Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lvl 55 Flashpoints are too hard, drop **** loot and are mostly overrun by pugs...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
lvl 55 Flashpoints are too hard, drop **** loot and are mostly overrun by pugs...

yoomazir
05.03.2013 , 03:44 AM | #1
I kinda understand what Bioware had in mind when they released those lvl 55 fp's, they probably thought: "hey most of our players are columi/BH geared so let's give them a good challenge!", good idea... in theory.

See, the problem is the new players, you see, most of them, the first thing they want to do is reaching lvl 55, and since it's so easy to reach it by only doing planetary quests they probably didn't bother doing (and probably never will) our beloved lvl 50 fp's to gear up properly. So what do you see? Pugs in lvl 55 fp's. What happens? lots of wipes followed by trashtalk and ragequitting...

There is another problem: the quality of the loot.
It's bad, a couple of Black Market gear, some crappy blue mods bracers for such hard instances? Meh.

In my opinion lvl 55 flashpoints should have their difficulty toned down so everyone, especially the new players, could enjoy them, and, like pre-2.0 when drops were columi (set bonuses armors), the loot should be arkanian gear.

And ibf L2P UURR DUUR, the goal is to bring new players and introduce them properly for high lvl content, flashpoints should be like the beginner's step to that direction, and not a 4 man operation raid.

Remember Bioware, you want to attract customers, even the noobiest ones, not scare them away, this is Star Wars, not Eve online.

Qvasar
05.03.2013 , 04:38 AM | #2
No! Absolutly not.

Enough with the requests for nerfs already, pretty soon you will have noone to play with except casual cluelss players because the good ones will leave out of boredom.

If players are not properly gearing up for lvel 55 HM flashpoints it's their own fault, the recommended item rating is 148. This means most players should be able to do them with 148 rating gear, more skilled players with worse gear, and less skilled with better.

The reason people are wiping on flashpoints now is because they have ran the old level 50 hard mode flashpoints way overgeared for months. Noone uses CC, trash pulls aren't properly tanked, kill orders and tactics are nowhere to be heard of.

Also there is absolutly no reason to drop Arkanian gear on flashpoints because you do not need it to complete story mode operations, which actually drop Arkanian. You are asking to skip gear progression. Basically:
  • If you only run flashpoints and never set foot on story mode operations you shouldn't have nor need Arkanian gear.
  • If you only run story mode operations and never set foot on hard mode operations you shouldn't have nor need Underworld gear.

Back in my day games had difficulty modes (Easy, Normal, Hard, Nightmare) Players chose the mode that matched their skill and didn't complain. Hard modes were indeed hard and some nightmare modes were pretty much unbeatable with only a handful of people in the world got through them.
Nowadays people think that if they can't do some nightmare mode operation then it requires a nerf. It doesn't! From the moment someone clears it then it is doable. If others can't match the achievement the problema is them, not the game.

Stop trivializing achievements in game by making sure everyone can do them.

Whizle
05.03.2013 , 05:19 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
I kinda understand what Bioware had in mid when they released those lvl 55 fp's, they probably thought: "hey most of our players are columi/BH geared so let's give them a good challenge!", good idea... in theory.

See, the problem is the new players, you see, most of them, the first thing they want to do is reaching lvl 55, and since it's so easy to reach it by only doing planetary quests they probably didn't bother doing (and probably never will) our beloved lvl 50 fp's to gear up properly. So what do you see? Pugs in lvl 55 fp's. What happens? lots of wipes followed by trashtalk and ragequitting...

It's bad, a couple of Black Market gear, some crappy blue mods bracers for such hard instances? Meh.

In my opinion lvl 55 flashpoints should have their difficulty toned down so everyone, especially the new players, could enjoy them, and, like pre-2.0 when drops were columi (set bonuses armors), the loot should be arkanian gear.

And ibf L2P UURR DUUR, the goal is to bring new players and introduce them properly for high lvl content, flashpoints should be like the beginner's step to that direction, and not a 4 man operation raid.

Remember Bioware, you want to attract customers, even the noobiest ones, not scare them away, this is Star Wars, not Eve online.
No.

First, the FPs aren't too hard. You can do them in 63s (you can craft purple 66s with purchasable crew skill schematics).

Second, the gear drops are designed to encourage repetition and progression. If they ramped up the loot drops, everyone would just run the thing once then whine about the lack of new content.

Thirdly, I'm glad that there is finally something that is reserved for raiding. Having to run ops to get the set bonuses makes running the ops meaningful. Flashpoints shouldn't drop operations-level gear.

Lastly, I could care less about new players. Honestly, f2p has been a giant pain. I've stopped entering the GF queue unless I'm in a group with most of my guildies. There are too many bad/inexperienced players out there to make it worthwhile to pug (especially with the increase in repair costs).

DonkeyGobbler
05.03.2013 , 05:20 AM | #4
Just.... no.

In my opinion lvl 55 flashpoints should have their difficulty toned down so everyone, especially the new players, could enjoy them
If you tone them down then everyone still won't enjoy them, because many will get bored of them. They can be challenging the first time, in an undergeared group, but they're far from too hard. I dread to think how easy (aka boring) they'll be once everyone is full 69+.

There are plenty of level 50 FPs for that.

The same applies for the core customer base. Bore them to death and they'll leave.

Thundergulch
05.03.2013 , 06:17 AM | #5
I kinda understand what Bioware had in mid when they released those lvl 55 fp's, they probably thought: "hey most of our players are columi/BH geared so let's give them a good challenge!", good idea... in theory.

Really? Do we really need another QQ thread from someone that thinks 55 HM FP's are too friggin hard?
You're crying that they drop Black Market loot,correct? Newsflash!: If you're in full/mostly Black Market gear, then you're overgeared for these 55 HM FP's!!!
Man up and L2P, they are not hard..... you just can't expect to faceroll them like you were doing in Boarding Party.

GenBelisarius
05.03.2013 , 06:39 AM | #6

Keep things that are "hard" hard, and I am pretty sure any instance is much easier when you actually approach it with your gear level in mind, if you can't take on 4-5 mobs at once, use some cc, if you can, then nuke them all down. New players can progress like any other player, I am taking my time to get all 8 ACs to 55 and I will be progressing each one too once I get there.

alexthepadawan
05.03.2013 , 06:43 AM | #7
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooob
Gomja
Inoctavo
Youtube chanel
Mantle of the Force

Griad
05.03.2013 , 07:16 AM | #8
If you dont have the gear use the dailies to get better gear, thats the progression. your not supposed to pop into a HM FP as soon as you hit 55 unless you have some decent gear and you can get alot of decent gear from lvl 50 FP and dailies.

Do those then proceed to lvl 55 HM and the ops SM and lastly OPS HM
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

wookiwwlover
05.03.2013 , 07:16 AM | #9
No... Just plain no.
I have been doing HM 55's for less than a week, and you know what? They are already too easy for me. Biggest learning curve was the different Boss mechanics and thats not rocket science. Do em once and thats that.
Had a horrible night of pugs in Lost Island second boss, despite telling the group exactly how too stack underneath him and stay there... We wipe 6 times from players standing away from him when he rages.
I mean stacking under his ballz is so difficult.

I would like them even harder and cant wait to do my first 55 OP.

genesiser
05.03.2013 , 07:32 AM | #10
They are hard? That's news to me.

When myself and two friends (gunslinger, commando, and scoundrel healer) hit 55 using 58 mods we were clearing them no problem. Before you say we were carried by the tanks, they were usually hovering at around 27k hp. We just used CC when we could and if we wiped on a boss, it was because we didn't know what the fight was about in the new HM version of them. With a quick tweak to strategy instead of just doing whatever, we killed the boss in the next try. So to say they are hard is really nothing but a learn to play issue.
Heroism is enduring for just one more minute.