Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ridiculous healing for level 55 flashpoints

dipstik
04.30.2013 , 03:15 PM | #31
finally, a thread where i can complain about the damage output of those blasted hounds. when u get 5 hounds on one target, somsones gunna die.

SuperGrunt
04.30.2013 , 03:32 PM | #32
The new lvl 55 HM FPs are much better to be quite honest. I have played every kind of healer in the game, and have a Merc and Sorc healer as my mains on 2 different servers. I really don't run into too many problems very often, the hardest HM FP boss would probably be the Hammer Station Frog. The only times I am in a group that wipes is normally there and that can be due to a poorly geared tank, of course someone messing up mechanics can cause a wipe anywhere, it's just more rare anywhere else.
Healing, damage, tanking, it doesn't matter. I do it all. I have been doing it while winning in PVP since Beta.

Khevar
04.30.2013 , 06:19 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
manage resources? Was it a smuggler? If so there is no managment any longer. ...
Commando healers. The first guy was running out of ammo, the second guy wasn't.

Nursejenna
04.30.2013 , 06:40 PM | #34
Honestly - stop complaining
And no this isn't an "oh look at me I can heal it" post....this is a stop friggin complaining post.

None of the FP's are difficult to heal under-geared/well-geared/over-geared..whatever...does your gear help? of course...but your skill and common sense are more helpful to you.

So I'm sorry - but either you are lacking in some way, your tank is lacking in some way, your dps are smashing face into a wall somewhere and not killing things in a timely manner or some combination of the three.

How do we know this? Because an entire group of under-geared individuals can go into any of those FPs and down it no problem...why? because they use their damn heads!.
~*Nursejen*~
Readers are plentiful; thinkers are rare.

Marb
04.30.2013 , 06:43 PM | #35
I think the expected pre-requisite knowledge of some of the quirks in these flashpoints is unreasonable for pick up groups. Some of the hound packs don't spawn until the pull is triggered, which is is not very good at telegraphing danger to new groups. Trash should require tactics not strategy.

Tanks should use a cooldown when tanking large packs, or they will die. Large packs of strongs tend to be the problematic ones, but can be overcome with cooldowns if the group is ready for them. Groups of strong droids in hammer station will obliterate a tank when they all do their channeled attack, but it is nullified by deflection and saber reflect.

If a tank is not using cooldowns at the right time, a healer cannot carry them like in 50fp's. I think this is reasonable for boss encounters with specific mechanics, but not for group finder flashpoint trash.
Zerkhan - Harbinger

CrownofGold
04.30.2013 , 06:51 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Nursejenna View Post
Honestly - stop complaining
And no this isn't an "oh look at me I can heal it" post....this is a stop friggin complaining post.

None of the FP's are difficult to heal under-geared/well-geared/over-geared..whatever...does your gear help? of course...but your skill and common sense are more helpful to you.

So I'm sorry - but either you are lacking in some way, your tank is lacking in some way, your dps are smashing face into a wall somewhere and not killing things in a timely manner or some combination of the three.

How do we know this? Because an entire group of under-geared individuals can go into any of those FPs and down it no problem...why? because they use their damn heads!.
Video on youtube or it didn't happen.
"I am Revan reborn and before me you are nothing!"

CrownofGold
04.30.2013 , 06:56 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by RattyRattail View Post
It's not harder. People are just not geared up to the point where they can just face-roll these flashpoints like the old level 50 ones. Now, however, when I get a team where most of them have 69/72 level modifications healing is not an issue.
Exactly my point.

CrownofGold
04.30.2013 , 06:58 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Soxbadger View Post
What class are you?

Im a sorc healer and could maybe give you a few tips on each boss.

Hammer Station is really just cleansing at 5 stacks and healing through. Most people actually find the bonus frog boss more difficult.

Athiss for the final boss your group just needs to 1) avoid fire and 2) not stand in purple circles. The boss also has a big dot that (without looking) I feel hits for something like 10-15k. You can cleanse it, but I generally just heal through it. Important to keep players topped off so that this dot doesnt kill them.
Which server? I am a sorc in Ebon Hawk.

Aurojiin
04.30.2013 , 07:43 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Marb View Post
Trash should require tactics not strategy.
tacˇtics (Noun)
An action or strategy carefully planned to achieve a specific end.

stratˇeˇgy (Noun)
A plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim.

You're just trying to mess with me, aren't you? That beings said, I don't think your example places unreasonable requirements on pugs. It's basically recognising some new adds appeared, choosing aoe attack abilities to establish aggro, and popping a cooldown. Not exactly monumental levels of difficulty.

Quote:
If a tank is not using cooldowns at the right time, a healer cannot carry them like in 50fp's. I think this is reasonable for boss encounters with specific mechanics, but not for group finder flashpoint trash.
True, but in 50 HM FPs any member of the group could basically carry.

As it stands, once you get geared up things become significantly easier. In my experience tank cooldowns are already largely unnecessary in a 69/72 mix.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

deludedmusing
04.30.2013 , 08:39 PM | #40
They were extremely hard to begin with. I actually had to learn to manage my resources properly and I'm actually still kinda poor at it, even though I can successfully heal all the fights. Trash fights can be a bit of pain, especially if they start hitting me.

Only fight that really pressed me enough to look for advice on what I was doing wrong was Asteroid Beast. I felt kinda silly after I got that advice.
Nebir0s - Sith Sorceror.
Obesiros - Sith Sorceror.
Rev'ival - Vanguard.
Harbinger Server.