Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ridiculous healing for level 55 flashpoints

psandak
04.30.2013 , 11:38 AM | #11
This is coming from a player who's main in SWTOR is a tank (JKG) but who has played a LOT of healers in a LOT of games over the years (I even have a level 50 scoundrel), so take this for what it is worth...

The level 55 HM FPs are fine just the way they are. They are all doable without wiping, and here's the key, if every group member pays attention and does the job they are expected to do. There is no more ROFLstomping through an FP. Tanks have to pay attention to where the rest of the group is located before jumping into combat. CC is important again. Players actually have to pay attention to their surroundings to make sure the group is not overwhelmed. Players need to make sure that everyone in the group knows the fight.

On the subject of cleansing, I'm glad that cleansing debuffs is now something that healers have to do. Healers have had the ability to cleanse for some time, but up until now the ability had no real purpose. Now it does.

Healing and healer responsibilities are more pro-active...this is a GOOD thing.

RattyRattail
04.30.2013 , 11:42 AM | #12
It's not harder. People are just not geared up to the point where they can just face-roll these flashpoints like the old level 50 ones. Now, however, when I get a team where most of them have 69/72 level modifications healing is not an issue.
Makoan Legacy (Jedi Covenant)
Javán - 55 Sniper | Dhiya - 55 Shadow
Cáde - 55 Gunslinger | Nermall - 55 Assassin

Astarica
04.30.2013 , 11:51 AM | #13
I don't remember the dot from the final boss in Athiss ever did any significant damage. Are you sure it's not because the tank is standing in the purple circle of doom?

The only valid compliant would be the droid in Athiss because it's actually not obvious at all that the laser is stacking debuff at a first glance. Everything else is pretty straightforward. Your DPS are supposed to burn down stuff and CC, including using stuns, if necessary. If you want to charge into a pack of 5 strongs or 2 turrets of doom in Mandolorian Raiders and expect to live without using CDs you'll be very disappointed.

Zombietroll
04.30.2013 , 11:53 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CrownofGold View Post
I have been in far too many FPs where even healers in full 69's quit because of far too many wipes. I foresee a great deal of less people wanting to bear the burden of being blame for wipes (because they already were) and even less people will choose to be healers. This role is already by FAR the least played and less desirable role. It was ALREADY difficult to come across great healers let alone good ones.
Help me out guys, am I just having bad luck with the 55 FPs?
I promise you, those 69 geared healers rage quitting are not the good ones. A skilled 69 geared healer with low latency should be able to keep everyone topped off a majority of the time, or close to it. Try mezzing a couple of elites if things are too rough.
Cheezeburger - Jedi Covenant - 55 Operative Healer

bbare
04.30.2013 , 11:57 AM | #15
I think it is mostly a player skill issue. The healing required for flashpoints is not at all extreme. Any competent tank and healer combo should steamroll through the flashpoints. Just yesterday, we were short a tank and we 1 shot all of the bosses in HM Athiss with 3 dps and a healer. We had snipers tanking on each of the bosses!
The Vanity Legacy

Jenzali
04.30.2013 , 12:01 PM | #16
If you're having trouble healing 55 HM's, it's quite likely that your DPS or tank (or you) are not following the mechanics correctly and are taking unnecessary damage.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Twickers
04.30.2013 , 12:04 PM | #17
Honestly the FP's are fine for the most part, there are some trash packs that could use some toning down (like the dogs in mando raiders) and certain bosses just have a ton of HP as a lazy *** way of making the fight longer/harder (Battle lord Kreshan) and the usual bugs (Cadimemu).

It's really more about learning to use your cooldowns and actually remember that you have a cleanse button, of course if your pugging well thats never fun if you get a tank who's horrendously undergeared/stupid, run with your guild/friends to help make things a little easier too.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

thatPERSON
04.30.2013 , 12:24 PM | #18
i did a 55 flashpoint with my guild. the tank was in dps gear and a shield (hadnt tank for the longest time) and the healer was a commando that had only just switched to heals for the first time. we wiped once because the healer started doing his dps rotation by accident. so no, these flashpoints arent as hard as you say.

dscount
04.30.2013 , 12:33 PM | #19
Found that at first it was a pain for semi-geared team and healing. Usually lost the TANK at the end of each Bonus Boss Fight, but managed to finish. Being in 69's now I'm seeing less issues except when a tank just doesn't know how to tank. (IE: Use his/her GCD's and/or tools)

Stupid SHACKLE bug is extremely BW-FAIL and needs to be corrected, but most of the others are pretty bug free.

I do agree the dogs are a tad overboard on trash mobs.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

Astarica
04.30.2013 , 12:36 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Zombietroll View Post
I promise you, those 69 geared healers rage quitting are not the good ones. A skilled 69 geared healer with low latency should be able to keep everyone topped off a majority of the time, or close to it. Try mezzing a couple of elites if things are too rough.
A 69 geared healer isn't even going to come close to outhealing the DPS of say the 5 strong droid pack in Athiss that all do Charged Burst for 5K at the same time if the tank didn't use a CD, or the turrets of doom in Mandolorian Raiders. Of course you got to ask why is your tank not using CD, or why is the healer not CCing one of the strong (all healer types can CC any mob not immune to CC)?

Elites generally aren't a big deal. If you want to reduce damage, you should really mez the strongs. It usually makes more sense to mez the elite while your DPS burns down the strongs, but that'd require your DPS know what they're doing too. Nobody is gong to tank 4 strong mobs comfortably in the 55 FPs for a very long time, but at least 2 of those should die in the first 10 seconds if your DPS is any good.