Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR pvp Framerate problems.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
SWTOR pvp Framerate problems.

hybridxtheory
04.30.2013 , 10:56 PM | #1
hi everyone, i would very much Appreciate any help on this issue, or would be Relieved to know if i'm not the only one having these problems

During PVP games i have a Significant Drop in Framerate.. as soon as i Enter the PVP match right before the match starts i have around 60-100 FPS depending on what Warzone i am in... but as soon as the Game starts and i begin fighting my framerates drop to an unacceptable 15-20 FPS...... i'd even be happy with a Solid 30 FPS...

System Specs.
Processor: AMD phenom X3 720 II (Overclocked to 3.00 GHZ)
6 Gigabytes of Ram
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 XFX series 2.00 Gb memory. (This graphics card is Brand new and should have no problem Running a GAme with Mediocre Graphics like SWTOR... even on GW2 i get 100 ++ FPS in PVP and anywhere else in the world..)

While i understand a lot of people have had this issues in the Past, im not sure if they Initiated a Fix on the problem recently because all the Threads i have found are over a Year old.. i only started playing SWTOR 2 months ago. so i'm just wondering if i am the only one having this problem... i understand my Processor is a little old but my Graphics card should be able to Pick up the Slack especially on a game like SWTOR that is in no way blowin my skirt up with how good the graphics are....

Anywhere else in the World of SWTOR i get 60-100 FPS.. even on the Fleet i get 30-50 FPS..

nkitch
04.30.2013 , 11:51 PM | #2
Your not alone it's the game engine when groups of players are in an area the engine can't cope and its been that way since launch which is why open world pvp has failed in swtor.

Sadly the reason most of the posts on this issue you've found are over a year old is because BW are ignoring the issue and most players have given up asking.
The Bladehunter Legacy
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

cashogy_reborn
04.30.2013 , 11:56 PM | #3
this game is horribly optimized. i pull 80-110 FPS in all situations other than on the fleet and in WZ combat. in those situations it ranges from 30-70 FPS.

reducing the graphics settings does not provide much relief from this problem either. the difference between "very high" and "very low" is ~10-15% FPS in pvp.

unfortunately it does not seem to be high on bioware's or EA's priority list. unless they want to add it to the cartel market....... '1800 Cartel Coins for engine optimization changes!'
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

nkitch
05.01.2013 , 12:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
this game is horribly optimized. i pull 80-110 FPS in all situations other than on the fleet and in WZ combat. in those situations it ranges from 30-70 FPS.

reducing the graphics settings does not provide much relief from this problem either. the difference between "very high" and "very low" is ~10-15% FPS in pvp.

unfortunately it does not seem to be high on bioware's or EA's priority list. unless they want to add it to the cartel market....... '1800 Cartel Coins for engine optimization changes!'
LOL cartel market I like it, while I don't have a high end rig and don't expect top end performance I too see next no difference between very low & very high settings,

In warzones/fleet I pull 19-30 fps at best with spikes and dips above and below that with average of 60+ anywhere else, I have tried many tweaks to windows and the games settings including the .ini file all with no luck.
The Bladehunter Legacy
Tomb of Freedon Nadd