Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight Looking for leveling Spec

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight Looking for leveling Spec

Hordolur
05.01.2013 , 12:35 PM | #1
Hello I am new and looking for a leveling DPS spec
I am a Jedi Knight thinking of going Guardian for Heavy Armor
Parkson ~ Jedi Knight Human Level 26
Astton ~ Jedi Knight Human Level 20
Staffman ~ Commando Human Level 13

Ridickilis
05.02.2013 , 08:19 AM | #2
Vigilance tree. Here's a link to the skill calculator. You can mess around with this to map out what you want to take for talents. Read all the tool tips and keep in mind you need increments of 5 points to get to the next tiers.

First tier:
3 Single saber mastery
2 improved sundering strike

Second tier:
2 perseverance
2 defiance
1 accuracy

Third tier:
1 shien form
2 unremitting
2 gather strength

Fourth tier:
1 effluence
3 vigilance
1 accuracy (back down in the second tier)

Fifth tier:
1 overhead slash

That will take you to level 30, that's where my current level 30 guardian is and the order in which the points were placed. Level 30 would also be a good point to re-spec to focus if you wanted to give that a try (or you could just go right up the focus tree from the start if you wanted to). I prefer rolling with Vigilance for a dps spec but both are good.

kaimelion
05.04.2013 , 08:18 PM | #3
I'd go for Focus as soon as you hit 45. Just charge the strong mob and focus on it. Weak and normal mobs are one-shoots. Fastest leveling ever =)
Azod / Azid - now playing with power! TWITCH
The Final Tauntaun Vis Fatalis
Coral R.I.P. DRAMA R.I.P.

Miravlix
05.05.2013 , 09:07 AM | #4
Jedi Knight gets it healer pet late, so I'm pretty sure a good leveling spec is the wrong way to go, you want to start out in defense, until the healer opens up more options. You go with the Defense tree, but get DPS armor.

It's entirely possible to level with the DPS specs, you just have to skip some of the fun and be ready to run away.

Ridickilis
05.06.2013 , 09:29 AM | #5
It's actually not bad at all (specing dps) while using T7 to tank for you if you keep his gear up to date while waiting on your healer.

Yes, defense is the 'easiest' but I have been having a good time with Vig so far (level 34 now). I'm finding that I can usually go about 3 mobs or so before having to rez up and even then it's a 'just in case'.