand IN that area so they cannot avoid it and still cap. Thus, it needs to be nerfed to be consistent or give back the ability of DoTs to interrupt caps.

Dude where you been?

Been around, just not posting anymore, really. As for my prior post, I want to specify - Yes, you would be viable Cycao, because you're a baller, but I just don't want DoTs stopping caps, haha.

Now, how many these kind of abilities are in this game? Can you name a single one that is not the sniper/gunslinger aoe they get from the skill tree?

If not, I think this should be renamed "nerf engineer/saboteur skill tree", since that's what you more or less actually try to do.

And yes, I think the ability is fine as it is. DoTs don't interrupt cap because they are very common, pretty much everyone has a DoT, while these kind of things are very uncommon.

Now, how many these kind of abilities are in this game? Can you name a single one that is not the sniper/gunslinger aoe they get from the skill tree?

If not, I think this should be renamed "nerf engineer/saboteur skill tree", since that's what you more or less actually try to do.

And yes, I think the ability is fine as it is. DoTs don't interrupt cap because they are very common, pretty much everyone has a DoT, while these kind of things are very uncommon.

It's not about nerf it's about making things right.

How about something as simple as allowing Tech healer to "purge" this from whomever is in the AoE thus nullifing it as they would normally? No need to nerf it per se, just give the ability to remove the affects and make toons immune to the affects while they are trying to cap.

How about something as simple as allowing Tech healer to "purge" this from whomever is in the AoE thus nullifing it as they would normally? No need to nerf it per se, just give the ability to remove the affects and make toons immune to the affects while they are trying to cap.

I'd rather they let us purge shatter shots AB & Trauma first.

Wishful thinking?

Edited by Scotland

Making things right in your eyes dude is aka nerf.

Besides, all you have to do is kill the sniper....being an engineering sniper myself I can tell you that decent pvp'ers will immediately go for me once I drop one in voidstar. Unless I have a decent team myself (I pug an don't do ranked) it quite often results in my death.

So excuse me if I say you can take your cry for a nerf and try killing snipers instead.

Edited by BaineOs

And the people who want to nerf i.e. smashmonkeys don't think it's right that they can do 7k aoe smashes. And the people who want to nerf operative/scoundrel roll don't think it's right that they have the fastest speed boost. Every nerf is about "making things right" in someone's head.

I hate to disappoint the OP, but the plasma probe nerf will never happen. It is workin as intended, just as our cover is working as intended. You can whine, you can cry, you can QQ, but Plasma Probe is here to stay and interrupt your capping.

A stealther with vanish is still superior at delaying node capture.

Edited by NoTomorrow

In WoW ALL AoE abilities which not require to channel or has no cast time such as Rain of Fire for Warlocks and Death and Decay for Death Knights NOT BREAKING A CAPPING OF THE NODE.

So why in SWTOR abilities such as Incendiary Grenade, which is INSTANT CAST ABILITY, INTERRUPTS CAPPING FOR 18 seconds AND THEN CAN BE JUST USED AGAIN. So as long Gunslinger is alive this thing will just AUTOMATICLY DEFEND THE NODE WITHOUT PLAYER's ATTENTION, for exemple a door on the Voidstar!

This ability must be redesigned to not break capping. All other AoE's should be channeled, has a cast time, or just instant single blow which still reaqure player to ACTUALLY THINK to use them when he see that several people capping.

Incendiary Grenade should've be gone from interrupting a capping just like DoTs. It IS actually a DoT, it applies not to target but to the ground.

I know, my English is terrible, but I think you got the idea, Bioware.

I'll tell you what, when they figure out how to make tab targeting work on the one of 3 red plates I want it to on the first press, then you can have your way, and I won't mind having to single target to interrupt.

OR...if they figure out how to make clicking on nameplates actually target the enemy (like OMGZ WoW!), then I'll happily jump on your bandwaggon about AoE. until then...no frikin' way!

And the people who want to nerf i.e. smashmonkeys don't think it's right that they can do 7k aoe smashes. And the people who want to nerf operative/scoundrel roll don't think it's right that they have the fastest speed boost. Every nerf is about "making things right" in someone's head.

you must not run into many geared smashers. 7k isn't even a big deal anymore. lol

you must not run into many geared smashers. 7k isn't even a big deal anymore. lol

I'm trying to keep the numbers low so people don't start jumping at me because they feel that I'm exaggerating. I know the real numbers are much bigger.

I'm trying to keep the numbers low so people don't start jumping at me because they feel that I'm exaggerating. I know the real numbers are much bigger.

Smash is fine. How can people say all of these statements at once, they contradict themselves so much!

• Healing is overpowered
  • TTK is too short
  • Smash is too much damage

In WoW ALL AoE abilities which not require to channel or has no cast time such as Rain of Fire for Warlocks and Death and Decay for Death Knights NOT BREAKING A CAPPING OF THE NODE...So as long Gunslinger is alive this thing will just AUTOMATICLY DEFEND THE NODE...

1) This isn't WoW. This is WoW in Space.

2) So long as Gunslinger is alive, eh? Simple fix: KILL THE GUNSLINGER.

Smash is fine. How can people say all of these statements at once, they contradict themselves so much!

• Healing is overpowered
  • TTK is too short
  • Smash is too much damage

Again, I'm not saying that smash needs a nerf. I said that people who think smash needs a nerf think that it's not right smashers have that strong aoe. Just like this guy thinks it's not right that 1 gunslinger/sniper aoe interrupts caps without cast time.

of course AOE should stop caps what would be the point of it in this game otherwise?

LOl the posts in the last few days are hilarious. Did you see the latest one about twin saber thrown taking you out of stealth? OF COURSE IT DOES lol.

L2P before posting folks. Get logic.

of course AOE should stop caps what would be the point of it in this game otherwise?

LOl the posts in the last few days are hilarious. Did you see the latest one about twin saber thrown taking you out of stealth? OF COURSE IT DOES lol.

L2P before posting folks. Get logic.

You clearly didn't read first post.

Edited by GNWP

I'm not trying to make SWTOR be like WoW. It's been like WoW since release actually.

I just want SWTOR to become more balanced and thoughtful game.

Wait.. a jedi knight talking about balance?

Snipers/Gundlingers specializes in area denial. It's what they do. So while trying to cap realize that one of them is around and deal with him.

fixed. I'm sorry, but "pure dps class" has absolutely nothing to do with anything. and certainly nothing to do with "area denial." one of their three spec trees, however, do specialize in this. and hey, that's fine. I just hate when sent and sniper apologists try to explain away their higher ceiling with that bs line. no one cares. a dps mando isn't any more a healer than a combat sentinal, and he's LESS of a healer than a watchman sent. so this pure dps stuff is garbage.

:2cents:

carry on with...whatever this thread was about...