Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unbalanced amount of strength/willpower gear?

ThatGnome
05.01.2013 , 07:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
You might be onto something, this is what I found out last night on my scoundrel healer with 3 JK, with every drop being Cunning based.
Something similar happened for my Jedi Sage with three troopers. All will items.

I don't know if it's a correct assumption that each Stat has a 25% chance of coming out if one person using that stat is in the flashpoint/Operation. If it is, then statistically about one person in a hundred will have a run of sixteen drops without seeing one of theirs. About one person in a thousand will have a run of twenty-four drops without seeing their desired stat item drop. Simply put, some people are going to be statistical outliers in a system depending on chance. I imagine it would be possible to implement one where a group could select a reward from a set of options, though how that would work in terms of player expectations is harder to say.

MichelvanMeerten
05.01.2013 , 08:46 AM | #12
blah blah blah blah.
love how people always complain about RNG.

person 1 "On no! no tank gear drops"
person 2 " oh no, always tanking gear and I need dps caster gear"
person 3 "we get caster always and never melee drops"
person 4" i got all my sentinal gear in 2 runs"

If a piece has 10% droprate it doesnt mean you need to kill it 10 times to get it. It has 10% everytime you kill it. You could kill it 100 times and still not getting it.

A coin has 2 sides. 50% chance of getting head and 50% of getting tails. You flip it 100 times. You get 75 times head and 25 time tail. The chance of getting head or tails is STILL 50%.

)repost(

RandomXChance
05.01.2013 , 11:26 AM | #13
The RNG is working, just is frustrating sometimes.

Out of 20 55FP runs on my merc I have gotten one piece of gear. Sorc in my guild was complaining that aim gear is all he sees. Cleared HM S&V last night and with one sniper in group, Every Verpine piece that dropped was cunning. Just happens.

RiChess
05.01.2013 , 02:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelvanMeerten View Post
blah blah blah blah.
love how people always complain about RNG.

person 1 "On no! no tank gear drops"
person 2 " oh no, always tanking gear and I need dps caster gear"
person 3 "we get caster always and never melee drops"
person 4" i got all my sentinal gear in 2 runs"

If a piece has 10% droprate it doesnt mean you need to kill it 10 times to get it. It has 10% everytime you kill it. You could kill it 100 times and still not getting it.

A coin has 2 sides. 50% chance of getting head and 50% of getting tails. You flip it 100 times. You get 75 times head and 25 time tail. The chance of getting head or tails is STILL 50%.

)repost(
That sounds nice, but I can pretty confidently say I've reached near mathematical impossibility even for "RNG". I understand that in a large sample set this is bound to happen. But it still sucks and BW could tweak their group composition calculation to give fairer drops.
55- Sniper 55- Mara 55- Sage
55- Merc 55- Juggy
55- Sin 55- PT
55- Op 55- Sorc