Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hard Modes not working! GJ Bioware


Herew's Avatar


Herew
12.21.2011 , 12:31 PM | #1
So me and 3 other players thought we should try some hardmodes today. We did Esseles hardmode was all right. Then we wanted to continue with Hammerstation. To our surprise we could not access this FP in hardmode, nor could we access any of the other FPs in the Mission Departures area. With some workarounds we finally managed to get into Taral V. (Picking up the quest, talk to master Oteg, abandon the [GROUP] Taral V flashpoint, takeing the Hardmode quest from the droid) Oh joy we can do a FP in hardmode, finally. After we wipe and press the respawn button we are all disconnected and are now waiting in queue.

GJ Bioware on testing your endgame content for even basic playability. I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem and if Bioware are aware of it. (Assuming yes, just want assurance)
Member of squadron 950A
Heru - Jedi Guardian - Bloodworthy

StickySheets's Avatar


StickySheets
12.21.2011 , 12:36 PM | #2
Im one off the guys, that was playing with him, And i can confirm all off it..

It seems like all we can do atm is, either pvp and farm the gear from there, or just do esseless once a day, then continue to teral V with our workaround way, attempt a boss, and que for 2 hours as a punishment for whiping...

While on the started planet Ord mantal there are only 24 players atm, so i dont understand the que anyways..

Anyways, GG Bioware, hope its fixed soon because its unplayable.

~StickySheets
~GM My Little Ewok

Anthya's Avatar


Anthya
12.21.2011 , 01:21 PM | #3
Yeah, I just noticed that we only have half of the advertised hard mode flashpoints. Seems a bit.. off.

Sykomyke's Avatar


Sykomyke
12.21.2011 , 01:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by StickySheets View Post
Im one off the guys, that was playing with him, And i can confirm all off it..

It seems like all we can do atm is, either pvp and farm the gear from there, or just do esseless once a day, then continue to teral V with our workaround way, attempt a boss, and que for 2 hours as a punishment for whiping...

While on the started planet Ord mantal there are only 24 players atm, so i dont understand the que anyways..

Anyways, GG Bioware, hope its fixed soon because its unplayable.

~StickySheets
~GM My Little Ewok

You can't level in the meantime? Or are you one of those spacebar players who rushed through the game and is now complaining about lack of end-game?
I suspect it's the latter.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire

Anthya's Avatar


Anthya
12.21.2011 , 01:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
You can't level in the meantime? Or are you one of those spacebar players who rushed through the game and is now complaining about lack of end-game?
I suspect it's the latter.
Personally, I just dinged 50 having not space barred a single thing. I just had a lot of time on my hands this last week.

We were, however, told that every flashpoint would have a hard mode.

So far, all the 'hangar' flashpoints (Hammer, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, Cademimu, Colicoid War Games and Red Reaper) are all missing their hard modes.

So.. it's not so much complaining about lack of end game content, it's complaining that the content that we were led to believe would be there, is not actually there.

I'm not complaining too loudly, I still have plenty of **** to do. It's just.. half the content is missing. That seems like a pretty big oversight.

Geston's Avatar


Geston
12.21.2011 , 01:33 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
You can't level in the meantime? Or are you one of those spacebar players who rushed through the game and is now complaining about lack of end-game?
I suspect it's the latter.
Please dont post crap like this. It just sounds bitter and adds nothing to the topic. I myself am not 50 but I do agree with the OP, this needs to be changed.

Bioware isn't going to do anything about it if we say nothing. Im fine if OP space bar'd to 50. That means this might get sorted out by the time I hit 50
Tanking isn't a role. It's a calling.

Herew's Avatar


Herew
12.21.2011 , 01:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
You can't level in the meantime? Or are you one of those spacebar players who rushed through the game and is now complaining about lack of end-game?
I suspect it's the latter.
Obviously we are at 50 since we are doing hardmodes. You don't have to spacebar through everything to be at 50 by now if you've played a lot since the first day of early access. It's not that we can't do anything else, as much as it's the fact that a big part of the game, end-game dungeons is not even working. They are not glitchy or lack content, they are not present at all.
You should be happy, if everyone was as slow as you then you'd get to 50 and you would discover, with all the other fan-boys that come with the same ****** argument, that half the end-game content is unaccessable.
Member of squadron 950A
Heru - Jedi Guardian - Bloodworthy

ninja_x's Avatar


ninja_x
12.21.2011 , 01:39 PM | #8
Your needs are important.

Your opinion is valid.

However you are experiencing an issue that... honestly.... 0.01% of the player base is currently able to access.

There are other issues that they are looking into that affects >70% of the rest. Those are of higher-priority and being dealt with first.

Yes the heroic instances will be there in time. Be patient.
I'm getting a raging clue!

Sykomyke's Avatar


Sykomyke
12.21.2011 , 01:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Geston View Post
Please dont post crap like this. It just sounds bitter and adds nothing to the topic. I myself am not 50 but I do agree with the OP, this needs to be changed.

Bioware isn't going to do anything about it if we say nothing. Im fine if OP space bar'd to 50. That means this might get sorted out by the time I hit 50
First off, I'm allowed to voice my opinion. It's ridiculous when people rush to 50 and then complain about nothing to do.

I recall them saying hard mode would be in the game(which it is-Black Talon has hard mode), I don't recall them guaranteeing every flashpoint would have hard mode by the 2nd day of "official launch". (Which today is only the 2nd day of the game being officially released) If you can provide it in writing then I'll back off.

Secondly, he (OP) stated that they were able to get into the hardmode by doing "workarounds" and then he complained that his workaround caused him to crash. No surprise there, if you are doing a complicated series of interactions with a game engine in order to circumvent an already apparent error, it shouldn't come as a surprise that you will bug out.

Essentially if you want to get into semantics he should have filed a bug report and gone on to do something else. Instead I highly suspect that his "workaround" probably involved exploiting (By the technical definition of exploiting) some game mechanic to bypass whatever bug/filter was preventing him from entering hard modes for the other flashpoints.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire

Sykomyke's Avatar


Sykomyke
12.21.2011 , 01:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Herew View Post
Obviously we are at 50 since we are doing hardmodes. You don't have to spacebar through everything to be at 50 by now if you've played a lot since the first day of early access. It's not that we can't do anything else, as much as it's the fact that a big part of the game, end-game dungeons is not even working. They are not glitchy or lack content, they are not present at all.
You should be happy, if everyone was as slow as you then you'd get to 50 and you would discover, with all the other fan-boys that come with the same ****** argument, that half the end-game content is unaccessable.
Yea god forbid I have a job that I go to. Damn shame that I can't sit at home all day playing the game and have to be a responsible adult. I'm level 30 FYI. I have scheduled time off next week for Christmas Vacation and I suspect I'll hit 50 by the end of my vacation period. So, yes, I did expect people to hit 50 fast. What I didn't expect people to do was hit 50 and then continue to whine about lack of end-game. You rushed there, now you see that 50 has lack of content.

If it's buggy, report it and move on and do something else, like I stated in my other post.

Also...Congratulations. Ad hominem eh? Just cause I don't agree with you, or because I value my job over a game doesn't make me a fanboy. Such a stupid term. Overused by a majority of people who really have no place using it. So if I like Bioware/SWTOR I'm a fanboy? Mature viewpoint there sonny.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire