Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*protest for bolster removal*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
*protest for bolster removal*

foxmob
05.05.2013 , 05:14 AM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
So wear pve gear and kick butts, what the problem? I'm afraid, this is skill issue, not gear. Thus, stop being bad, l2p.
when you say something like this, I find it difficult NOT to resort to personal attacks. pve gear is better in pvp than pvp gear, and you don't see a problem? lol
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
dealing over 50% of a target's health in a single GCD is just insipid in terms of quality of gaming experience.

foxmob
05.05.2013 , 05:18 AM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
Sad so many people want to just remove it so they can crush fresh 55 but sad to say no matter how many people sign it it won't be removed because they don't want you guys to have a unfair advantages. I mean it is sad because I can tell you from researching myself there is very little difference between wearing full pvp gear and pve gear the only people that have unfair advantages are the ones exploiting so stop your whining and like you tell others learn to play and then you will win hell make premades and get people on voice chat that gives you better odds of winning then crying about the gear thing.
let me get this straight, a fresh 55 with 2750 reg and 4500 rated comms is helpless? grow up. that's a full set of main partisan pieces. and everyone who wants to get rid of bolster is fine with free recruit gear to fill your expertise gaps while you grind the ancillary pieces of partisan. should a fresh 55 be able to walk into 55 TFB or TP HM? no. of course not. grow up.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
dealing over 50% of a target's health in a single GCD is just insipid in terms of quality of gaming experience.

wookiwwlover
05.05.2013 , 08:15 AM | #243
Sorry but No.
Bolster should stay and they should just fix the Aug exploit.
Simply make it impossible to remove gear/mods in a WZ.

Myself and I'm sure many many players are casual pvpers and Bolster allows us to have some pvp fun while we grind for the better pvp gear.
Why would you want unbolstered 55's in your match? We are just as likely to be on your team as the enemy team. And without bolster pve geared players are a liability on whatever team they are on.
And seeing as i only jumped into pvp at 55 I would be totally screwed without bolster in place and I wouldnt even bother grinding for the pvp gear and would forget about pvp totally. I am sure many others would be in the same boat.
End result is less pvpers and pvp slowly dies.

The bolster exploit needs to be fixed? Bolster in all pvp needs to stay.

SpaniardInfinity
05.05.2013 , 08:36 AM | #244
Instead of protesting for the removal of bolster, can we protest for the removal of whoever gave it the green light to go live? Why did the thing even go live until it was ironed out? Besides the fact that Preseason 1 for Ranked has gone on for a damn year now, wasn't that the reason why Ranked was delayed from 1.2 to 1.3? Something in the system didn't work so they waited, or so they said. So why did they release a clearly broken system onto the live servers? It was no secret people. It's almost as though the PTS exists as placebo so we have the illusion that we're "testing".

On topic: Bolster has no place in ranked PvP. There is no discussion to be had there. Level 55 is debatable on whether or not there exists a combination of PvE gear and PvP gear which is superior to strictly PvP gear. And for those of you who are unaware, there has been such a combination in every iteration since launch (pre-1.2 you'd wear at least one entire PvE piece often of Rakata quality; 1.2-2.0 you'd often take non-expertise barrels/hilts/crystals for better stats). So unless the curves have been incredibly well designed (and judging by the mishap which has been Bolster I seriously doubt it) there will still be a point on the curve where the gain you get from PvE mods makes up for the loss in Expertise.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

DarkPharohEclip
05.05.2013 , 08:40 AM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by wookiwwlover View Post
Sorry but No.

Myself and I'm sure many many players are casual pvpers and Bolster allows us to have some pvp fun while we grind for the better pvp gear.
Why would you want unbolstered 55's in your match? We are just as likely to be on your team as the enemy team. And without bolster pve geared players are a liability on whatever team they are on.
And seeing as i only jumped into pvp at 55 I would be totally screwed without bolster in place and I wouldnt even bother grinding for the pvp gear and would forget about pvp totally. I am sure many others would be in the same boat.

No sorry, bolster should go... I should be able to go into the warzone with the stats I go in there with , and not have to worry about some retarded bolster system effecting my stats. There is nothing about bolster that is making it skill > Gear... it is still Gear > Skill, but it is bugged and nobody understands what anything is anymore.

DarkPharohEclip
05.05.2013 , 08:41 AM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by wookiwwlover View Post
Sorry but No.

What you need to be doing is grinding for pve gear, because right now it is better than pvp gear.

Xeraz
05.05.2013 , 10:09 AM | #247
You heard it here first, Bolster's gotta go.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

Morde_
05.05.2013 , 11:22 AM | #248
Yeah it's still very broken.

Please bring back the old progression of recruit gear -> partisan -> conquerer, and give recruit gear for free.

We all know how much you guys love designing new suits instead of fixing gameplay issues, so this is the perfect chance to do both!
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

Yestreen
05.05.2013 , 11:46 AM | #249
at least take it out of ranked. unranked it is ok, as casual pvpers should be able to be as competative as hardcore pvpers in a casual setting
Wurdlol
<Hey im mvp>
www.twitch.tv/wurdlolswtor

MotorCityMan
05.05.2013 , 12:52 PM | #250
Bolster is a good idea, just needs to be implemented properly.