Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Never_Hesitate
05.03.2013 , 03:19 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by XXcroxphireXX View Post
Its funny I came across this post. I have'nt even used group finder yet and have only play in a group a couple of times and never PVP'd. The reason I shy away from groups is im dont want to be one of the guys you just posted about. I have a couple level 50's and working on more so its not like I dont know how to play but........idk.
Every single one of the poster's was once a noob, some more and some less recently.
To be mentioned here (not by name of course) or to maybe pick something up and advance in your class/playstyle is better, than hiding in a shell.

So I encourage you to group up or ask/read in the forum and profit from the knowledge other players have gathered
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

JPryde
05.03.2013 , 03:40 AM | #32
On monday I had the following hilarious PUG encounter:

I was playing my tertiary healer char, a lvl 52 commando healer. I listed as healer only, as I got not a single piece of DD equipment. The group was formed almost instantly.

We got battle of ilum and after exchanging a few "hellos" we went on. Assigned tank was a jedi-guardian.

On the first pull already, I noticed that this would be a piece of work, as the tank was holding aggro of exactly one mob... the one he was slashing at. As I was keeping him alive, all other mobs naturally turned to me.

On the first boss, we wiped twice and one of the DD had to go afk for 5 mins... I took that time to inspect the tank a bit. His equipment seemed alright, even though it was leaning on the DD side much more than on tanking, but at lvl 55 he should have been a suitable tank anyway.

Then I took a look at the active buffs and saw the DD-stance on... so the following conversation arised:

Me: "Shouldn't you be in Soresu-stance for tanking ?"
Tank: "I am more a DD than a tank. It will work alright."
Me: "But you are the assigned tank for this FP. Did you skill tank at all ?"
Tank: "No, I am fully DD skilled."
Me: "Then why did you list as a tank ?"
Tank: "Goes faster. If I only list as DD, it takes ages to find a group."
Me: "okay, doesn't matter much, but please switch to Soresu at least, you don't need to reskill for that."
Tank: "Nah, I will pull to much aggro then."
Me: "But that is your job as a tank !"
Tank: "I do not like it, if many mobs hit on me."
Me and DD: "Switch on soresu stance, you are the tank !!!"
Tank: "But then I won't do any damage !"
Me and DD: "So what, you are the tank good heaven, the DDs are doing damage !"

He then still refused to change stance for the next fight, which was another wipe, then we told him to either switch stance or ****... he switched and we did not get into any danger for the rest of the encounter.
~~~ Macht Wšchter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Tr‚ntor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Never_Hesitate
05.03.2013 , 03:53 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
Tank: "No, I am fully DD skilled."
Me: "Then why did you list as a tank ?"
Tank: "Goes faster. If I only list as DD, it takes ages to find a group."
I hate people like this.
It's very disrespectful to your group members.

I once had a group for athiss, where nobody (except for me) wrote a thing other than hi (the tank didn't even write that) at the start, it was athiss sm and the tank was ninjalooting everything, after 5 tries to get a reaction from them, I had to leave.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,

DonkeyGobbler
05.03.2013 , 05:07 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Maybe he felt like there's no need for any tactics on trash. I wouldn't be so bold to do that in ops, but in FPs, when I know it will make zero difference, I'll pull before tank without thinking twice.
Zero difference to you, irrespective of whether the tank and healer are having a hard time? You're playing in a group with set roles. It's extremely arrogant/ignorant to make the assumption that everyone's happy with you pulling.

I'm becoming less and less tolerant of DPS who chain pull. I don't mind the occasional pull but those who do it constantly deserve to be left to die. Believe me, it's not much fun chasing DPS who are chain pulling, trying to snatch aggro off them because they're impatient.

Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Then you were too slow in pulling, that's why it happened. Sure take your time before boss, but dont stand around before every pack, possibly asking "rdy?"
The tank dictates the pace. Don't like it? Enjoy queueing for another hour. I've seen DPS with this attitude running ahead pulling mobs with the tank still at low health and the healer's resource pool depleted. By all means, play how you like but don't start posting "where are all the tank?" threads on here when half your server has you on ignore. Your choice.

Whizle
05.03.2013 , 05:38 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
So he can't be talking about Thrash-less rotation (which was not optimal BTW, as optimal was back the low-thrash rotation which would occasionally have a Thrash in place of Saber Strike) ...
This is all a moot point since 2.0 reduced the force cost of shock and thrash and you are correct that every rotation used at least some melee attacks, but for accuracy's sake:
Actually, KeyboardNinja proved that the Thrashless rotation was superior because it minimized the time between Force Lightnings w/ 3x Harnessed Darkness. ("Actually, it looks like the optimum is no Double Strike/Thrash at all, if the goal is to achieve TkT as frequently as possible." http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...2&postcount=12)
So, a big jawagram 'nice try' to you for flexing your nerd muscles.

Eternalnight
05.03.2013 , 07:07 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Whizle View Post
Actually, KeyboardNinja proved that the Thrashless rotation was superior because it minimized the time between Force Lightnings w/ 3x Harnessed Darkness. ("Actually, it looks like the optimum is no Double Strike/Thrash at all, if the goal is to achieve TkT as frequently as possible." http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...2&postcount=12)
Completely thrashless rotation was not optimal as this rotation used less force than you could regain, allowing you to sometimes, maybe not often, but sometimes (when high enough on force, which could happen when there are a lot of attacks to be dodged/shielded), use thrash instead of saber strike. That post is kind of old. Try seeing what people did in 1.7

Whizle
05.03.2013 , 07:25 AM | #37
Completely thrashless rotation was not optimal as this rotation used less force than you could regain, allowing you to sometimes, maybe not often, but sometimes (when high enough on force, which could happen when there are a lot of attacks to be dodged/shielded), use thrash instead of saber strike. That post is kind of old. Try seeing what people did in 1.7
lol...did you even read the post? "As you can see, DS is literally never used (within the bounds of rounding error)." (DS = double strike/thrash). "I'm still not entirely sold on the "thrash-less" rotation. However, it is categorically undeniable that it provides the best survivability." KeyboardNinja always provides sound math to back up his claims. All you've done is run off at the mouth.
1.7 didn't alter force costs....thanks again for playing.

Never_Hesitate
05.03.2013 , 07:26 AM | #38
Could you please talk about a shadows/assas rota in another thread or per pm, it really doesn't belong here
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:

Eternalnight
05.03.2013 , 07:32 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Whizle View Post
1.7 didn't alter force costs
Not what I said. Instead of worshipping one ancient post, see what people actually did.

Whizle
05.03.2013 , 07:36 AM | #40
Not what I said. Instead of worshipping one ancient post, see what people actually did.
What people actually do doesn't equal 'optimal.' There are lots of people who do content (and even clear it) doing things sub-optimally/inefficiently. Nothing happened to change kbn's math in 1.7.