Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove shackling from Cademimu Boss fight

Desdecardo
05.03.2013 , 10:24 PM | #1
Its bugged. Most of the time people cant unshackle during it. It is one of the many things that is ruining 2.0. Before you release 2.1 Either fix or remove shackling from Cademimu. It is WAY more important to your finances than customization. I ran 2 of these bug fests and each one had one subscriber saying that they were quitting because of the mess you guys create.
Never Forget 9/29/11

Edonac
05.03.2013 , 10:46 PM | #2
Its not bugged, its just that you cant have everyone stacked up on the General. You need to spread out abit during the fight. If people are near whoever gets the shackle, you can only free one so you have to think of who to free and who can free themselves with their CC breaks. Its a pain in the arse fight, but just makes the fight more interesting.
Syrom - 55 Guardian Tank

xOxDarkyxOx
05.04.2013 , 05:11 AM | #3
I think it is pretty good as it is to teach pug tanks some situational awareness.

melodylane
05.04.2013 , 08:48 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Edonac View Post
Its not bugged, its just that you cant have everyone stacked up on the General. You need to spread out abit during the fight. If people are near whoever gets the shackle, you can only free one so you have to think of who to free and who can free themselves with their CC breaks. Its a pain in the arse fight, but just makes the fight more interesting.
It is bugged it is not supposed to work like that it is mentioned in the Dev tracker as a known issue:
[BUG] Cademimu HM 55 Broken shackles | 04.24.2013, 06:42 PM

I did some research into this and I wanted to pass on the details of exactly what is happening with this bug and its current workaround while we work on a fix.

When fighting General Ortoll, throughout the fight he will throw shackles on a player and all players in that immediate area. Typically, what needs to happen is that a player needs to run across a shackled player in order to break them free.

Here is what the bug is causing to happen. If you are the original target of the shackle, you can still be broken out normally without any issues but what is happening incorrectly is that if any additional players are hit by the shackle, they cannot be broken out by another player. However, any form of CC break ability that player has will still work.

The only current workarounds for the issue is to 1) make sure you are spread out so no additional players are shackled and 2) save your personal CC break should you get hit by it. Again, the bugged shackles should only be affecting any additional targets who were hit by it that were not the original target!

I will work on getting this on the known issues list. Thank you all for your reports I will get an update posted as soon as I know more, we are actively on fixing this issue.

-eric
keep up with the dev tracker

"For some people this world ain't never gonna be right.... Maybe your Mattie's one of those people" ~ Doc Holiday -Tombstone-

Eternalnight
05.04.2013 , 08:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Edonac View Post
Its not bugged,
It is bugged

Quote:
If people are near whoever gets the shackle, you can only free one
Do you seriously not realize that what you are describing here is a bug?

It has even been confirmed as a known issue by developers.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...29&postcount=9

Edonac
05.04.2013 , 10:15 AM | #6
Ah, then i stand corrected, it is a bug. Still, i think its fine as is, just makes the fight alittle more challenging.
Syrom - 55 Guardian Tank