Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 06: Kit Fisto vs. Agen Kolar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 06: Kit Fisto vs. Agen Kolar

YoshiRaphElan
04.28.2013 , 03:19 PM | #11
Kolar might be a better fighter overall, but Fisto is more wily; during his fight with Grievous he used the heavy mists to take one of Grievous' lightsabers and give himself an advantage. In the library, it is likely that he would dodge around the bookcases and computer terminals. However, Kolar might simply cut straight through the cases to slash Fisto in half, prematurely ending the fight. Remember, Kolar was only slain so quickly by Palpatine because he was taken off-guard. He likely would've lasted longer against Palpatine in an actual fight than Fisto did. Not to say I don't like Fisto, I'm a huge fan of him! But I have to give this to Kolar.

Also, Aurbere, I have to correct you on one point: Kolar cannot be a Niman user for one reason: he was amongst the combatants in the Geonosis arena, and it is said that all Jedi who used Niman on Geonosis were killed. Therefore, Ataru is far more likely.

Aurbere
04.28.2013 , 04:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Also, Aurbere, I have to correct you on one point: Kolar cannot be a Niman user for one reason: he was amongst the combatants in the Geonosis arena, and it is said that all Jedi who used Niman on Geonosis were killed. Therefore, Ataru is far more likely.
I had forgotten about that. I had considered Kolar a Niman user due to his Force use mid combat, but Ataru is likely, considering his use of melee attacks mid-combat.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
04.28.2013 , 04:14 PM | #13
Also, Yoshi, you make a good point concerning the Sidious engagement. I had planned to touch on this in the OP, but I forgot. Simply put, I don't think that battle can apply, considering the other factors.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

GarfieldJL
04.28.2013 , 05:14 PM | #14
Few quick questions:

Are there water pipes directly above the Library?

How old is Agen Kolar's lightsaber?

I know that Kit Fisto's lightsaber will work when immersed in water, but many lightsabers had an issue operating underwater if they were made before the Clone Wars started.

Aurbere
04.28.2013 , 06:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Few quick questions:

Are there water pipes directly above the Library?

How old is Agen Kolar's lightsaber?

I know that Kit Fisto's lightsaber will work when immersed in water, but many lightsabers had an issue operating underwater if they were made before the Clone Wars started.
I don't know what the plumbing is like in the Jedi Temple, but I would assume that some type of plumbing system runs through the Library. Don't quote me on that, though.

I don't think Kolar's lightsaber has any special features.

GarfieldJL
04.28.2013 , 07:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I don't know what the plumbing is like in the Jedi Temple, but I would assume that some type of plumbing system runs through the Library. Don't quote me on that, though.

I don't think Kolar's lightsaber has any special features.
Okay, then it is quite easy to say that Kit Fisto will beat Agen Kolar.

All Kit Fisto has to do is bust a pipe and drench Agen's lightsaber with water, which will shut it down briefly. Since Kit Fisto's saber can even operate underwater, the advantage goes to Kit Fisto fairly quickly.

ZahirS
04.28.2013 , 07:49 PM | #17
I would give this to Kolar mainly because he can fight without a weapon, and its unlikely Fisto manages to open a water valve in the jedi temple and make kolar lightsaber non-functional? I find this far fecthed.

Kolar can take also on Fisto because all the abilities fisto has are water based mostly and he also was killed by Sideous in small time so that says Fisto and Kolar had more or less same combat abiltity.

marcelo_sdk
04.28.2013 , 09:49 PM | #18
I'm really doubtful in this one. As I am almost certain that Fisto is a superior swordsman (I don't see the battle being decided in other way), it's clear that Shii-Cho is very flawed dueling with single-handed wielders. But he was able to hold some of Palpatine's blows, showing that he knew how to stop a vicious assault. And I don't see the battleground going against him just because it's not underwater. Nautolans are anphibious, so the land is his ground too.

I think Kolar's disadvantage here is the lack of sources. He is almost unexplored in EU, and Fisto, on the other hand, has considerable more information. Still, as I said, I'm not entirely sure of the outcome of this.

Having to chose one, I would give to Fisto, but my mind can be changed if new sources about Kolar appears.
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]
Erendis Barsen'thor [Human Jedi Shadow] | Darth Kamul [Zabrak Sith Assassin]

Aurbere
04.29.2013 , 07:54 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Okay, then it is quite easy to say that Kit Fisto will beat Agen Kolar.

All Kit Fisto has to do is bust a pipe and drench Agen's lightsaber with water, which will shut it down briefly. Since Kit Fisto's saber can even operate underwater, the advantage goes to Kit Fisto fairly quickly.
I don't know. Wouldn't 'pipe-busting' be require some concentration. He can manipulate the water quite easily while submerged, but directly manipulating water in the plumbing may require some effort. Not saying that it will, just something to consider.

Aurbere
04.29.2013 , 08:13 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
I would give this to Kolar mainly because he can fight without a weapon, and its unlikely Fisto manages to open a water valve in the jedi temple and make kolar lightsaber non-functional? I find this far fecthed.

Kolar can take also on Fisto because all the abilities fisto has are water based mostly and he also was killed by Sideous in small time so that says Fisto and Kolar had more or less same combat abiltity.
The science is there. It is likely that Kolar's lightsaber would malfunction if submerged. However, I'm still doubting the ability for Fisto to break the plumbing without a good deal of concentration. I won't say that it's impossible because, let's face it, bigger things have been done.

Quote: Originally Posted by marcelo_sdk View Post
I'm really doubtful in this one. As I am almost certain that Fisto is a superior swordsman (I don't see the battle being decided in other way), it's clear that Shii-Cho is very flawed dueling with single-handed wielders. But he was able to hold some of Palpatine's blows, showing that he knew how to stop a vicious assault. And I don't see the battleground going against him just because it's not underwater. Nautolans are anphibious, so the land is his ground too.

I think Kolar's disadvantage here is the lack of sources. He is almost unexplored in EU, and Fisto, on the other hand, has considerable more information. Still, as I said, I'm not entirely sure of the outcome of this.

Having to chose one, I would give to Fisto, but my mind can be changed if new sources about Kolar appears.
The issue with the Sidious duel is that Sidious caught Kolar and Tiin off guard, and Fisto had Mace for back up before he was killed. So I don't really think the Sidious duel is valid here.

However, I do agree that Kolar is unexplored compared to Fisto. Originally, I had planned for Eeth Koth due to his appearance in TCW, but he has even less info on him.