Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin PVP Tanking questions (gearing)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Assassin PVP Tanking questions (gearing)

alkhattabi
04.28.2013 , 05:18 AM | #1
hello, am kinda confused on how to gear my Assassin tank for pvp :

1- stats should i go for absorption > defense ( i didn't include exp because am gonna use full PVP mods crystal enhancements and shield should be fine with enhancements )

2- which types of mods/enhancements i wanna use ? am guessing B mods (high end mods) because you trade 10 stats for 18 endurance and high stats enhancements (Immunity Enhancement 28X/Sturdiness Enhancement 28X) because you trade 15 endurance for 16 stats, is that correct ?

3- which relic should i use ? this part here i have no idea about

Thank you

alkhattabi
04.30.2013 , 08:24 AM | #2
any one ?

Scarg
04.30.2013 , 02:31 PM | #3
Would like this info to. Also do I use shield gen off hand whilst pvping? Is Dark Ward worth using in pvp to? Thanks in advance.

jgoldsack
04.30.2013 , 04:01 PM | #4
I am by no means the best PvP Assassin tank, but here is how I roll on mine

Quote: Originally Posted by alkhattabi View Post
1- stats should i go for absorption > defense ( i didn't include exp because am gonna use full PVP mods crystal enhancements and shield should be fine with enhancements )
I augment Fortitude/power, and mod-rip my gear to get rid of as much +def as possible and replace them with shield/absorb. Right now I am sitting at 40343 HP and 35% shield/absorb (give or take a bit). Still trying to get those other 2 up. I am also NOT in full pvp gear yet, still have 4 PvE items.

2- which types of mods/enhancements i wanna use ? am guessing B mods (high end mods) because you trade 10 stats for 18 endurance and high stats enhancements (Immunity Enhancement 28X/Sturdiness Enhancement 28X) because you trade 15 endurance for 16 stats, is that correct ?
See above. It depends on what you want to min/max to. A pure endurance build is not as good as it used to be, but having 40k+ HP is still not bad either, but you want to have the shield/absorb to go along with that HP, so then you can soak up a lot more damage.

3- which relic should i use ? this part here i have no idea about
I use 1 Conqueror and 1 Partisan... forget the exact name, but they are the ones that give the +absorb on shield. Because I used 1 of each, they stack .. if you used both partisan or both Conqueror, you would only get the benefit of 1.

Quote: Originally Posted by Scarg View Post
Would like this info to. Also do I use shield gen off hand whilst pvping? Is Dark Ward worth using in pvp to? Thanks in advance.
Dark Ward is awesome. I use it pretty much all the time. The absorb is soooo helpful when you are getting beat on by 5-6 people,
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.