Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafters please read - mass manipulation generator removal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Crafters please read - mass manipulation generator removal

Alec_Fortescue
04.30.2013 , 09:37 AM | #21
Dude. I am from ToFN as well. I actually call for a darn boycott of this thing. Prices should range from 200-300k. They are more expensive than the stuff they can be turned into, which is ridiculous. No one is willing to pay mods which aren't best in slot and cost half -a-million

It looks like Bioware mistaken mass manipulation generator for the Isotope-5! What the hell is Iso-5 for anyway? No uses! Mass manipulators were meant for end-game gear but they decided to scrap the idea but didn't tidy up properly.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

Ziso
04.30.2013 , 09:47 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by PariahMessiah View Post
The intention was to kill crafting. Special snowflake raiders were upset that players had "their" gear without setting foot into raids (buy 27s, slot in columi). The game took a major philosophy shift in 2.0. 1.7 handed out entry level gear for pvp and pve at cap. Now the only way to get the set bonus is to raid. Campaign doesn't count since it was itemized by a monkey with Downs syndrome.

Besides you're totally supposed to be biochem for endgame. Reusable adrenals (even if inferior to blues) arre worth a hutt's weight in Arodium
This is how I feel it. In our last game and also before 2.0 I was happy being a crafter and used the credits I earned to buy the end level gear. Kept me piling gear on the GTN for people to buy (droid, ship, armour etc). Ive never been a end game player or raider but like to spend the credits I earned buying the gear so if someone needed help or were a tank short on a guild run I could step in and help. So the person selling and me buying were happy and I made sure i stocked alot of gear for all levels on the GTN weekly.
To an extent I can still do this (with 30 armorings and enhancements) but since 2.0 I now have to raid now to get the top stuff as its no longer available on GTN and players no longer have the option to sell as its all BOP and hence ive simply stopped crafting as little need for credits now as nothing else to buy I need.

Alec_Fortescue
04.30.2013 , 09:54 AM | #23
Previous system was amazing. The best. The only flaw it had was schem-stealing.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

Naoshiki
04.30.2013 , 11:57 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
It looks like Bioware mistaken mass manipulation generator for the Isotope-5! What the hell is Iso-5 for anyway? No uses! Mass manipulators were meant for end-game gear but they decided to scrap the idea but didn't tidy up properly.
The Isotope-5 requiring schematics are pretty decent atm. They are provided from the vendor next to the crew skills vendor on fleet.

I do agree with you if they replaced the MMGs with Iso-5 for Level 30 components we would have a better crafting system.

I would be okay with allowing the MMGs and Iso-5 to craft Level 31 Components given that the schematics were random drops in HM TFB and HM SV.
Don't Holocall and Speeder. It's the Law! - Audacious - Prophecy of the Five
Raiju, Feracity & Brynhìldr 55 Sorcs, Chervil 55 Sniper, Bvlgaris 55 Op
Silva'daeus 55 Bounty Hunter, Xavellia 55 Jug, Gianetta 55 PT
Malyponopos 55 Sent, Baby'Bátter 55 GS, Raijillia 55 Sage

dscount
04.30.2013 , 06:38 PM | #25
Couple issues here.

1) They made the Level 28 stuff too easy to craft and they are dirt cheap.
2) They made BiS non-craftable. (Debate will always continue on this due to Casual vs. Elite POV)
3) They made drop rate and obtainable nature of the MMG pointless. (IE: Need 69+ gear to reach them)

Removing Crafting of BiS created a vacuum that used to address the lack of a properly balanced gear stats. Basically that was done on purpose to drive up the time it takes to gear into BiS. The sad part is many of the progression guilds are gearing up, but get very little value out of these runs as they can't sell any craftable BiS gear and the only real "Value" is the MMG being sold on the GTN for 800k-1.2mil.

Basically. They killed the economy and crafting for sake of dragging out gear progression and at the same time most likely bored most the crafters to tears. Heck I've already learned almost a dozen 30 Schems and the gear drops like candy in HM FP's so it's not hard to have plenty of opportunity.

Resolution. Do we have one? Not really, but several suggestions have been made (in the past as well recently).

PLAN A: I'm calling on Oneshot's idea I think on this one, but it's a great idea. The ability to re-engineer your ENH is the key to making this game functional (Quality of Life). Throw the crafting community a BONE here and create something like the AUG KITS that allows you to CHANGE out for a fee with a "ENH-KIT" the type of ENH you have. You take said 69 or 72 Mod/Enh to the table and "FIX" it to another model (Has to be a specific model in the menu) and convert with a FEE, the ENH and ENH-KIT. The only catch is you can't change the main stat type (Values YES, but Aptitude 30 mod would only convert to Mettle mod's). The big tickets "Solution" is the crappy ENH that are in most gear. Ability to PICK ANY of the same level ENH. ADEPT > QUICK SAVANT or SAVANT or whatever.

PLAN B: Suggestion from long time ago prior to 2.0 was to drop TOKENS for MOD/ENH in ENDGAME and gear dropped tokens include just the Armor and Shell. The (Like in PVP now) you can go purchase the MOD/ENH of your choice - ARMOR is also not available.
Pointing out broken 16m SM Loot since 12/04 [Link1] & 12/11 [Link2] & 12/16 [Link3]
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

elitenz
05.01.2013 , 09:02 AM | #26
Some very interesting posts in this thread but I don't agree with anyone being able to craft Underworld/Verpine gear the issue we are also facing is people not being able to RE Black Market Implants/Ears this was a poor decision by Bioware and needs to be changed in the next patch before the cats arrive.
Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

SFaulkner
05.03.2013 , 09:18 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
Some very interesting posts in this thread but I don't agree with anyone being able to craft Underworld/Verpine gear the issue we are also facing is people not being able to RE Black Market Implants/Ears this was a poor decision by Bioware and needs to be changed in the next patch before the cats arrive.
I've noticed this as well. We can craft anything else of the same level, but not these? Doesn't make sense.

But I think the whole crafting thing is completely broken since 2.0. The only way to make money crafting is Augments and Kits. Maybe Barrels and Hilts as well. But everything else? What's the point in crafting it. I've got tons of L30 Schematics and no one wanting me to craft. Basically, 2.0 killed crafting IMO.

Zombietroll
05.03.2013 , 10:28 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
The stupidest anti-crafter sentiment I ever heard, and sadly heard too often eversince WoW happened.
Crafting in this game is a joke. You click a button, an hour or so later your companion comes back with materials or whatever you told them to craft. Is it fun for a while, sure, but there isn't a good ratio of effort to return. There are enough people sitting on fleet all day doing nothing without the best level gear able to be crafted.

If your main focus of this game is crafting, go play Mafia Wars. The gameplay will be roughly similar.
Cheezeburger - Jedi Covenant - 55 Operative Healer

Naoshiki
05.03.2013 , 12:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Zombietroll View Post
Crafting in this game is a joke. You click a button, an hour or so later your companion comes back with materials or whatever you told them to craft. Is it fun for a while, sure, but there isn't a good ratio of effort to return. There are enough people sitting on fleet all day doing nothing without the best level gear able to be crafted.

If your main focus of this game is crafting, go play Mafia Wars. The gameplay will be roughly similar.
Let's make crafting like DDR. Bioware can offer a dance pad and if you get above a certain score it gets augmented.

On a serious note, there should be patterns that require 2 or more companions to make that are set companions and that take a long time to make. An example would be a 72 hour BoP Arkanian Chest that required your healer, tank and best dps companion to make.

Actually maybe they should do the DDR thing, all the good crafters would be phenomenal at the club! lol
Don't Holocall and Speeder. It's the Law! - Audacious - Prophecy of the Five
Raiju, Feracity & Brynhìldr 55 Sorcs, Chervil 55 Sniper, Bvlgaris 55 Op
Silva'daeus 55 Bounty Hunter, Xavellia 55 Jug, Gianetta 55 PT
Malyponopos 55 Sent, Baby'Bátter 55 GS, Raijillia 55 Sage

CrystalCat
05.04.2013 , 01:38 PM | #30
As someone who didn't get the opportunity to make money off of my Crafting (my guild was new, and by the time we started getting into the stuff that would allow for endgame gear drops, they switched). Crafting *is* time-consuming. Sometimes you get lucky and get a schematic on your first go, but far *more* often you're REing 20, 30, sometimes 40 of these items to get the schematic. 20% chance of new schematic is text on a page, but not what really happens.

That's *millions* in credits to learn one armoring, or mod, etc sometimes. Why should I not be able to make a profit afterwards, hmm?

I feel that the endgame stuff should still be Craftable, but add a set bonus to Underworld. Reasoning: Earning the components/cash to give a Crafter for one piece takes a good chunk of time. And it's the serious raiders that do this, the ones that want the perfect mod in each place to optimise their output. It still takes months to do this one piece at a time: what I did with my Dread Guard gear (since my team wasn't running the ops where it dropped yet). I worked my butt off to gear up still. Crafters can't make set bonues: meaning you still need to clear the content to gear up.

All they've done is shaft the Crafters. MMG = million credits on GTN, The armoring I'd make with it, worth the same. There's no profit in it. And as others have said - why should people pay so much for not-top gear? The answer is that they shouldn't be, but the MMG rarity and cost make it so. You need to find a balance that keeps the casual players happy as well as the hardcore players happy.

The casual players are happy with the drops, the hardcore want to optimise. They broke the balance here.