Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flying Mounts

Jiminison
05.02.2013 , 10:45 PM | #1
DO you guys think we will ever have flying mounts. Atleast after they expand on the planets. I am sure at some point they will expand the geography on the planets we already have or atleast I hope they do.

Hyfy
05.02.2013 , 10:58 PM | #2
I don't know about yours, but all my speeders seem to fly. Maybe you need to get yours into the speeder shop if they are dragging on the ground.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Pscyon
05.03.2013 , 12:30 AM | #3
I think it is possible, way down the line, but I wouldn't expect it. They pretty much have to re-design every zone on every planet to accomodate flying, and that's no small undertaking. It can be done, but we shouldn't expect it. At least not in a long long time.
Sith Sorcerer

odonoghuet
05.03.2013 , 01:12 AM | #4
But if they did this we might not have to platform jump of ride blimps for datacrons.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

JPryde
05.03.2013 , 01:24 AM | #5
The Community was complaining all year long about the planets being to small and with flying mounts a planet would automatically appear much smaller still.

I do not miss flying mounts at all and I really hope they will never be implemented.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

MoobooMagoo
05.03.2013 , 01:38 AM | #6
Last I knew, the devs said they have 0 plans to ever implement flying mounts. They just wouldn't work with the way the game is designed.
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

Kurgun
05.03.2013 , 01:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
The Community was complaining all year long about the planets being to small and with flying mounts a planet would automatically appear much smaller still.

I do not miss flying mounts at all and I really hope they will never be implemented.
Exactly!!
"He's No Good to Me Dead"

Zorash
05.03.2013 , 02:40 AM | #8
There is no way in hell I would want flying mounts. Notice all the bugs that are still present in this game, IE pvp bolster system, crafting skills returning useless components etc. Can you imagine how much crap will go wrong when they have to redesign every zone just to make flying mounts work. On top of this, there are far far more important things in my mind that I would want the coders to implement in this game than flying around.

PanikSpreder
05.03.2013 , 02:47 AM | #9
I sure hope not. It takes away alot of the immersion on a planet if you just bypass everything. And lets not forget the PvP crowd, it would kill the World PvP all together and make ganking so much easier.

From a lore point though it does make sense. But gameplay wise its just a bad idea all together. If they wanted that it should have been in from the start. I'm not even sure the planets are designed with it in mind (think of how Blizzard had to change the old world for Cataclysm - a feature they actually regret later on due to it impacting other aspects of that expansion *I'm looking at you raid/dungeon content*).

So, just no. Would do more bad then good.

Cretinus
05.03.2013 , 02:50 AM | #10
I don't remember seeing anything in the Star Wars movies that looked like, or could possibly be implemented as a "flying mount" and I most definitely don't want to see any Gryphons, Hyppogryphs or Dragonhawks in SWTOR. Of course, you could let people have an X-Wing, but this would have to be really, really, really fast, actually much too fast for the purpose of being a "flying mount" cause otherwise it would simply look stupid (imagine an X-Wing travelling at the same speed as a WoW Gryphon). And it would also have to be able to fly to space and to do space combat, that's how X-Wings are. "Flying mounts" based on Nils and his goose are a WoW thing, not a general MMO thing.
Fact is: Guard urgently needs to place a lockout debuff on the target.