Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do i understand dulfy's dye-FAQ-correct?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do i understand dulfy's dye-FAQ-correct?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bibobpipop
05.02.2013 , 11:55 AM | #1
We can only replace a dye with another one, but not take it out to put it into another piece?

JimG
05.02.2013 , 12:00 PM | #2
Yes...at least in the current form of the system. It's a "consumable" meaning a one-time use. Once you rip it out of a piece of gear, that's it for that module.

Blackavaar
05.02.2013 , 12:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by bibobpipop View Post
We can only replace a dye with another one, but not take it out to put it into another piece?
From the info we have so far, yes, that what it sounds like.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

bibobpipop
05.02.2013 , 12:16 PM | #4
Alright, thanks

DaRoamer
05.02.2013 , 12:19 PM | #5
At least it will give the artificers something to keep making money from. What is going to suck is rare colors and/or dyes that comes from the Cartel market. You'll have to think long and hard about replacing those, unless there aren't any really rare ones.

Darkdoe
05.02.2013 , 12:23 PM | #6
Pretty much standard procedure for dyes in all the mmo's I've played over the years.
Assume witty signature is here

EricMusco
05.02.2013 , 12:33 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I am only reiterating what others have said but I just wanted to confirm that yes, Dye Modules are consumable. Once they have been placed into a piece of gear, if they are removed or replaced by another Module they are destroyed.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Alec_Fortescue
05.02.2013 , 12:37 PM | #8
Players won't approve. It would be cool for crafted dyes but in case of those paid with real cash..
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

bibobpipop
05.02.2013 , 12:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Players won't approve. It would be cool for crafted dyes but in case of those paid with real cash..
Why, med-probes, wartone-unlocks etc are payed too and consumed, don't see the difference.

JimG
05.02.2013 , 12:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by bibobpipop View Post
Why, med-probes, wartone-unlocks etc are payed too and consumed, don't see the difference.
Exactly. People don't have to buy it if they don't want to use the color either.