Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why you can't do Revan vs Luke.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why you can't do Revan vs Luke.

MajinEddie
05.05.2013 , 06:07 AM | #1
Writers of the old republic try to keep there storys a bit more belivable. Sure Bane and Revan did awesome stuff but it was all within reason. The writers of UI or whatever make up noncence stuff. Example. Palpatine opens up a blackhole and luke uses the force to resist it. If you know anything about a blackhole you would know that it would destroy the solarsystem it is in. Even the force itself would not survive. The worst part is George. I made palp/luke and I say they are the strongest. So there. Then they try to back it up with feats of power that seem cool to the brainless. Hopefully now you understand why a well written character revan could never beat unrealistic noncence like palp/luke. So please stop doing Revan vs. You can't beat brainless in an argument.

Sporadicus
05.05.2013 , 06:35 AM | #2
Bang on there .
50 Juggernaut
50 Sorcerer
50 Marauder

Master-Nala
05.05.2013 , 07:03 AM | #3
George just said they are the strongest, it's the silly EU authors that took that too far. But frankly Revan and heck even our characters take force use too far.

Spelling Nazi time: nonsense

Wolfninjajedi
05.05.2013 , 07:58 AM | #4
Unrealistic huh? Its fiction....everything about it is unrealistic. Also really....Palpatine and Luke aren't that crazy powerful, the biggest thing Palpatine has done is using Force Storms making wormholes. Luke his biggest thing is just seemingly freezing everything around him. Impressive? Yes....however, everything else they have done is only a greater application of other Force Powers that have already been used, something with which time other Jedi/Sith could achieve if they spent their time studying and working on it. Maybe not exactly, but getting up there anyway.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kaedusz
05.05.2013 , 08:03 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MajinEddie View Post
Writers of the old republic try to keep there storys a bit more belivable. Sure Bane and Revan did awesome stuff but it was all within reason. The writers of UI or whatever make up noncence stuff.
This is because when these things were written there were basically no jedi or sith lore ,there were just a few main characters in that universe.Star Wars was all about Luke ,his father and the Emperor.
That's why the movies ,mainly the sequels and the EU after the movies are like a completely different franchise that is basically full of crap.

The real and proper Star Wars ends somewhere after the timeline of swtor.The only good thing after that is Bane.That's blasphemy to old school SW fans,but it is kinda true.

Solo-Jo
05.05.2013 , 08:31 AM | #6
Looking back I never liked luke, he was a cry baby like his father pre-Vader.

TalonVII
05.05.2013 , 01:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Unrealistic huh? Its fiction....everything about it is unrealistic. Also really....Palpatine and Luke aren't that crazy powerful, the biggest thing Palpatine has done is using Force Storms making wormholes. Luke his biggest thing is just seemingly freezing everything around him. Impressive? Yes....however, everything else they have done is only a greater application of other Force Powers that have already been used, something with which time other Jedi/Sith could achieve if they spent their time studying and working on it. Maybe not exactly, but getting up there anyway.
Yes unrealistic. Even fantasy has to have SOME grounds in reality. And yes good ol George wrote the universe, but it has it's limits, everything does.

One thing wolf I will NEVER agree with you on.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

saremun
05.06.2013 , 04:45 AM | #8
Luke is nothing, just saying....

FuryoftheStars
05.06.2013 , 08:52 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Yes unrealistic. Even fantasy has to have SOME grounds in reality. And yes good ol George wrote the universe, but it has it's limits, everything does.
Especially seems it is science-fiction, and not straight up fantasy.

I mean, really, it seems to me like with each EU book/game, they try 1-up'ing each other with some even greater feat in the Force. Some people try to claim that there's a "cost" in using the Force, but honestly, we see a few vain attempts at it in the EU and really nothing for evidence for that in the movies. I think the most "cost" there is in using the Force comes from Darkside corruption of the body, but that's just in basic appearance, etc... not actually killing the user any faster. As such, I also think the feats that Force users are able to accomplish are actually a lot smaller than what the EU believes; none of this planet destroying/devouring, black-hole/wormhole creating nonsense. If these feats in the Force really were capable of happening, then I'd think we'd see a lot more fleet "swatting" and planet crushing going on....
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

Wolfninjajedi
05.06.2013 , 09:00 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by FuryoftheStars View Post
Especially seems it is science-fiction, and not straight up fantasy.

I mean, really, it seems to me like with each EU book/game, they try 1-up'ing each other with some even greater feat in the Force. Some people try to claim that there's a "cost" in using the Force, but honestly, we see a few vain attempts at it in the EU and really nothing for evidence for that in the movies. I think the most "cost" there is in using the Force comes from Darkside corruption of the body, but that's just in basic appearance, etc... not actually killing the user any faster. As such, I also think the feats that Force users are able to accomplish are actually a lot smaller than what the EU believes; none of this planet destroying/devouring, black-hole/wormhole creating nonsense. If these feats in the Force really were capable of happening, then I'd think we'd see a lot more fleet "swatting" and planet crushing going on....
They are small, Palps has been the only one to use Force Storms in making a wormhole to destroy an entire fleet. No other Force User has shown to doing that, so its like...a very small and niche thing to which I don't see why it matters if only one person has been shown to use it.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.