Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 06: Kit Fisto vs. Agen Kolar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 06: Kit Fisto vs. Agen Kolar

tunewalker
04.30.2013 , 09:44 AM | #21
Honostly I think the main issue is the lack of info on Agen it would be the same problem in round 2 if he were to defeat Kit.... So just for a potentially more interesting round 2 I have to say Kit. But beyond that I do think that Kit might have an issue I would put them both on par skill wise with a lightsaber but I think the idea that Agen is an ataru user is probably spot on as it was the most commonly used form at the time, and in a saber duel it would have a serious advantage over kit's shii-cho form. Other than that its hard to judge the 2 combatants since so little is known about agen.

Aurbere
04.30.2013 , 10:17 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Honostly I think the main issue is the lack of info on Agen it would be the same problem in round 2 if he were to defeat Kit.... So just for a potentially more interesting round 2 I have to say Kit. But beyond that I do think that Kit might have an issue I would put them both on par skill wise with a lightsaber but I think the idea that Agen is an ataru user is probably spot on as it was the most commonly used form at the time, and in a saber duel it would have a serious advantage over kit's shii-cho form. Other than that its hard to judge the 2 combatants since so little is known about agen.
While you are correct that there is little on Kolar, I feel that there is enough to make a well-reasoned debate for his side.

We'll see. I didn't expect this one to be as long as the others (most likely due to the lack of info on Kolar), but we shall see what happens. Maybe some will come to Kolar's defense. Then we can have ourselves a true battle.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

tunewalker
04.30.2013 , 12:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
While you are correct that there is little on Kolar, I feel that there is enough to make a well-reasoned debate for his side.

We'll see. I didn't expect this one to be as long as the others (most likely due to the lack of info on Kolar), but we shall see what happens. Maybe some will come to Kolar's defense. Then we can have ourselves a true battle.
Actually upon further review of Kolar I dont believe he was an Ataru master. He seemed to use some telekentics in his combat employing it with out warning and while this would normally suggest Niman we know niman users didnt survive geonosis if they were on it. So the most likely form to do this besides Niman would be Shii-cho. This however is not enough to conclude that it is Shii-cho the most valuable evidence comes in his ability to disarm his opponents. Kolar was sent for Vos because he was most likely to take the guy alive even if he were to beat him. And in many more fights with people it was likely that he wouldnt kill and sometimes he could even disarm his opponent with out injuring them at all. A users form normally reflects the user and while he was aggressive he seemed to dislike killing his opponent and would avoid doing so where ever possible. These are much more the tenets of a shii-cho user more so than any other form of saber combat.

Thus I would give the saber advantage to no one as they both seemingly used the same style and would have a similar skill lvl with said form. Instead we have to look at the likeliness and effectiveness of the use of force powers and other martial skill in combat along with physical capabilities which again I actually would give to Kolar here his resistance to pain means he should be much harder to disarm and his ability to throw in kicks and force pushes with out warning to his already mastery Shii-cho form could give him a distinct edge over Kit Fisto. So actually Agen might just pull this one off.

Aurbere
04.30.2013 , 01:46 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Actually upon further review of Kolar I dont believe he was an Ataru master. He seemed to use some telekentics in his combat employing it with out warning and while this would normally suggest Niman we know niman users didnt survive geonosis if they were on it. So the most likely form to do this besides Niman would be Shii-cho. This however is not enough to conclude that it is Shii-cho the most valuable evidence comes in his ability to disarm his opponents. Kolar was sent for Vos because he was most likely to take the guy alive even if he were to beat him. And in many more fights with people it was likely that he wouldnt kill and sometimes he could even disarm his opponent with out injuring them at all. A users form normally reflects the user and while he was aggressive he seemed to dislike killing his opponent and would avoid doing so where ever possible. These are much more the tenets of a shii-cho user more so than any other form of saber combat.

Thus I would give the saber advantage to no one as they both seemingly used the same style and would have a similar skill lvl with said form. Instead we have to look at the likeliness and effectiveness of the use of force powers and other martial skill in combat along with physical capabilities which again I actually would give to Kolar here his resistance to pain means he should be much harder to disarm and his ability to throw in kicks and force pushes with out warning to his already mastery Shii-cho form could give him a distinct edge over Kit Fisto. So actually Agen might just pull this one off.
If anything, it would seem that he has skill in at least two lightsaber forms: Niman and Shii-Cho (Possible Ataru as well). Considering what we know of his exploits, his skill could encompass several lightsaber forms, or just that he has mastered one form really well.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

GarfieldJL
04.30.2013 , 10:15 PM | #25
The science is there. It is likely that Kolar's lightsaber would malfunction if submerged. However, I'm still doubting the ability for Fisto to break the plumbing without a good deal of concentration. I won't say that it's impossible because, let's face it, bigger things have been done.
Technically all it would take is a good saber slash from Fisto's saber (which can operate underwater), then he can manipulate water all he wants. All it would take is an instant, if he can get access to a lot of water Kolar loses, because Fisto would have an operating weapon while Kolar would not.

ZahirS
04.30.2013 , 10:46 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Technically all it would take is a good saber slash from Fisto's saber (which can operate underwater), then he can manipulate water all he wants. All it would take is an instant, if he can get access to a lot of water Kolar loses, because Fisto would have an operating weapon while Kolar would not.
Yes technically you are right, yet you don't consider the fact Kit Fisto is a WIMP, CHUMP, LOWBIE, LOWLIFE, ETC

Kit Fisto can use water based attacks submerged in water (Bubble of the force, his lightsaber, etc), but I have to note he can only do this underwater, in ground he can't even sense water or atleast he never could according to wookiepedia.

Beniboybling
05.01.2013 , 02:34 PM | #27
Concerning this whole pipe bursting thing... I must admit I see it as far-fetched. Firstly we do not even no for sure if pipes even run beneath the Jedi Library - I mean why would they? Have you seen any water fountains amongst the Archives? I haven't. Its also highly unlikely that in such a massive building they have pipes running everywhere, most likely a large waterway system made up of several, large pipes.

But lets assume for a moment that their are, we don't even know if they run beneath the ground. In fact its more likely that they run through the walls (pretty sure my piping does... don't quote me on that ) given that the ventilation systems do also.

But let's assume they are in the floor... buried beneath several meters of stone. I highly doubt they are close enough to the surface for Fisto to slash at the floor and cause water to come flooding out. I mean do you really see that happening? If you hacked at your floorboards with a sword would you expect a water fountain bubble up?

But let's assume in some possible universe Fisto manages to break a pipe... what exactly is it going to do, spray Kolar in the face? A burst of water isn't going to short out Kolar's saber, which would be the equivalent of rainfall. Kolar's lightsaber will have to be completed submerged in the water to short circuit. He'd have to flood the entire library, and by flood I mean flood. And that's assuming that Kolar doesn't simply move out of the way and deal Fisto a mark of contact while he's busy playing plumber.

EDIT: Note that Fisto is only able to manipulate water currents he cannot perform alter environment e.g. summon whirlpools, tidal waves etc. It would seem he's simply using telekinesis but underwater.

Aurbere
05.01.2013 , 03:07 PM | #28
Yeah, I don't think Fisto has shown an affinity for Alter Environment. It's most likely that he can only manipulate the water whilst submerged or, at the very least, when there's plenty of water around.

Plus, Beni brings up a good point. It is unlikely that the water pipes are easy to get at. It is likely that Kolar would simply cut Fisto down while he tried to get at the pipes.

Fisto would best leave the pipes be, in my opinion.

GarfieldJL
05.01.2013 , 08:09 PM | #29
Yeah, I don't think Fisto has shown an affinity for Alter Environment. It's most likely that he can only manipulate the water whilst submerged or, at the very least, when there's plenty of water around.

Plus, Beni brings up a good point. It is unlikely that the water pipes are easy to get at. It is likely that Kolar would simply cut Fisto down while he tried to get at the pipes.

Fisto would best leave the pipes be, in my opinion.
Actually, the Jedi Apprentice books indicate otherwise, specifically book 7.

If the pipes are in the walls, chances are they would not be that hard to get to, in case of a pipe bursting, they would want to be able to get to said pipe fairly quickly so they don't start having a mold problem...

All Fisto has to do is spray Kolar and his saber with a lot of water, which would be fairly easy to do. The place doesn't need to partially submerged in order for him to short out a lightsaber.

Come on people don't tell me none of you have ever handled garden hoses before...

Aurbere
05.01.2013 , 08:22 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Actually, the Jedi Apprentice books indicate otherwise, specifically book 7.

If the pipes are in the walls, chances are they would not be that hard to get to, in case of a pipe bursting, they would want to be able to get to said pipe fairly quickly so they don't start having a mold problem...

All Fisto has to do is spray Kolar and his saber with a lot of water, which would be fairly easy to do. The place doesn't need to partially submerged in order for him to short out a lightsaber.

Come on people don't tell me none of you have ever handled garden hoses before...
I'm still not convinced that it would be a wise strategy. He would have to leave himself open to attack to do this. Or at least find a way to buy himself time. He is known for being very fast, so if an opening is created that would give him time.

(Just thinking out loud here)We know that Kit Fisto preaches restraint, but then I think he would give a good Force Push to Kolar if he had to. Heck, he could even use Kolar's tendency to suddenly use Force Push to do this. But then there's the issue of Kolar making a quick follow up.

It would probably fall to Fisto to create a gap.