Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The "unable to purchase" bug -- Any updates on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
The "unable to purchase" bug -- Any updates on this?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xonell
05.03.2013 , 04:15 AM | #1
I've waited a month now to buy the expansion, hoping that that "unable to purchase more cartel coins" bug would be fixed but I'm still getting it. The last time I tried to purchase the expansion was, I think, over two weeks ago. Is this issue being addressed, and if so, is there a time frame for the fix?

To recap:
  • I have had a recurring subscription since launch. The billing for that never fails. It's the same card I'm trying to use to purchase the expansion.
  • My card works fine everywhere else.
  • My bank has not rejected any transactions.
  • I've never bought Cartel Coins.
  • I'm willing to wait 20 minutes on hold with customer service (but not 2 hours!)

I just want to gives you monies. Halp?

Edit: This issue is resolved. See this post for solution: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...5&postcount=23
WANTED: THERON SHAN CRIMES: BEING TOO HANDSOME, NOT CALLING ME
If found, please return to SWTOR in next xpac. Thank you.

Solo-Jo
05.03.2013 , 04:20 AM | #2
Like you I was having this same issue but strangly this past week it just went away, hopefully to never rear its ugly head again. If the last time you tired was two weeks ago try again this week and see if it works.

Xonell
05.03.2013 , 04:21 AM | #3
I tried just before posting. I thought with the new month and billing period that it would go away.

Beesodd
05.03.2013 , 04:42 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I'm sorry to hear that this is ongoing for you. As Solo-Jo mentioned this particular issue should have been resolved.

Can I check, are you using a proxy when you try to make the purchase?

Also, would there be any difference between your location on your card, and your actual location?

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Xonell
05.04.2013 , 04:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
I'm sorry to hear that this is ongoing for you. As Solo-Jo mentioned this particular issue should have been resolved.

Can I check, are you using a proxy when you try to make the purchase?

Also, would there be any difference between your location on your card, and your actual location?
Thank you for the reply!
  • No proxies in use.
  • Contact information for my SWTOR account, banking address, and physical location are all the same.
It eez a mysteree!

Xonell
05.10.2013 , 06:30 AM | #6
Just wondering if there's any updates to this issue...

Edit: I also want to note that my husband has an identical account (as far as acct age, location, banking, browser used, etc) and he didn't experience any issues with billing. It's so weird.

Toxxo
05.10.2013 , 09:13 AM | #7
I have been havig trouble with this too. I spoke to a customer service rep yesterday who said that I need to wait 30 days for the lock on my credit card to be lifted. After that, I will be able to buy CC coins as normal. I've tried to use Paypal and I get a slightly different "try later" message. I'm now worried about using any other methods in case they don't work too and worried that my subscription won't update.
I'm going to make a petition requesting that BW remove the Cartel Coin limit lock out because it has caused sooooo many problems.

Janmanden
05.10.2013 , 09:43 AM | #8
Got this problem too. I am a danish citizen living in Ukraine. Maybe I just can't pay with my 'danish' PayPal or Credit Card, but I truly wonder why I was able to enter a subscription plan three weeks ago and pay, where I used one of these payment methods?! Somehow the payment method got corrupted in those two weeks or something new and sinister emerged, erm, strike that, this is obviously festering old.

Xonell
05.24.2013 , 06:57 PM | #9
I just tried again today. Still the same problem.

Karovd
05.24.2013 , 07:01 PM | #10
I'm in the same boat - just tried tried again today after waiting a week since my last try, no luck
I really can't see the logic in this system.