Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Uggen
05.02.2013 , 04:48 PM | #2181
How about giving us back the pushback on stockstrike and keeping the mezz? That way people can't just use a slow to prevent the mezz from being useful. I assume the idea was: someone charges you, you stockstrike, he is mezz'd. Run one or two meters, and cast a GR/TM. Works if the opponent has sh|t-for-brains, but if the opponent spends a random slow, the mezz is a waste. You will not be able to run away from him and thereby cast a GR. You are forced to use insta-attacks or other cc/utility moves. So what is the point of the mezz? A combination of knockback+mezz on stockstrike would have fixed the mando/merc completely, IMO.

That and make adrenaline rush activate at 30-35% hp and heal you to 35-40%. And reduce it's cooldown. 3 bloody minutes on adrenaline rush? w00t?
Uggen-Commando
Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Chimerako
05.02.2013 , 05:32 PM | #2182
Anyone still complaining about commandos isnt current playing wz. There is no way. I barely play my gunnery mando now because its too easy. Not viable in pvp? Are you serious? I can't honesty take these forums seriously anymore...I melt everyone. I'm really sorry but if you have trouble with playing this class you are not good at pvp. Point blank. High burst a kb, root, electro net and hold the line...what else do you need? Stealth?
░▒ Pala'din Monk The Army of Light ▒░
░▒ "The Time is Always Right to Do What is Right." ▒░
░▒ Website | The Citadel Chat | Forums | Application ▒░

cashogy_reborn
05.02.2013 , 05:40 PM | #2183
Quote: Originally Posted by Chimerako View Post
Anyone still complaining about commandos isnt current playing wz. There is no way. I barely play my gunnery mando now because its too easy. Not viable in pvp? Are you serious? I can't honesty take these forums seriously anymore...I melt everyone. I'm really sorry but if you have trouble with playing this class you are not good at pvp. Point blank. High burst a kb, root, electro net and hold the line...what else do you need? Stealth?
Ranked PvP. And the jury is still out on how we do in ranked.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

texoc
05.02.2013 , 05:43 PM | #2184
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Ranked PvP. And the jury is still out on how we do in ranked.
As i said, it works fine in Ranked.

Jherad
05.02.2013 , 06:45 PM | #2185
Quote: Originally Posted by texoc View Post
As i said, it works fine in Ranked.
I'll wait until I satisfied with that myself, or hear from someone I trust whose main contribution to this thread hasn't been trolling.

You know, if it's all the same to you.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Lalainnia
05.02.2013 , 06:48 PM | #2186
Buff mah healz they suck......
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

cashogy_reborn
05.02.2013 , 06:52 PM | #2187
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
I'll wait until I satisfied with that myself, or hear from someone I trust whose main contribution to this thread hasn't been trolling.

You know, if it's all the same to you.
this.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

SpaniardInfinity
05.02.2013 , 06:53 PM | #2188
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
Buff mah healz they suck......
I think Combat Medic/Bodyguard is even more dependent on a guard than before but I've found success with it. Managed to break 1.5 million heals and I am still short about a few hundred Expertise (much less anywhere near min/max'd). I do hope that we don't end up as collateral damage -- it seems as though another 1.2-esque healing nerf is on the way and I hope we don't get gutted when I don't think we're the ones over-performing.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

Jherad
05.02.2013 , 07:05 PM | #2189
Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of CM healing.

I *love* having an awesome CM on my team like Donna or Ritzi, but there is no denying that sages and scoundrels can pull out much much more healing in total.

I know numbers aren't everything - I'm actually fairly satisfied with my damage output as a commando now, even though the smashers can still regularly break 1800dps because I know I'm mostly doing single target - but I feel like CMs could probably still use a boost to their healing output (or *gasp* sages/scoundrels could come down a bit).
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

DarthBloodloss
05.02.2013 , 07:08 PM | #2190
My burst sucks. Sustained could be arguably increased but that doesn't help with the amount of healing going around these days. I'm a lot harder to kill which is great. But with a limited number of strong attacks and the increased HP pools, everything goes on cooldown long before an opponent is dead. I find myself having to use sub-optimal attacks much more frequently.

I have been waiting for a day where I have a nice amount of time to play so I can switch to Arsenal and see if the hype is legit.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS