Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

05.02.2013 , 05:01 AM | #1231
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercia View Post
So where is the announcment of it been a content update?

Was it ever actually confirmed and then backtracked on?

If you have no answer to these 2 then you have no argument your just speculating and you dont with arguments that way you win them with actual facts
Right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=txpfoYS36FQ

Go to 5:05 where it's stated: "It's basically the biggest NON EXPANSION PACK piece of content"

And here http://www.examiner.com/article/ea-a...to-subscribers

I knew that inane post would follow what I said so I had it ready for you.

Enjoy.

Arlbo_Nabbins
05.02.2013 , 05:02 AM | #1232
Quote: Originally Posted by Avatarless View Post
Makeb was only made an expansion when F2P was announced. Before then it was always planned to be a free update. But seems people have short memories, or weren't in the game when it started.
More semantics and misdirection. The planet Makeb was going to be included in a content update, that is the only thing that was said by BW. They never, ever implied that a level cap or anything else would be part of a content update (and free).

MajikMyst
05.02.2013 , 05:03 AM | #1233
Makeb was only made an expansion when F2P was announced. Before then it was always planned to be a free update. But seems people have short memories, or weren't in the game when it started.
And see that fact is largely irrelevant.. F2P was a game changer.. If you can't understand that then, again, that is your problem..

Other than knowing that Makeb was being worked on.. I never heard them specifically say it would be free.. Me personally.. I always assumed that something as big as a new planet would always be an expansion.. Sorry you didn't share that obviously correct assumption..

Feel free to show where they ever said that Makeb would be free.. I know that it was debated here on the forums.. But you can't believe everything you read on the forums...

Let's assume they did say it... Again... F2P was a game changer.. If you are not smart enough to understand that then I can't help you.. I have no problem paying $10 for the expansion.. I don't feel my privileges as a subscriber have been violated.. I feel that for what it was.. It was worth the $10 dollars.. I am really enjoying the seeker droid and the macrobinoculars.. It is a nice change of pace to just dig stuff up.. I have got some nice stuff from that..

If you want to sit here and cry about it then do as you wish.. Bioware has done nothing wrong.. I am just sad that people doesn't seem to understand how F2P impacted this game.. Everyone screamed for it.. Well.. Now they have to live with the consequences of getting it.. What is the old saying?? Be careful what you wish for?? You may not like what you get?? Well.. F2P changed everything.. People need to deal with that..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Mercia
05.02.2013 , 05:06 AM | #1234
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlbo_Nabbins View Post
More semantics and misdirection. The planet Makeb was going to be included in a content update, that is the only thing that was said by BW. They never, ever implied that a level cap or anything else would be part of a content update (and free).
^^

Also it is still not confirmed they didnt put it out as a content patch on the PTR or announce it as a patch

05.02.2013 , 05:07 AM | #1235
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
And see that fact is largely irrelevant.. F2P was a game changer.. If you can't understand that then, again, that is your problem..

Other than knowing that Makeb was being worked on.. I never heard them specifically say it would be free.. Me personally.. I always assumed that something as big as a new planet would always be an expansion.. Sorry you didn't share that obviously correct assumption..

Feel free to show where they ever said that Makeb would be free.. I know that it was debated here on the forums.. But you can't believe everything you read on the forums...

Let's assume they did say it... Again... F2P was a game changer.. If you are not smart enough to understand that then I can't help you.. I have no problem paying $10 for the expansion.. I don't feel my privileges as a subscriber have been violated.. I feel that for what it was.. It was worth the $10 dollars.. I am really enjoying the seeker droid and the macrobinoculars.. It is a nice change of pace to just dig stuff up.. I have got some nice stuff from that..

If you want to sit here and cry about it then do as you wish.. Bioware has done nothing wrong.. I am just sad that people doesn't seem to understand how F2P impacted this game.. Everyone screamed for it.. Well.. Now they have to live with the consequences of getting it.. What is the old saying?? Be careful what you wish for?? You may not like what you get?? Well.. F2P changed everything.. People need to deal with that..
Here it is again for you then:

Go to 5:05 where it's stated: "It's basically the biggest NON EXPANSION PACK piece of content"

MajikMyst
05.02.2013 , 05:09 AM | #1236

I knew that inane post would follow what I said so I had it ready for you.

Enjoy.
That is all well and good.. F2P changed that and made it all irrelevant.. Sorry.. You also notice that at least in the first video, he was specific in NOT calling Makeb an expansion.. Apparently that changed.. Which most certainly within their right to do..

Enjoy reality..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

MrLeee
05.02.2013 , 05:10 AM | #1237
Get over it, don't you have anything better to do with your life?

They went back on it... so what! I paid $10 just like everyone else. Sorry for those who paid $20.
$10 gave me many hours of content. Hell a month ago I bought the DLC for Dead Space 3 also $10 for 2 hours of gameplay. Most DLC's are 4-5 hours! i have spent 4x that amount with Makeb, Macrobinocs and Seeker Droids to just name a few things.

Compared to other MMO's SWTOR hasn't done that bad with MT's and paying for expansions. Some F2P games really nickle n dime ya to death!

If you don't like it, don't buy it!
If you don't like Star Wars The Old Republic then don't play it!
It's that f'n simple.

Stop being a drama queen.
Prefers blasters over hokey religions and ancient weapons.

05.02.2013 , 05:12 AM | #1238
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
That is all well and good.. F2P changed that and made it all irrelevant.. Sorry.. You also notice that at least in the first video, he was specific in NOT calling Makeb an expansion.. Apparently that changed.. Which most certainly within their right to do..

Enjoy reality..
In reality if someone is kicking you do you just lie there and let them keep on kicking you? Perhaps, but I choose to fight back and try to stop them from kicking me.

Mercia
05.02.2013 , 05:14 AM | #1239
By paying them $15 a month to just whine and they just lol and say thanks for the same amount of money this other joe gives but loves our product

Well done that really worked out for you

Stoofa
05.02.2013 , 05:16 AM | #1240
In reality if someone is kicking you do you just lie there and let them keep on kicking you? Perhaps, but I choose to fight back and try to stop them from kicking me.
No. They aren't "kicking you". They "kicked you". A single instance. If Makeb increased your subscription cost each month then there is a continuous "kicking".
So now you've had "a kick" you've got a decision to make. Walk way and never come back. Or continue to remain in the position where you can get kicked again, ie when the next expansion pack comes out.
"Fighting back" is simply not an option. You either continue to play, in which case there is every chance you'll get another kick again or you can walk way and never be kicked again.
You have choices.