Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let's talk Hammer Station...

GigasFist
12.21.2011 , 12:49 PM | #11
Once you start running Hard Mode instances you would get very sick of the dialogue every time you re-run them. Remember Arthas' dialogue you had to wait to finish in Heroic CoS?

That said every flashpoint is awesome.

Raeln
12.21.2011 , 12:51 PM | #12
I guess I am a bit confused. Do you guys really want ALL of the Flashpoints to have an obligatory "Do we kill the character?" buried somewhere in each Flashpoint.

I ran Hammer station last night as well. I enjoyed it. It never crossed my mind that there was less dialog. In fact, I'm glad there are some Flashpoints with less dialog for those groups to run that want to avoid heavy dialog Flashpoints. I hope there is an even balance of those with heavy dialogs versus those with light dialog.

Afterall, if they made every single Flashpoint have drastic moral decisions, it would not take long for that mechanic to become boring and worn out. Variety is the spice of life.

Raeln
12.21.2011 , 12:52 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by GigasFist View Post
Once you start running Hard Mode instances you would get very sick of the dialogue every time you re-run them. Remember Arthas' dialogue you had to wait to finish in Heroic CoS?

Perhaps, but Arthas' dialog wasn't interactive and did not award social points.

Not saying that the same dialog will be fun forever, but it will lengthen the time until it becomes sheer boredom.

DarthSyphilis
12.21.2011 , 12:57 PM | #14
I agree!, I did love the different options in both the Esselles (sp?)and Black Talon, my buddies and I had such a good time with the dialogue. We were cracking up in Eselles(Sp? again) laughing at the whiny scared fat guy, and then when we went downstairs to fight the first boss and saw the fish guy and we all yelled It's a TRAP! Was probably one of my favorite moments in gaming.

However I like the FP Athiss's Giant Doggysaurus and The Prophet, were really hard and I admit to feeling nervous when I first saw Doggysaurus, something I haven't felt for years since my first ZF run when you are standing at the top of the stairs. I just feel they need a little human interaction!

Hammerreborn
12.21.2011 , 01:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by GigasFist View Post

And just like Heroic CoS you can skip the dialog entirely by having everyone hammer space if it bothers you that much. I've had groups of black talon say that they are skipping all chatting and that you'll be kicked if you don't. Essels becomes a short run that still gets you a ton of social points so you can get the social gear as opposed to the next three that nets you 10-15 a run for the same length of time.

DarthSyphilis
12.21.2011 , 01:05 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
I guess I am a bit confused. Do you guys really want ALL of the Flashpoints to have an obligatory "Do we kill the character?" buried somewhere in each Flashpoint.

I ran Hammer station last night as well. I enjoyed it. It never crossed my mind that there was less dialog. In fact, I'm glad there are some Flashpoints with less dialog for those groups to run that want to avoid heavy dialog Flashpoints. I hope there is an even balance of those with heavy dialogs versus those with light dialog.

Afterall, if they made every single Flashpoint have drastic moral decisions, it would not take long for that mechanic to become boring and worn out. Variety is the spice of life.
Honestly I Could see that becoming a problem however it could be solved in one of three ways:

Suck it up, if you are in a pug there is usually someone who hasn't done it before so just be patient try different dialogue options and enjoy the alignment and social points. Most Likely option

If you are in a premade that is just farming, They could add a button that disables convos and just randomized the choices, (Would be quite interesting to see) Best option imo

Or have a way to just select all your choices before hand (as you already know what the convo is and what you want to say, and just have it autopilot your rolls.) Least Likely option

KingB
12.21.2011 , 01:10 PM | #17
The way I see it, flashpoints are about loot. The story gets you in well enough to know why you're fighting through; and honestly, I find Black Talon pretty tedious any more, having seen all the dialogue options. Flashpoints are optional content (barely), and you can't expect that every one of them is going to have a totally engrossing story.
Yeah, I was in beta. Not really a big deal, it's just that it makes me kind of a big deal.

ninja_x
12.21.2011 , 01:15 PM | #18
I skip a lot of conversations unless it's a hot girl, insane person, or interesting droid talking.

I just want my light-side points and purples.
I'm getting a raging clue!

Yorumi
12.21.2011 , 01:19 PM | #19
I don't get it, you have the option to skip story in any flashpoint. Where's my option to add story to all these boring as hell flashpoints? It doesn't exist, that's kind of mean, make sure no one can enjoy a story because after the 10th time it got a tad dull, makes perfect sense.

Honestly if you're actually running a flashpoint so often the story gets tedious, perhaps run it with a pre-made who will skip, or go do something else to level up. Given the leveling speed does level 15 loot really matter? Oh no you spent the 3 hours leveling 15-20 in greens vs purples, oh the horror.

Flashpoints where sold as story areas, not useless grind dungeons, I actually kind of figured heroics would be that. I guess they figured they'd just bait and switch with the flashpoints since it gets so much better press coverage showing off taral V and esseles rather than telling the truth and showing off hammer station, athiss, raiders, etc which are in fact the majority of the flashpoints.

BaronOfWar
12.21.2011 , 02:13 PM | #20
Dont judge all the games later content on Hammer and Athis. They were added really late in the beta. There are still some good ones!
--Baron (or some similar spelling)

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."