Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVE bolster!

Anysao
04.21.2013 , 12:01 AM | #61
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to PVE Bolster!

PvP bolster is so you have a fighting chance against other players. PVE bolster would just make things stupid. The gear is your reward, to make you stronger. Sure, give us a free set of rakata (58) mods, and we're set! I spent my operative's planet comms on a ton of them, and now he's set to go for end game. But what would PVE bolster do? Make people get lazy in their flashpoints and operations.

PS- take my early quote, and use it as a sig if you support me!
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

ZirusZero
04.21.2013 , 12:45 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to PVE Bolster!

PvP bolster is so you have a fighting chance against other players. PVE bolster would just make things stupid. The gear is your reward, to make you stronger. Sure, give us a free set of rakata (58) mods, and we're set! I spent my operative's planet comms on a ton of them, and now he's set to go for end game. But what would PVE bolster do? Make people get lazy in their flashpoints and operations.

PS- take my early quote, and use it as a sig if you support me!
The point of this thread is to show how stupid PvP bolster is.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

DerTaran
04.21.2013 , 01:45 AM | #63
To be honest, I would like to see PVE bolster for H4 Quests and Flashpoints. Not to make it easier for everybody, but to make it harder. Pre 2.0, I was doing some of the Flashpoints with my guild in Elite PVP gear and we run throug the content (nearly) without any Challenges. I always wonder where the fun is for PVE players to redo Flashpoints for the weeklys again and again if they are OP anyway.
So my suggestion, make all Flashpoints 60 and bolster everyone to 60. The gear you gain there should be needed for the not bolstered Operations.
In PVP, I like the bolster system, it prevents - hopefully - people from leaving warzones because of the missing gear of the teammates (this happened very frequently pre 2.0). On the other hand, BW should not bolster Ranked WZ (like my suggestion not to bolster Operations).
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 60 Commando; Annakami 55 Vanguard; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 55 Scoundrel; Orokriste 55 Shadow
Amitha 55 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!

Malistrix
05.01.2013 , 03:48 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Soxbadger View Post
Im pretty sure pvp players are making the comparison to show bw/ea how stupid bolster is right now.

As a pve player who pvps as well, I cant say that I blame them.

When they show up to a raid in partisan and I show up in Black market, they get no break. If the guild isnt willing to drag them through, they likely arent getting picked and are being told "get better gear".

Yet now when I show up to pvp with my pve gear, Im being given a free bonus that I did not earn. I paid my dues in pvp previously, I got my gear. Now its all useless. They removed the expertise. Imagine if they had removed the stats from dreadguard, rakata pieces and said "At 55 everyone is even again." PVE players who spent time augmenting, spent time getting top end gear, would go berserk, and rightfully so.

I think most pvp players understand that an expansion results in their gear eventually becoming obsolete. I just cant recall any expansion where gear that was "elite" the day before became "completely worthless" the next.

So I hope that BW/EA goes back and rethinks this.
Thanks, finally a pve'ers who freaking understand the frustration of pvp players who got a huge slap in the face like crazy by BW/EA. Just can't understand WHY they did not just give a new pvp set when reaching lvl 55 like recruit but closing the gap of the old recruit vs WH/EWH. And why not give a pve set while were at it just to help a little at lvl 50/51 to help in makeb?
He's the mon --->

jasonthelamb
05.02.2013 , 10:05 AM | #65
I think the point is because in PvP, in max end-game gear you get somewhere around 60% bonus damage to someone with 0 expertise (or something like that), whereas if you're in PvE gear you have 0, and with no way to get PvP gear without previously PvPing, and having the comms, it's a little lame.

Personally, I would like to see them do PvP brackets of Expertise <500, 500-1000, 1000-1500, and 1500+, or at least do SOMETHING to sort it out, because to come into a PvP match with no PvP gear, without a bolster, you just get wrecked - and while I'm not saying that PvE-ers should get, what, a 1500-point bolster, I think that sorting them out to the best of their ability until partisan or end-game PvP gear is assembled, would make for better PvP matches.

Just from my experience I have one piece of Partisan, the lightsaber, everything else is PvE gear, until 2.0 I actively refused to PvP, but I figured "Hell, why not, I'll give it a try" and had a ton of fun with it... just wondering as I type this - is there a bolster in ranked PvP? I also think people who have PvPed have one thing in the PvP section over PvE-ers... they have experience (which counts for more than expertise), they know how to attack someone, when to fight and when not to fight, and all the other little tricks that people who focus on PvE don't know.

Seireeni
05.02.2013 , 10:46 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by jasonthelamb View Post
I think the point is because in PvP, in max end-game gear you get somewhere around 60% bonus damage to someone with 0 expertise (or something like that), whereas if you're in PvE gear you have 0, and with no way to get PvP gear without previously PvPing, and having the comms, it's a little lame.
You got your recruit gear free, you know. It had expertise.

jasonthelamb
05.02.2013 , 12:29 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
You got your recruit gear free, you know. It had expertise.
Why would I run around in 55 PvP in 50 gear? should I just go buy the level 40 orange pvp gear on DK to have PvP gear?

KettleBelll
05.02.2013 , 12:43 PM | #68
I want a PvE bolster!

Seireeni
05.02.2013 , 01:37 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by jasonthelamb View Post
Why would I run around in 55 PvP in 50 gear? should I just go buy the level 40 orange pvp gear on DK to have PvP gear?
I took it that you talked about pre-2.0, since the bolster more or less just replaced the recruit gear. They could have easily decided to just make a new "recruit gear" they would give free to everyone instead of bolster. Justifying a solution by pointing out the problem isn't too effective when there are other alternative solutions.

Yeochins
05.02.2013 , 03:45 PM | #70
The amount of hypocrisy in this thread is outstanding.