Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Q] Keep set bonus or upgrade?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Q] Keep set bonus or upgrade?

Griad
05.01.2013 , 07:18 AM | #11
With 2 dread guard pieces and 2 arkanien you will have a total of 10% more shield rating. if you are tank btw.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

BoboHut
05.03.2013 , 03:40 PM | #12
Depends on the set bonus. Some you really need to keep while others don't really matter.

Some set bonuses for dps gear only help with energy, so if that's not an issue with you in the first place, the extra primary stat will probably be better then keeping the set bonus.

For tanks, a heavy armor user will lose about 100 armor rating per piece between 61 and 69 gear. 400 for the 4 piece set bonus will be about 1% less Damage reduction.

Calculation if you care:
Spoiler

I don't have the math on this, but it looks like all 3 tank types will easily benefit more from their 4 piece set bonus that getting that extra 1% damage reduction.

EDIT: I thought I was in the tank area of the forums but looks like I was in the Assassin area when I first responded. Anyways, for assassin dps, you are comparing 52 willpower from 61 to 69 for the 15% crit chance on thrash and voltaic thrash, so set bonus seems worth it. For assassin tanks, same as what I said above still holds true.