Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eric Musco please enlight me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Eric Musco please enlight me
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Warrgames
04.30.2013 , 05:52 AM | #1
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I believe the issue that you wanted to have addressed is that currently it states "Full access to all character creation choices." As of this moment this terminology is still correct as subscribers do have full access to those choices. We will be updating that page (along with any others that make similar references) once Game Update 2.1 goes live.

-eric
So its OK to take away features from sub as long as you updating the pages that tell us we get said features. Since this is the case let me guess at the next few updates.

2.2 Sub will get 20 WZ and FP anymore and you'll have to buy a pass off the CM. Its OK we updated the listed for sub features and who really needs to do more then 20 WZ or FP a week.

2.3 New OP but Sub will have to buy a pass week pass for it. Its OK we update list of what Sub get. You already have an Op you can run.

So Eric how long before you take away all "benefits" of being sub?

Alavastre
04.30.2013 , 05:54 AM | #2
They can't take away something you don't have.

Example, we cannot change our character now. We also do not have the Cathar. So they are not taking anything away from you.

Hope this helps.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

MajikMyst
04.30.2013 , 05:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrgames View Post
So its OK to take away features from sub as long as you updating the pages that tell us we get said features. Since this is the case let me guess at the next few updates.

2.2 Sub will get 20 WZ and FP anymore and you'll have to buy a pass off the CM. Its OK we updated the listed for sub features and who really needs to do more then 20 WZ or FP a week.

2.3 New OP but Sub will have to buy a pass week pass for it. Its OK we update list of what Sub get. You already have an Op you can run.

So Eric how long before you take away all "benefits" of being sub?
They are not taking anything away.. They are changing the website because of the meaningless fit some people through in the thread you got that quote from..

For some reason they don't understand how putting the Cathar in to the Cartel Market and making us pay 600cc is not a violation of anything for subscribers..

In the simplest of terms.. The Cathar is going into the Cartel Market because this game is now F2P.. Something that all of them seem to miss.. Subscribers also receive a monthly grant of coins to purchase things.. One of which is the Cathar unlock.. Making it free to all subscribers.. Which does give us full access to all character creation choices..

That simple and short bit of reasoning was lost.. So?? Bioware is having to dumb down their website a little bit.. Since the obvious was totally lost..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

AlaricSevGirl
04.30.2013 , 06:06 AM | #4
Really...I can understand what the OP is saying. OP is saying that by choice, EA/BW can make anything in the game a cartel coin option just by changing what subscribers get but.....will they do it? Only EA/BW knows what they are going to do and frankly I will continue to play as long as they don't go crazy with it. But don't underestimate scheming companies. EA controls this game and we all know what EA is like.
The Terran One Legacy; Ebon Hawk server; Lauren-Cordis, GL, Galactic Security Solutions (Republic) and Rhiordan, GL, The Imperial Black Court (Empire).

MajikMyst
04.30.2013 , 06:14 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
Really...I can understand what the OP is saying. OP is saying that by choice, EA/BW can make anything in the game a cartel coin option just by changing what subscribers get but.....will they do it? Only EA/BW knows what they are going to do and frankly I will continue to play as long as they don't go crazy with it. But don't underestimate scheming companies. EA controls this game and we all know what EA is like.
Truth be told, Bioware can do whatever it wants.. Any company can.. If any company wants to keep it's customers, it can't..

They will not touch subscribers, because truth be told.. They would prefer us all to be subscribers.. Being able to count on your income through subscription is a lot better than hoping you get a certain amount from the F2P people.. All F2P players are basically guided toward being a subscriber.. They are constantly reminded how wonderful we have it.. They are not going to make being a subscriber less appealing because that will be the same as slitting their own throat..

The only reason the Cathar is in the Cartel Market is so the F2P people will buy it.. Subs get a grant so it is free..

SithVeritas
04.30.2013 , 06:16 AM | #6
2.1. is the first step towards what you're afraid of.

AlaricSevGirl
04.30.2013 , 06:22 AM | #7
While the OP is mentioning Cathar, that's not the only thing he is saying. He is also mentioning customizations and what is basic to games like GW2, the armoring dyes, are going to be a pay service in SWTOR. So indeed, EA/BW is definitely setting a precedent. In GW2, you can color your armor for free. You buy a customization kit for changing your appearance in the market but then you can change anything you want for the one time fee. That is not what EA/BW is doing.
The Terran One Legacy; Ebon Hawk server; Lauren-Cordis, GL, Galactic Security Solutions (Republic) and Rhiordan, GL, The Imperial Black Court (Empire).

Kilora
04.30.2013 , 06:26 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SithVeritas View Post
2.1. is the first step towards what you're afraid of.
Yep, just like color crystals were the first step to this horrendous P2W game we have now. . .

Oh wait.

MajikMyst
04.30.2013 , 06:33 AM | #9
While the OP is mentioning Cathar, that's not the only thing he is saying. He is also mentioning customizations and what is basic to games like GW2, the armoring dyes, are going to be a pay service in SWTOR. So indeed, EA/BW is definitely setting a precedent. In GW2, you can color your armor for free. You buy a customization kit for changing your appearance in the market but then you can change anything you want for the one time fee. That is not what EA/BW is doing.
The only thing is.. Unless we can look at what both of the customizations things do in both games.. I don't think it is really fair to compare the two.. I heard that one in SWTOR would allow us to change our race as well.. Having said that I have heard a lot of things.. I haven't seen a list of what it will actually do..

Just my 2 cents..

Arlon_Nabarlly
04.30.2013 , 06:38 AM | #10
To say that this is "taking something away" would be like arguing that they are some how taking away the ability to play as a Cathar for free. They aren't, it's a new feature that isn't available now that will have a cost, same here.

Bioware has been pretty clear and obvious that anything even remotely cosmetic will almost certainly be pay going forward. They won't change WZ/OP/FP access for subscribers, to say you're overreacting is an understatement.