Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GuruVII
11.06.2012 , 04:34 PM | #1211
Considering it is being tested on the Public test server?
I doubt it they are having second thoughts.

OdenLocke
11.19.2012 , 02:15 AM | #1212
I have an idea that could help wit some of the server issues along with a few other issues that have arose due to the free to play option being instated.

1. I think that there should be a specific server/ servers for free to play player.
2. There should be an option for the paying players to join these servers. If they so choose.
3. The fact that some free to play players actually want to play the game and not mess around and antagonize
the paying players they should be given more cartel coins for being players.
4. I have been playing a while and when I hop onto my home server and find people RPing things they really shouldn't over general chat. It kinda makes me want to stop playing a bit. So my suggestion is have more mods in game.
5. Give the Paying players something, yes we got cartel coins but to be honest there are many different things that could be added for us. We have been playing for a while and have achieved a lot in game. We have fought for the right of each side. Jedi, Sith, Light or dark side. We have been playing and we deserve to have a little something more so to speak. Im not saying we need more, but I have suggested a lot of things that would be cool to see happen.
I did mean to turn this into a rant but at the same time it kinda needs to be. I know that some people agree with me and others don't I have no issues with that. Its all opinion, but when friends of mine are being booted from the server so people like me can play I really find that it is an issue. People want to play and I don't have any issues with that. I just think that everyone should get a fair chance.
Pain is life, and life is pain. May the true Sith prevail.

danielearley
05.02.2013 , 03:13 AM | #1213
Starting this Fall, there will be two ways to enjoy the game. First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge.
Quote by Jeff Hickman

Why is this no longer the case? Has there been a change in direction?

I would really like Jeff to answer this question as he obviously lied or there is some misunderstanding within the Development team on their remit with the Cartel Market
Reading the Forum, just shows how stupid some people are. Which probably includes me for getting involved

saremun
05.02.2013 , 03:16 AM | #1214
Quote: Originally Posted by danielearley View Post
Starting this Fall, there will be two ways to enjoy the game. First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge.
Quote by Jeff Hickman

I would really like Jeff to answer this question as he obviously lied or there is some misunderstanding within the Development team on their remit with the Cartel Market
well they said MANY things before and didnt happen so dont really believe what they say lol, in another word Did you really believe that?

MajikMyst
05.02.2013 , 03:19 AM | #1215
Quote by Jeff Hickman

Dude?? You bumped a thread that hasn't been posted to in over 5 months to ask about something that is being discussed in multiple threads??

And yes, subscribers have free access to all content and all new content..

You think next time you can just use a current thread instead of needlessly bumping an old one??
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Alec_Fortescue
05.02.2013 , 03:20 AM | #1216
Quote by Jeff Hickman

Great find. Enjoy game updates and features and no additional charge? Haha... What's up with the Kiosk, then? Major feature of 2.1? And dyes, too.
Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

MajikMyst
05.02.2013 , 03:23 AM | #1217
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Great find. Enjoy game updates and features and no additional charge? Haha... What's up with the Kiosk, then? Major feature of 2.1? And dyes, too.
So by your logic everything in the game should just be free.. No need for subscribers to even have credits or a monthly grant of complementary coins.. Really?? No need for an in game economy??

Get a grip people..

Glorthox
05.02.2013 , 03:33 AM | #1218
Eh EA controls everything now. They just want to kill the game and move on to something else. If they really cared they would have brought out an expansion that meant something and didn't nerf the crap out of tanks.

05.02.2013 , 03:40 AM | #1219
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post

And yes, subscribers have free access to all content and all new content..
Except Makeb.

MajikMyst
05.02.2013 , 03:44 AM | #1220
Quote: Originally Posted by Avatarless View Post
Except Makeb.
Makeb was an expansion.. Just like Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria..

All of which every single sub in WOW has to pay for to play.. Do you have an issue with subscribers paying for expansions?? I mean it isn't a new concept.. What is it about paying for expansions do you not understand??

Subs paid $10 for the SWTOR expansion.. I paid much more for the WOW expansions..

And if you are going to roll your eyes at someone.. At least have the common sense to make sure you are correct in your statement or views.. Because in this case.. It is pretty common for subscribers to be charged for expansions.. Like Makeb..