Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Underworld PvE Relics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Underworld PvE Relics

steave
04.25.2013 , 03:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
When I started getting the 2.0 relics, and spend a bit of time parsing, I saw what should have been obvious to me before. The proc damage relics don't scale with main stat increases or with power rating.
Neither does power. X amount of power always adds Y amount of damage to ability Z, which is the amplified by crit and syrge - power has a linear growth rather than exponential.
Your attacks will do more damage with the higher stats, but the amount coming from your relic won't go up.

Khevar
04.25.2013 , 04:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
Neither does power. X amount of power always adds Y amount of damage to ability Z, which is the amplified by crit and syrge - power has a linear growth rather than exponential.
Your attacks will do more damage with the higher stats, but the amount coming from your relic won't go up.
I'm not sure this is correct.

I've gone from an 8k Demolition Round crit to an 11k Demolition Round crit with an Attack Adrenal and Boundless Ages click. That's approx 1000 additional power for those few seconds, and is increasing the damage by 3000 points for a single hit.

Yet the other attacks (e.g. Hammer Shot) don't increase anywhere near as much.

Is there something I'm missing here? It seems like the higher the base damage on a particular attack, the more an increase in mainstat or power will affect it.

dipstik
04.25.2013 , 04:52 PM | #23
as spoken abot earlier, attacks have power modifiers.

so you have base+mod*power= final

so if mod< certain amount, then crit might be better. people ahve been trying to use a coefficent per second to model this. i have seen that dots have lower mod values (0.2) than big hits, which can have 1.6 or 1.9 mods.

Khevar
04.25.2013 , 05:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
as spoken abot earlier, attacks have power modifiers.

so you have base+mod*power= final

so if mod< certain amount, then crit might be better. people ahve been trying to use a coefficent per second to model this. i have seen that dots have lower mod values (0.2) than big hits, which can have 1.6 or 1.9 mods.
This makes sense.

A proc damage relic would be better than a +power relic while using low power modified abilities (e.g. 0.2).

As long as your power relic is affecting your high mod abilities (e.g.1.6), it would exceed the benefit of the proc damage relic.

vdbswong
05.05.2013 , 11:49 AM | #25
Not for Underworld Relics since I haven't gotten my hands on them yet, but i did some parsing today after picking up the Partisan +Power Proc relic.

Previous DG +Power On Use and DG Dmg Proc Relic would give me ~2250 DPS on an Ops Dummy (Watchmen Sent).

Swapping to DG +Power On Use and Partisan +Power Proc would give me around ~2240, not quite as high as before, but certainly comparable.

Seeing as they were so similar, i ran the DG Dmg Proc Relic and Partisan +Power Proc together and it resulted in ~2350 DPS.

From this, my current plan is to either go for Underworld +Power Proc and +Dmg Proc or have both Conqueror and Underworld +Power Proc relics.