Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Exar Kun vs Darth Vader vs Jaina Solo

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Exar Kun vs Darth Vader vs Jaina Solo

Slowpokeking
05.04.2013 , 10:22 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Odan wasn't the head of the Jedi Order, he was the Keeper of Antiquities.
Odan-Urr is the highest leader we've seen, and he was able to call a meeting of all the high rank members we've seen in the book.

Kaedusz
05.05.2013 , 05:22 AM | #102

But anyway am done with this thread, if were not gonna go by actual feats and just gonna go into speculation.
Following this way of thinking a random clone trooper has more actual feats than Exar Kun.And Vader is always going to have more ''actual feats'' than everyone else because is a more well known character with tons of material about him.

Just because there is a lot of stuff written about Vader,doesn't mean that much vs the likes of Exar Kun.You need to compare the characters ,not the number of things he did.

Or take this aproach:Image Vader in Kun's shoes and the other way around.Kun could have easily done everything Vader did and more.But Vader can't do the stuff Kun did,especially deemed worthy by Marka Ragnos himself, and the sith sorcery stuff.As i said Vader is just a warrior type with severe depression ,but a little more powerful because of the chosen one crap+ severely crippled forever by Mustafar.

Sharkhornet
05.05.2013 , 05:56 AM | #103
I think Exar would win easily

Wolfninjajedi
05.05.2013 , 07:45 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
Following this way of thinking a random clone trooper has more actual feats than Exar Kun.And Vader is always going to have more ''actual feats'' than everyone else because is a more well known character with tons of material about him.

Just because there is a lot of stuff written about Vader,doesn't mean that much vs the likes of Exar Kun.You need to compare the characters ,not the number of things he did.

Or take this aproach:Image Vader in Kun's shoes and the other way around.Kun could have easily done everything Vader did and more.But Vader can't do the stuff Kun did,especially deemed worthy by Marka Ragnos himself, and the sith sorcery stuff.As i said Vader is just a warrior type with severe depression ,but a little more powerful because of the chosen one crap+ severely crippled forever by Mustafar.
Yes Kun has done stuff that Vader cannot do. But I am speaking in terms of combat here, combat feats and of course a random clone trooper would be killed by Kun. Being undefeated doesn't make someone unbeatable, especially when Kun only had 2 others to challenge him during his time...Vader meanwhile was challenged by a whole assortment of opponents even when they had no chance of actually wining, they still kept his skills sharp and focused.

You really are gonna say, that after 4,000 years of being a spirit and after only having 2 duels against others with any skill. That Kun isn't going to have his combat skills slip? Now am I saying that Kun wouldn't be able to fight against Vader? No...but he won't be fighting as great.

As I said though, Kun's Force Blasts give him an edge over Vader.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

mefit
05.05.2013 , 08:52 AM | #105
Vader is the second most powerful sithlord of all time under Emperor Palpatine according to G Canon.

I will admit that it seems by feats , power , and skills , Exar Kun is the most powerful Sithlord of the Old Republican and up too .
I would keep going on and on but I have never agreed with Wolfninjajedi post in a thread more , other than I still think Jaina would win this without a doubt .
Exar Kun was ahead of his time , he had a amulet to boost his power , and there was simply no Jedi willing to do what the Golden Age Jedi would have done .

But if we go by Canon than we all know the rule of the Golden Age .

Lets not forget that skills and powers simply put on paper have never matched up when it came to story .

In the end , I think Jaina Solo is being way over looked in this thread and its incredibly sad she is getting the Revan Treatment . Almost feels like she is a filler for whatever reason
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Slowpokeking
05.05.2013 , 11:10 AM | #106
Yes Kun has done stuff that Vader cannot do. But I am speaking in terms of combat here, combat feats and of course a random clone trooper would be killed by Kun. Being undefeated doesn't make someone unbeatable, especially when Kun only had 2 others to challenge him during his time...Vader meanwhile was challenged by a whole assortment of opponents even when they had no chance of actually wining, they still kept his skills sharp and focused.

You really are gonna say, that after 4,000 years of being a spirit and after only having 2 duels against others with any skill. That Kun isn't going to have his combat skills slip? Now am I saying that Kun wouldn't be able to fight against Vader? No...but he won't be fighting as great.

As I said though, Kun's Force Blasts give him an edge over Vader.
Which powerful Jedi/Sith did Vader beat? Starkiller? Yoda? Sidious? Luke after he completed the training?

LadyKulvax
05.05.2013 , 11:36 AM | #107
You see, I always saw Exar Kun as the more refined and knowledgeable version of Starkiller, his duelling skills are better, his force abilities are of even greater magnitude, etc... simple put, if Starkiller can defeat Lord Vader twice, Exar Kun whom is basically the bigger better and badder version of Galen Marek, can defeat him as well.

Simply think about the similarities in fighting style and force prowess, you get the idea...
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour

Wolfninjajedi
05.05.2013 , 12:17 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Which powerful Jedi/Sith did Vader beat? Starkiller? Yoda? Sidious? Luke after he completed the training?
Lets see....he fought against the Dark Woman(or An'ya Kuro), a cloned version of Maul, 8 Jedi at once killing 5 of them, Celesta Morne(who had the talisman of Murr and Murr acknowledged that Vader's power was great), and a number of others.

Now who did Kun beat? See I can ask that same question, he only beat Vodo, Odan(which wasn't really a fight), Aleema(which again not really a fight) and Ulic.

As per the fight Galen vs Vader, because I know that is going to be brought up or has already. You realize, that Galen won because he was trained into the ground by Vader and sparred with him right? Thus Galen wouldn't be taken by surprise of Vader's fighting style and the things he does, Kun doesn't have that advantage here, and even then Galen still had a rough time to even beat him.

Now then your probably gonna bring up Luke in ROTJ. But lets see something here...Luke is Anakin's son, meaning that he is a cut above the rest and in just a short time was able to match and fight evenly with him and Luke only even won against Vader because he tapped into the darkside. There is also the factor in, that neither Vader or Luke used any offensive Force Powers during their fight, it was all just a straight up saber duel.

But you know what? Believe what you will, however the feats say otherwise in Kun vs Vader. With that, I am done here and gonna get something to eat cause I am hungry, well that and I ain't knowledgeable enough on Jaina to make an argument.

Slowpokeking
05.05.2013 , 01:17 PM | #109
Lets see....he fought against the Dark Woman(or An'ya Kuro), a cloned version of Maul, 8 Jedi at once killing 5 of them, Celesta Morne(who had the talisman of Murr and Murr acknowledged that Vader's power was great), and a number of others.
Dark Woman wasn't even a top Jedi in her era compare to Yoda and Windu, even Obi Wan. And he got beaten by Maul, only won by surprise. 8 Jedi? GG and Durge killed far many more.

Quote:
Now who did Kun beat? See I can ask that same question, he only beat Vodo, Odan(which wasn't really a fight), Aleema(which again not really a fight) and Ulic.
Vodo, his master.
A giant Sith Worm
Odan, the head of the Jedi Order.
Aleema, the powerful Sith Sorcerer.
Ulic, a very talented and powerful Jedi.

The only powerful Jedi/Sith he didn't beat in his era is Nomi and I doubt she would be a match.

Quote:
As per the fight Galen vs Vader, because I know that is going to be brought up or has already. You realize, that Galen won because he was trained into the ground by Vader and sparred with him right? Thus Galen wouldn't be taken by surprise of Vader's fighting style and the things he does, Kun doesn't have that advantage here, and even then Galen still had a rough time to even beat him.
And Vader would not be surprised with Galen's style, either, why did he lose?

Quote:
Now then your probably gonna bring up Luke in ROTJ. But lets see something here...Luke is Anakin's son, meaning that he is a cut above the rest and in just a short time was able to match and fight evenly with him and Luke only even won against Vader because he tapped into the darkside. There is also the factor in, that neither Vader or Luke used any offensive Force Powers during their fight, it was all just a straight up saber duel.
Luke was still quite inexperienced at that time, and we saw Dooku used a simple trick to stop Anakin's similar rampage in EP III, but Vader did nothing but get beaten.

Wolfninjajedi
05.05.2013 , 01:46 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Dark Woman wasn't even a top Jedi in her era compare to Yoda and Windu, even Obi Wan. And he got beaten by Maul, only won by surprise. 8 Jedi? GG and Durge killed far many more.

Vodo, his master.
A giant Sith Worm
Odan, the head of the Jedi Order.
Aleema, the powerful Sith Sorcerer.
Ulic, a very talented and powerful Jedi.

The only powerful Jedi/Sith he didn't beat in his era is Nomi and I doubt she would be a match.

And Vader would not be surprised with Galen's style, either, why did he lose?

Luke was still quite inexperienced at that time, and we saw Dooku used a simple trick to stop Anakin's similar rampage in EP III, but Vader did nothing but get beaten.
1. That doesn't make the Dark Woman any less powerful, just because she wasn't on Yoda or Windu's level. That was just one instance, Vader killed more Jedi then just those 8 and he took 8 of them on at once. Yes he won against Maul by surprise, but you know before he had his saber cut in half, Vader and Maul were dueling pretty well against one another.

I already went through Odan and Aleema, those weren't even fights. I don't know why you keep saying Odan was head of the Jedi Order, he wasn't and even if he was he was a pathetically weak one then so that doesn't say much.

2. Because someone had to lose, of course it was going to be Vader. The fight was still hard on Galen anyway.

3. Inexperienced?...Perhaps fighting against a Sith yes even though he fought Vader before, but not in fighting. Again...Luke was a cut above everyone else, and won drawing on the strength of the darkside to overwhelm Vader much like Anakin did during his duel with Dooku in Ep 3.