Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lvl 55 Flashpoints are too hard, drop **** loot and are mostly overrun by pugs...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
lvl 55 Flashpoints are too hard, drop **** loot and are mostly overrun by pugs...

LordCJK
05.03.2013 , 07:34 AM | #11
First of all, HM means Hard Mode. HARD mode. It's always funny when someone asks to nerf HM/NiM fp/operation.
Then you say about gear requirements. The flashpoints can be done in 61/63 mix or even 58s if you're good enough. 50 lvl flashpoints ans operations drops 61/63 gear( and groups almost always contain 90 % 55 lvls so it it is walk in the park). Not to mention you can buy 1-2 66 gear pieces when you complete Makeb.
Loot is not that good but well... It's almost same system as pre 2.0. You was getting full tionese set at the start and all bosses except last one were dropping tionese or even worse. Only last boss was dropping Columi. Now we have bonus boss and last drops Black Market.
And last but not the least. After 2-3 completing these flashpoints become too easy. And now you are asking to make them even easier?

Zombietroll
05.03.2013 , 08:41 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
There is another problem: the quality of the loot.
It's bad, a couple of Black Market gear, some crappy blue mods bracers for such hard instances? Meh.
Black Market gear is more than enough to run hard mode operations. What do you think it should drop? I'm guessing you gear that instantly pushes your stats to the hard caps. Seriously, HM flashpoints aren't difficult, and even if they were, Black Market gear is a mere one step below the best gear in the game.

The game is finally becoming really engaging and fun at level cap. I haven't rolled a new alt since the expansion came out, and its due to the content being much more rich and engaging. Nerfing the new flashpoints would be a strong step towards the death of this game.

If you don't like the PUGs then why don't you get a guild and run with them?
Cheezeburger - Jedi Covenant - 55 Operative Healer

yoomazir
05.03.2013 , 09:39 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zombietroll View Post
If you don't like the PUGs then why don't you get a guild and run with them?
I do, it's the only way, I hope you guys don't think I wasn't capable of clearing those fp's, I had the Warstalker title way before 2.0, it's just that a lot of players, I repeat, A LOT OF PLAYERS, simply can't run a lvl 55 FP, even when you o explain to them step by step what to do.

And about the quality of the gear, BM is enough? Maybe, but why do I feel it's a retrograde? Maybe because pre-2.0 HM FPs dropped gear set bonuses, and now, in these lvl 55, you don't get gear with set bonuses. Some people don't care, like most of the posters here, but I do, simple as that.

Zombietroll
05.03.2013 , 12:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
I do, it's the only way, I hope you guys don't think I wasn't capable of clearing those fp's, I had the Warstalker title way before 2.0, it's just that a lot of players, I repeat, A LOT OF PLAYERS, simply can't run a lvl 55 FP, even when you o explain to them step by step what to do.

And about the quality of the gear, BM is enough? Maybe, but why do I feel it's a retrograde? Maybe because pre-2.0 HM FPs dropped gear set bonuses, and now, in these lvl 55, you don't get gear with set bonuses. Some people don't care, like most of the posters here, but I do, simple as that.
Players = People and People = mostly idiots. So obviously there will be PUGs that can't do an HM FP.

With a few exceptions, the set bonus isn't really all that great anyways. If you are really concerned about them you can upgrade armorings last. In at least one instance you can get a 30% bonus to AOE healing by combining old set bonuses with the new ones.
Cheezeburger - Jedi Covenant - 55 Operative Healer

SamuraBob_Fl
05.03.2013 , 12:43 PM | #15
I think those of us who've been playing since launch got too used to facerolling HMs, as we seriously outgeared all but LI for months. It's a bit of shock finally having FP's require things like strategies, cc. and coordination.

I don't think that's a bad thing. It's a lot more engaging than barreling through The Foundry for the 35th time for comms and everyone vendors the gear drops.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

Delta_V
05.03.2013 , 01:23 PM | #16
1) The overall difficulty is fine. I've beaten every boss in the 55 HMs except the bonus boss in Hammer Station, and that is only because I've only drawn that FP once (the GF seems obsessed with putting me in Mando Raiders), and had an undergeared healer. Endgame content should require at least a degree of competence. However, I do think some adjustment is in order.

First, some of the trash pulls need to be adjusted, because random mobs shouldn't be harder than some of the boss fights. There's one pull in Mando Raiders with 5 or 6 of those dogs that I've seen wipe as many groups as any of the bosses, and I think that is a little too much.

Second, I think things should be evened out between mdps and rdps. Currently, a lot of the bosses are much more punishing for mdps than rdps. One of the most popular mechanics seems to involve putting up aoe circles under the boss, which is a major pain for mdps, but doesn't affect rdps at all. I think the mechanics need to be more fair for the different classes.

2) The quality of the drops (BM gear) is fine, but I am getting frustrated with the way it is distributed. I much preferred the unassembled tokens from pre-2.0. For one, they gave you a better chance at getting a drop. Second, since each FP dropped a specific token, you knew which FPs to run to get the gear you needed. For instance, if you needed the chest, you could just run FE until it dropped. When I hit 50, I was in almost full Columi in a week. But now, since I've hit 55, I've only gotten 3 pieces of BM gear from drops in over 2 weeks of running 55 HM FPs. I've gotten as much gear from Elite Comms as from drops, and considering how many FPs you have to run to grind out Elite Comms, that is frustrating.

CrownofGold
05.03.2013 , 01:39 PM | #17
My best advice is to just run with a guild. If your guild does not help you run FPs find a new guild. Many of these new 55 FPs require goodf communication and a plan on top of decent gear.

Think about it THERE IS A REASON BIOWARE IS NOW GIVING US A 5% BOOST TO JOIN A GUILD. You need them to survive!

I am not saying it is impossible to do well with a pug, I have only run into a couple where you can, but you are far better running with guildies or other players on your friend list.
"I am Revan reborn and before me you are nothing!"
Nox 55 Sorc (D), Imperius 55 Sorc (H), Sinthea 55 Sin (D), Ra'vij 55 Marauder, Thanavesh 55 Juggernaut (D), Toxic'blade 55 Operative (H), Priss 55 Mercenary (D), A'ala 55 Sentinel, Snowflakes 55 Shadow (D) Dread Guardians @ POT5 Server

MorgothPl
05.03.2013 , 05:51 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Whizle View Post
Lastly, I could care less about new players. Honestly, f2p has been a giant pain. I've stopped entering the GF queue unless I'm in a group with most of my guildies. There are too many bad/inexperienced players out there to make it worthwhile to pug (especially with the increase in repair costs).
That's the problem. Inexperienced players could use people that would teach them how to LoS pull, how to fight bossess and such. I don't mind paying repairs for few wipes, just to teach people thing or two. Because having more players, who learn how to play benefits the game as whole.

And there is more problem caused by the "experienced" players in their new great gear. Met few of those today. "Oh, we are in 69, we can steamroll everything. We don't need CC, just AoE" - that pull with two elite droids at Hammer station ended in two wipes, because they didn't bother to LoS pull and CC... Then I had a run with unexperienced players who played smart, listened to advice and learned. And I rather run the stuff with those than with elitists who think that gear > skill.

yoomazir
05.03.2013 , 08:25 PM | #19
Another thing is: Basic Gear, does Bioware think people are bothering grinding that gear before reaching lvl 55? Everyone I know only picked the mainhand/offhand and some occasional gear piece, no one cares about basic coms.

Seriously what's the gearing process?
step 1: basic gear
step 2: black market gear
step 3: arkanian gear
step 4: verpine gear
step 5: underworld gear
Not to mention the Campaign/Dread Guard gear

Yeah, not really, Bioware has introduced a useless amount of gear process, that most people, if nt all will never, ever, bother to get.

Like I said, BW could have simply introduced Arkanian/BM gear on FPs, Verpine for OPs SM & Underworld for OPs HM, there simple as that, and simply remove all the useless stuff that no one cares.

Astarica
05.03.2013 , 09:21 PM | #20
You can beat the non bonus non final bosses quite easily in pretty weak gear and that gear is like slightly worse than Basic Gear. The only boss that's a strict gear check is the bonus boss in Hammer Station, followed by the final boss in Mandolorian Raiders. I've beaten the latter with a pretty weak group, though no such luck on the former (if you don't meet the enrage timer no amount of cleverness can work). So that leaves at most 2 out of 8 bosses you can't beat even if you've rather atrocious gear. The 6 bosses that drop Black Market loot plus the elite comms will get the gear you need to beat the last 2, and honestly it doesn't take very much to beat Mandolorian Raiders either.