Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs: The way you completely wipe itemprogression, what would make me want to raid??!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Devs: The way you completely wipe itemprogression, what would make me want to raid??!

05.01.2013 , 09:52 PM | #1
im not gonna make a long ranting post, im just gonna fill in
what you Devs did wrong this time, so you can fix it for the next time:

*you completely nullified all itemprogression making hardcore raiders feel utterly worthless,
you basically made all their hard work pay out nothing
*what you should have done: you need at least one or two items that players will keep with them always while raiding that they have gotten from earlier tiers. this way they will feel that they are still powerful even tho you basically wipe their armor every expansion. in everquest2 there was the manastone,some other single-click items you could use to get small boosts in the raid from earlier zones. i realize this might be a bad example becuase the stone didnt really come from a raid. but ohwell, anyways the idea is to have something that you keep even tho its a lot lowlevel . but still hard to get even when youre like level 65 whatever. you see my point? could be something you unlock by raiding a lot too, like a skill or something. perhaps a raid-skill system

anyways, im not gonna spam 100s ideas because you might not read this anyway(devs)... so anyways, let me again express my deepest disappointment with the way you handled things and next time
please think on what you are doing before you are doing anything. dont just go with the general players, meaning the casuals. i know the casuals are like 90% of the players but we other 10% wants to feel like home too.

05.01.2013 , 10:35 PM | #2
welcome to mmos where expansions bring new levels and new content with shockingly enough new tiers of items

05.01.2013 , 10:36 PM | #3

Before 2.0 dropped, Best in Slot could be crafted and/or purchased on the GTN. What was the motivation to raid then?

I've been raiding MORE since 2.0 dropped so I can gear up my toons.

I don't follow your logic at all.

Edit: Perhaps you're referring to needing to grind a new tier of gear?

a) Optimized Dread Guard is a great headstart and will let you run operations immediately.
b) How is this any different from when Campaign/Black Hole was released? Or when Dread Guard/Hazmat was released?

05.02.2013 , 12:01 AM | #4
Clearly this is your first MMO, gear resets happen every expansion, if you don't like it, suggest you quit playing and move on to something else.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown