Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Alacrity & Deception PvP

Balalakaz
05.02.2013 , 03:31 AM | #1
How much percent of alacrity have to have a deception assassin's PvP gear to feel cocky ?

Omophorus
05.02.2013 , 08:13 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Balalakaz View Post
How much percent of alacrity have to have a deception assassin's PvP gear to feel cocky ?
0%.

Seriously.
Srs'bsns, GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk
5/5 Nightmare Power DF & DP
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"

Philelectric
05.03.2013 , 08:19 AM | #3
ZERO is the sweet spot for deception
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

Monterone
05.03.2013 , 02:08 PM | #4
I use just one alacrity enhancement currently for PvP, which gives me something like 0.87% alacrity.

I've reached the place where I want to be with accuracy, and my crit multiplier is just barely over 70%. At this point it was a decision between another 1.5% multiplier or ~1% alacrity. The multiplier only has any effect 1 out of 5 times for me, while the alacrity affects every action.

The surge would have increased my damage by some 0.3% with an extra enhancement considering the crit rating, while alacrity flat out raises my dps by 0.87%. If I didn't care about dropping below 70% crit multiplier, I'd probably add another alacrity enhancement.
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

a-n-i-k-i
05.03.2013 , 03:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
... while alacrity flat out raises my dps by 0.87%. ...
Lag will destroy this

underpantsgnomes
05.04.2013 , 08:50 AM | #6
. At this point it was a decision between another 1.5% multiplier or ~1% alacrity. The multiplier only has any effect 1 out of 5 times for me, while the alacrity affects every action.
1.5% crit is about 1.2% more burst dps. You're wrong.
Truth lies within.

Sarenne
05.05.2013 , 03:18 AM | #7
he said 1.5 % multiplier, not 1.5 % crit. curious, does combat feel any snappier ~ 1%?

Astarica
05.05.2013 , 12:44 PM | #8
It's unlikely you'll ever use your GCD fast enough to notice the 1% faster GCD. But that's not the point of having alacrity. While you may not notice what having 1% more Force regen does, unless you're constantly sitting at full Force, it's virtually guaranteed that you will do 1% more damage over the long run when you regen 1% more Force.

Monterone
05.05.2013 , 07:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by a-n-i-k-i View Post
Lag will destroy this
Yeah true, lag is the number one enemy of alacrity, but if I'm dueling outside of a wz or trying to ninja a node, lag is usually minimal.

So, discounting lag, 1% alacrity = 1% more damage.

1% crit < 1% alacrity
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

Astarica
05.05.2013 , 09:36 PM | #10
Yeah true, lag is the number one enemy of alacrity, but if I'm dueling outside of a wz or trying to ninja a node, lag is usually minimal.

So, discounting lag, 1% alacrity = 1% more damage.

1% crit < 1% alacrity
Lag doesn't matter as long as you're not sitting at 100% Force for extended time, because the amount of Force you have is generally 100% related to how much damage you can/will do so filling it up 1% faster gets you 1% more damage. Deception is relatively hungry on Force so it's not like you have to worry about having too much Force and wasting regen.