Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode "manners"

Atramar
05.01.2013 , 05:21 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Yea you got a good system there. I kind of take it a step further though.

As a healer, I do the same thing you do. I let the DPS die if they think they are the tank.

As a tank, if the DPS pulls before me, I let them tank it and resume going at a fast pace. Basically I force the healer to spend their resources on me or the pulling DPS. If I die, I just leave and make them wait 2 hours for a new tank.

Honestly the true source of most group problem stems from DPS. I got 5 level 50's and 8 55's. In all my time doing FP's, I met maybe 8 DPS that actually used their interrupt skill.
For me, that tank thing you do is to much, as it punishes healer and other dps that could not do anything wrong.
On healer you can choose who will die (my friend actually made dps apologise to her when she refused to heal him after he complained on her clicking 'confirm' to slow lol) without punishing other 2 members of team, and that thing I do on tank actually works. DPS epeen is being fed (that part when I complement them for their dps) , I'm sure I have their attention on party chat (they say thanks), and lesson learnt (when I mention he would be superb if he kept killing order). It's a win-win (sometimes removing guard works)
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Anysao
05.01.2013 , 06:33 AM | #272
Old thread, I know, but I think I'll add in this:

WHAT?! You dare try and have FUN in a GAME?! What is this madness...

In all seriousness, they have no reason to be mad at you. People learn from experience. And wouldn't kicking you more hinder them, rather than help them?

In short, I agree. People should be more polite in group work.

PS- Was it Directive 7 hard mode flashpoint?
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

Astarica
05.01.2013 , 11:23 AM | #273
For DPS I always have the philsophy of 'don't break CC on anything you can't tank and kill'. If I broke CC on a strong mob while I"m on a DPS I am prepared to used my CD to kill and tank it solo, and even as hard as the strong mobs hit for this is still quite easy. And since I can't reliably solo an elite mob in FP while tanking it, I don't attack elite mobs first. In fact when you have say a 5 dog pack, it's probably easier on the healer if the tank tanks 3 while the 2 DPS each tank one, since all 5 dogs on the same guy can be way too much DPS to handle. Of course you really should just CC 2 but if you have to tank 5, splitting them 3/1/1 is often safer than having the tank get all 5. If a DPS is doing damage to the wrong target, by definition he should have aggro anyway, and if he can kill that mob solo (and he should be able to) at least there's no immediate harm. The real harm is the DPS who breaks CC (usually via AE) but don't actually DPS the wrong targets, leaving the tank stuck with the concentrated DPS of all the mobs.

Hikaru_Kuma
05.01.2013 , 04:59 PM | #274
My 2 cents. When I was a fresh lvl 50 dps doing hm fp. I always say "Hi, this is my 1st time here, I really appreciate any advice" And everyone was very helpful and explained the fight to me . Saying "sorry" after a bad pull or accidenly break CC is the proper manner. Sometimes we wiped and gave up the fp but people wasn't mad at each other. Just start with "hello, howdy etc" at the start of the fp can improve the communication part later. On my 2nd toon as a tank, I have exp from playing the dps so thing went pretty smooth. if some1 haven't gotten to lvl 55 in the group. I will ask full run or quick run before we start. And ask "everyone know the fight?" or give a quick explanation before every boss fight. Got a lot of friend thx to chatting while doing fp ( even in terribad fp run )