Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

05.02.2013 , 03:57 AM | #1221
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Makeb was an expansion.. Just like Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria..

All of which every single sub in WOW has to pay for to play.. Do you have an issue with subscribers paying for expansions?? I mean it isn't a new concept.. What is it about paying for expansions do you not understand??

Subs paid $10 for the SWTOR expansion.. I paid much more for the WOW expansions..

And if you are going to roll your eyes at someone.. At least have the common sense to make sure you are correct in your statement or views.. Because in this case.. It is pretty common for subscribers to be charged for expansions.. Like Makeb..
Need to look at your own posts. I was just quoting what you said and said exactly this:

And yes, subscribers have free access to all content and all new content..

Subs don't have FREE access to ALL new content, such as expansions. Your statement is false

Mercia
05.02.2013 , 04:19 AM | #1222
Key thing here is that an Expansion while in essence is a game update its called and sold as an expansion not game update

A game update is basically anything new they add at the max level so your looking at the denova patch the section x patch and the upcomming 2.1 update

While they are giving subs free cartel coins we cant say diddly squat about not getting something out of the cartel market for free, yes you may have to save up a couple months for some things but if you want something NOW!!!! then your gonna have to dig into your pocket which is YOUR choice

Im on the fence about paying for an expansion in a F2P game but i would buy a hutt cartel mini expansion for that price when ever one drops as compared to none f2p games it was a quality product and worth the money it cost me

As for my sub i want to raid bleeding edge content with my guild and get all the gear that i work hard for hell yes its worth my bucks, if your a loner or scrub who wants to raid crappy story modes and never progress into anything challanging shut up whining buy your unlocks and go prefered then we dont have to listen to that horse crap comming out of that hole of yours

MajikMyst
05.02.2013 , 04:25 AM | #1223
Quote: Originally Posted by Avatarless View Post
Need to look at your own posts. I was just quoting what you said and said exactly this:

And yes, subscribers have free access to all content and all new content..

Subs don't have FREE access to ALL new content, such as expansions. Your statement is false
Wrong.. Expansions are different.. That is your error.. My statement is 100% correct.. There is a reason the word expansions is not there.. You adding it to suit your own needs and views is your own mistake not mine..

Did we pay for TFB when it was added?? What about Section X?? That is content.. Makeb was an expansion.. That is different.. You are just grasping at straws..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

05.02.2013 , 04:39 AM | #1224
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Wrong.. Expansions are different.. That is your error.. My statement is 100% correct.. There is a reason the word expansions is not there.. You adding it to suit your own needs and views is your own mistake not mine..

Did we pay for TFB when it was added?? What about Section X?? That is content.. Makeb was an expansion.. That is different.. You are just grasping at straws..
So your saying expansions aren't content.. which makes no sense. So who is grabbing straws now?

Mercia
05.02.2013 , 04:43 AM | #1225
It also says access in which that access is removed if you unsub ie bgs/ops/some daily areas action bars amount of toons you can play etc etc

MajikMyst
05.02.2013 , 04:46 AM | #1226
So your saying expansions aren't content.. which makes no sense. So who is grabbing straws now?
I never said they weren't content.. You are just being obtuse and playing semantics.. You know darn well that expansions are looked at a little differently and subscribers are typical charged for them.. Pretty much every MMO in existence charges for expansions.. From WOW to Rift to GW2 to SWTOR..

You are just arguing to argue.. Let me know when you actually have a valid point to make..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

PanikSpreder
05.02.2013 , 04:47 AM | #1227
Thats funny, I dont remember a single expansion (in any game genre) that is free. Content (thats your key word) update, yes. Expansions no. Now, go lurk under a bridge or something

05.02.2013 , 04:49 AM | #1228
Quote: Originally Posted by PanikSpreder View Post
Thats funny, I dont remember a single expansion (in any game genre) that is free. Content (thats your key word) update, yes. Expansions no. Now, go lurk under a bridge or something
Makeb was only made an expansion when F2P was announced. Before then it was always planned to be a free update. But seems people have short memories, or weren't in the game when it started.

Mercia
05.02.2013 , 04:54 AM | #1229
Makeb was only made an expansion when F2P was announced. Before then it was always planned to be a free update. But seems people have short memories, or weren't in the game when it started.
So where is the announcment of it been a content update?

Was it ever actually confirmed and then backtracked on?

If you have no answer to these 2 then you have no argument your just speculating and you dont win arguments that way you win them with actual facts

DarthWoad
05.02.2013 , 04:56 AM | #1230
It wasnt an expansion..more of a content update.. it wasn't worth my money. But I guess thats just my opinion.