Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Silence of the devs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Silence of the devs
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ottoattack
04.30.2013 , 09:41 AM | #1
We have not heard from the devs. since the last update last 4/24/13 regarding the bolster and its issues. Are there any plans to fix/improve the bolster? Or we are pretty much stuck with this buggy system? Will we have to wait for 2.1 or that's a cartel market update..

Please respond so we at least know which direction the game is heading, so if we are stuck with the broken bolster, at least we can adjust accordingly and figure out which gear works best (obliviously it is not PvP gear currently), so we can have some sort of competitive play.

TUXs
04.30.2013 , 09:42 AM | #2
Sickening isn't it...pathetic. Sloppy.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

DarthBama
04.30.2013 , 09:48 AM | #3
What are you talking about? Just yesterday they asked us, "What do you like spending your Cartel Coins on?"

KeeperOfSajuuk
04.30.2013 , 09:50 AM | #4
My frustrations regarding the current bugs, are easily put to rest, when I hear what an EAware employee's favorite cantina is.
"...what an incomprehensible machine is man! Who can endure toil, famine, stripes, imprisonment & death itself in vindication of his own liberty, and the next moment ... inflict on his fellow men a bondage, one hour of which is fraught with more misery than ages of that which he rose in rebellion to oppose." -Thomas Jefferson

islander
04.30.2013 , 09:51 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBama View Post
What are you talking about? Just yesterday they asked us, "What do you like spending your Cartel Coins on?"
This.

Its because they have no good answers. Ironically, its usually class balance people cry about, not the pvp experience itself. Not good.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Pistols
04.30.2013 , 10:15 AM | #6
Please note, the Gold names that usually respond via threads are not developers, but CS reps, in which I think Eric does a tremendous (and thankless) job at doing. Having said that, he streamlines here what he is told by the Development team, so if he hasn't chimed in, it stands to reason the Develpment team is still scratching their heads over their own broken system.

cashogy_reborn
04.30.2013 , 10:27 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Please note, the Gold names that usually respond via threads are not developers, but CS reps, in which I think Eric does a tremendous (and thankless) job at doing. Having said that, he streamlines here what he is told by the Development team, so if he hasn't chimed in, it stands to reason the Develpment team is still scratching their heads over their own broken system.
this.

actual devs only post during PTS cycles, or on very very rare occasions.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

sanchito
04.30.2013 , 10:30 AM | #8
i do believe the corporate strategy is lay low and hope it goes away

warstory
04.30.2013 , 10:37 AM | #9
They are busy fixing the bolster augment but so no new info till they have a fix. I think they are also reviewing some of the changes I think
"Surely you know I could kill you just as easily with my lightsaber as I could with the force "

Ottoattack
04.30.2013 , 10:48 AM | #10
Actually, yes, Eric is the one usually responds. And I like his responses mostly. Regardless, BW (wither its Eric or someone else) need to make a statement giving us the players an idea of where the bolster is heading, or if we are stuck with it as is, so we plan or gear and itemization for PvP accordingly. I noted after I spent all my PvP comms on my first toon that it was a bad idea to buy PvP gear. I have two other toon at 55 fully decked on comms. I want (and I am sure many others) to know if I should spend these comms or not.

Even with broken bolster that we have within a month or two, when the dust settles, players will adjust to get the most benefit out of the system, which currently seem as a mixture of PvP gear, PvE gear and lvl 30 greens . The problem is I want to know where will the dust settle before I start using my accumulated resources (comms+money) to buy gear, then BW comes and changes the system, which renders the resources I spent pointless.