Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ridiculous healing for level 55 flashpoints

Askesis
04.30.2013 , 09:45 PM | #41
Why do people think it's bad for things to be a little challenging? Where's the sense of accomplishment if there's no chance of failure?

It's not that bad. Sure, it's harder than it was at 50, but that's a good thing. In level 50 flashpoints, I would hardly need to heal at all, and would be DPSing about 80% of the time. Healing them in DPS spec? No problem. No tank? No problem. 3-manning the FP? No problem. These FPs were extremely boring.

Sure, a couple bosses require cleansing. As long as you know you have to cleanse, it's easy. The Athiss boss, for example, is painfully boring, The droid laser beam is more dangerous, but still not difficult. Cleanse at 5 stacks, then cleanse again after the cast. Gil is easy (even without exploiting him) if people know his mechanics and what to do against them. Frog boss is annoying, but not too difficult (although I did think he was on my first run).

The only boss that is overly challenging is the Cademimu bonus boss, if you aren't exploiting him. And even then, I've only attempted him in one run without the exploit

Olostur
04.30.2013 , 10:37 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by CrownofGold View Post
Video on youtube or it didn't happen.
What a useless reaction. Carry on like that and you will never imagine what good group can do. Alternatively, do one of the following things:

1) Explain what parts are giving you the most trouble, so those of us who do them with ease can give advice.

2) Ask the poster what classes they bring, what their experience is, how they do certain pulls that are difficult, and other things that might explain why they have an easy time and you do not.

Or you can continue your hysterical caterwauling and continue to struggle while other, more practically minded people do not have trouble.

Finally, I did all of them in nothing but level 50 gear as a sentinel. I DPS'd them all on a sage that wasn't all that well geared even for level 50. I have tanked most of them on a shadow who still has rakata gear. I also don't care in the slightest whether you believe me, because if you don't that does not change the fact that I have done them.

Struggle and cry, or ask and improve. The choice is yours, but continue with the former and it will not be the content that is the problem.
~ Darth Decimal ~

Justcae
04.30.2013 , 10:37 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Askesis View Post
The only boss that is overly challenging is the Cademimu bonus boss, if you aren't exploiting him. And even then, I've only attempted him in one run without the exploit
What is so hard about this boss? Running out of a circle every 30s? People are honestly having a problem with this?

If they dumbed these flashpoints down any more there would be no point in playing this game at all.

Riivan
04.30.2013 , 10:48 PM | #44
I healed on my fresh 55 sage which I've only healed one sub level 30 flashpoint before that so....yeah.

Askesis
04.30.2013 , 11:05 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Justcae View Post
What is so hard about this boss? Running out of a circle every 30s? People are honestly having a problem with this?

If they dumbed these flashpoints down any more there would be no point in playing this game at all.
The mechanic seems simple, but there was just tons of damage coming out. It's possible people weren't running out of the circle quickly enough, but I didn't notice people continuing to stand in it, and I don't believe they were undergeared.

We wiped twice, and then easily killed him when standing behind the crate. Two pulls certainly isn't a large sample size, but fighting that boss legit is the only thing that I have perceived to be difficult.

Marb
04.30.2013 , 11:46 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
snip
Where have you been baby.

I suppose I mean tactics as decision making in the heat of the moment, and strategy as a plan with a stronger element of preparation and anticipation. I think these words in the context I was using them is a D&D thing.

Even though we may not find these new FP's difficult, they are supposed to be an entry level point for players new to the end game, and for those players I think the trash is unforgiving, most of the bonus bosses and all of the lolbosses are fine.

I think the problem could be that all of the trash is identical to the lower level version, they have just been beefed up to 55, creating some trash packs that are more difficult then they should be. Sort of like nightmare Jarg and Sorno back in the day.
Harbinger

deludedmusing
04.30.2013 , 11:47 PM | #47
Wrong reply/post, my bad.
Nebir0s - Sith Sorceror.
Obesiros - Sith Sorceror.
Rev'ival - Vanguard.
Harbinger Server.

Olostur
05.01.2013 , 12:07 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Askesis View Post
The mechanic seems simple, but there was just tons of damage coming out. It's possible people weren't running out of the circle quickly enough, but I didn't notice people continuing to stand in it, and I don't believe they were undergeared.

We wiped twice, and then easily killed him when standing behind the crate. Two pulls certainly isn't a large sample size, but fighting that boss legit is the only thing that I have perceived to be difficult.
To groups who have trouble doing it the 'legit' way, I encourage you to try it as intended:

With Force Speed you can get out of the circle before taking a single tick. I did it on a 58/61 geared sage. With Transcendence you can get out with only one tick, which is more than manageable. Hunker down also works here. Scamper works well. A guardian could Guardian Leap to a gunslinger. I'm not sure if the circle is force or melee damage, but either Resilience or Dodge will work. There are a myriad of ways to minimize the damage. The timing between pulls is very consistent, so you can pop a defensive cooldown or throw out bubbles preemptively. After it's over, ball up for a group heal. This is all basic stuff if a group plans to do further content, especially operations. Learn it here in a fight that is otherwise very simple.

I was astonished to see people complaining about this boss. Yes, if you don't notice the circle or get hit by too many ticks the fight will be a problem, but that's the whole point. I don't like the idea of exploiting this fight because it's a very common mechanic, and many fights that are much more difficult have something similar. If a group can't do it here, they'll have trouble elsewhere too.
~ Darth Decimal ~

eventidephoenix
05.01.2013 , 12:13 AM | #49
the only FP I have gripes with is Mando Raiders. If you go in with a clueless tank, as a healer you're literally screwed.

and NO, boss fights are not the problem... its pulling mobs badly...

But then again always remember, you cannot heal stupidity

DarthFamine
05.01.2013 , 02:50 AM | #50
that dot in hammer station does tick a little fast, cleanse it at 5 stacks on your tank, by the time it gets back to 5 your cleanse is almost off cooldown.

would be nice if it ticked up the stacks a but slower. Been a couple of times where I had to get another group member to cleanse the second stack because it came too fast.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com