Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode "manners"

mikebevo
04.09.2013 , 10:21 AM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by DonkeyGobbler View Post
The only time I pass is when I'm running with friends, guildies or lowbies and think they'll benefit more than me.
I pass all the time, not because I am nice, but because I am too lazy to go sell most of the crap that drops.

Although running with fresh endgame players I pass even on the good stuff. So I am not completely selfish and selfcentered.

DonkeyGobbler
04.09.2013 , 10:32 AM | #252
Kind of what I meant by "lowbies"

coille
04.09.2013 , 04:28 PM | #253
Yep agree with OP. I don't do pug HM FP's anymore. Will only do them with Guildies.

Zombietroll
04.29.2013 , 11:51 AM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
You have the Completely wrong gender there.

and yeah i have a right to insult them if they insulted me by basically saying im incompetent. and no one in a GAME should have to deal with that. its a game. not real life. it shouldnt be this harsh of an environment.
You sound like a little brat and I would have kicked you faster than your group did. Also, good job taking the moral high ground by trading insults with them.
Cheezeburger - Jedi Covenant - 55 Operative Healer

Khevar
04.29.2013 , 12:30 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by Zombietroll View Post
You sound like a little brat and I would have kicked you faster than your group did. Also, good job taking the moral high ground by trading insults with them.
Did you read the first post on the thread? The one that described the situation that resulted in the vote-kick?

Zombietroll
04.29.2013 , 12:46 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Did you read the first post on the thread? The one that described the situation that resulted in the vote-kick?
Every single word.

If someone thinks that there is tension in the group and wants to have a chill and relaxed time, saying hello and striking up conversation helps change the pace of the flashpoint. OP didn't do that, from what I can infer. Furthermore, the attitude of his post sucked and I would assess that his attitude during the FP sucked as well.

Pulling random mobs and killing the group is borderline unacceptable: aggro range doesn't change just because you are in a flashpoint, look around and use common sense.

Being that he was new and wanted to watch every single conversation, he should have stated that to the rest of the group from the get-go. I would never kick someone for being honest about that, but I might leave and spend my time better elsewhere.

I suspect that his group kicked him not only for wasting their time, being undergeared, pulling random mobs and getting them killed...but also for not communicating their needs to the group. He also stated that he has been kicked multiple times (every HM flashpoint he has been in, I believe) so its hard to believe every single one of those groups were just elitist.

The best part of his entire post is that people's actions in SWTOR are making him give up his hope for humanity. I LOL'd.

Khevar
04.29.2013 , 01:08 PM | #257
Your interpretation of what happened is quite different from mine.

I'm the type of player that has the speedrun down cold. I've been playing for over a year, I have 9 level 50s (4 at 55) and have run the L50 flashpoints often enough that I can run them in my sleep. I know practically every way to skip mobs (and bosses where possible) and will spacebar with the best of them.

At the same time, if I noticed someone was lagging behind on a skip attempt, it would be perfectly obvious to me that we either had a) a new player or b) someone who didn't know how to skip.

I would promptly go back and give them some help, and show them what to do. Skipping the mobs by the D7 tents? I've watched guildies in vent have a hard time making those jumps. Having a hard time skipping those mobs in a pug? Completely understandable, so let's help the newbie out and not treat them like garbage.

What I see from the OP's situation, is 3 other people who have no patience for the new player, and deliberately put her in a situation that would result in being a problem for the group, just so they could initiate a vote-kick.

I remember way back, the first time I saw someone do the "exhaustion zone skip" on Battle of Ilum. I had no idea what was going on, tried to follow, the group zipped off ahead, I died. Asked for them to wait, they didn't, I tried again, fell off the ledge, pulled a mob, and I got raged at.

I was perfectly happy to skip and do a speedrun. Yet this impatient Scheißekopf made it impossible for me to do so, and arrogantly treated me like a newb fool trying to screw the group over.

The fact that the others in DSpecter's group let her fall behind and wouldn't wait for her to catch up says it all to me. They were already annoyed that someone didn't know how to skip the mobs, that it wasn't going to be the fast speedrun they had hoped for, and were itching for the first excuse to kick them out.

Astarica
04.29.2013 , 04:56 PM | #258
I never understand the point to take a 10 seconds detour to avoid something you'll need 10 seconds to kill if your DPS doesn't suck. In the time it takes someone to scavenge/bioanalysis stuff (and people do that all the time) you could easily clear the next pack of mobs, which is likely to have something else to scavenge/bioanalysis anyway.

Bandrashu
04.30.2013 , 05:00 AM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
I never understand the point to take a 10 seconds detour to avoid something you'll need 10 seconds to kill if your DPS doesn't suck. In the time it takes someone to scavenge/bioanalysis stuff (and people do that all the time) you could easily clear the next pack of mobs, which is likely to have something else to scavenge/bioanalysis anyway.
my thoughts, exactly.

Zombietroll
04.30.2013 , 05:25 AM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Your interpretation of what happened is quite different from mine.

I'm the type of player that has the speedrun down cold. I've been playing for over a year, I have 9 level 50s (4 at 55) and have run the L50 flashpoints often enough that I can run them in my sleep. I know practically every way to skip mobs (and bosses where possible) and will spacebar with the best of them.

At the same time, if I noticed someone was lagging behind on a skip attempt, it would be perfectly obvious to me that we either had a) a new player or b) someone who didn't know how to skip.

I would promptly go back and give them some help, and show them what to do. Skipping the mobs by the D7 tents? I've watched guildies in vent have a hard time making those jumps. Having a hard time skipping those mobs in a pug? Completely understandable, so let's help the newbie out and not treat them like garbage.

What I see from the OP's situation, is 3 other people who have no patience for the new player, and deliberately put her in a situation that would result in being a problem for the group, just so they could initiate a vote-kick.

I remember way back, the first time I saw someone do the "exhaustion zone skip" on Battle of Ilum. I had no idea what was going on, tried to follow, the group zipped off ahead, I died. Asked for them to wait, they didn't, I tried again, fell off the ledge, pulled a mob, and I got raged at.

I was perfectly happy to skip and do a speedrun. Yet this impatient Scheißekopf made it impossible for me to do so, and arrogantly treated me like a newb fool trying to screw the group over.

The fact that the others in DSpecter's group let her fall behind and wouldn't wait for her to catch up says it all to me. They were already annoyed that someone didn't know how to skip the mobs, that it wasn't going to be the fast speedrun they had hoped for, and were itching for the first excuse to kick them out.
I can already tell by the way you phrase your argument that you are more logical than the OP. Furthermore you seem like the type that likes to communicate rather than suffer in silence and further hinder the group. So in your case, no, I wouldn't vote kick. But I would still vote kick the OP based on his attitude at the situation (In addition to the myriad of situations he put his group). I'm willing to work with people when they make their intentions and situation clear from the start; I've done a full clear of Battle of Ilum on my 55 when requested while queing for the basic comms.

TL:DR - You have a respectable opinion, and I have no quarrel with you