Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ok I'm stumped I don't know why I'm underperforming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Ok I'm stumped I don't know why I'm underperforming

Choffware
05.03.2013 , 10:48 AM | #1
I'm a carnage spec. (same problem when I switch to rage). I am never higher than 300k total dps in a warzone. I can't seem to burst anyone. I always middle of the road for damage. I'm in full weapon master partisan gear and started adding strength augments. I have not min-maxed anything yet. I've read the carnage rotation threads and I just seem to be lagging very much behind. When I parse on a warzone dummy I'm only doing 1600k
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I generally:

Leap->BA->gore->mass->mass->gore on proc or mass->ravage->VT->FS

What the hell I'm I doing wrong?
Mantorin 55 Marauder || Choff lvl 55 Merc || Chof lvl 51 Sorc

KyferSalvo
05.03.2013 , 05:54 PM | #2
Well first, what kind of latency are you working with? I'd say that is the largest factor as carnage, lag is killer for the spec.

Otherwise make sure you get a mix of weaponmaster and the other one, forgot its name, but it shares the bonus with weaponmaster. You are shooting for power+surge, (optional: with a little crit thrown). Full weaponmaster has some pieces without power surge so you would want to use the power/surge pieces from the other set.

For pvp, rotations are more of a guideline rather than a rule, as you have to adapt, but you got the general idea. I don't use rupture as carnage though, I suppose it might be useful in certain situations, but I rarely use it. Also, don't forget the dual saber throw, that one is helpful, and free. Use those stuns too, a well placed aoe mez can keep you alive a lot longer.

Also, if you are pugging, your numbers can sometimes be low. I pug primarily and I'm around 850-1k dps on average, but in a group, with a somewhat dedicated healer, and guard? I could probably go for 1.6k or so, depending on the heals for the other team.

PoliteAssasin
05.04.2013 , 12:44 AM | #3
Rupture shouldn't be in your rotation at all. And you shouldn't go for strength augments as a mara. Furthermore, don't be expecting to burst anyone down until you're properly geared. These specs are dependent on it.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

Choffware
05.04.2013 , 07:21 AM | #4
I meant Ravage sorry that was a typo... I hardly use rupture... on on stealthers to prevent them from vanishing... the dot pulls them out of stealth after a vanish

Choffware
05.04.2013 , 07:23 AM | #5
I'm working on moving the pieces around so I have surge power verses crit... Seems to be helping I'm only 1/2 done moving the pieces around