Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW- Your PAYING CUSTOMERS need answers....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
BW- Your PAYING CUSTOMERS need answers....

Zaknaffien
04.28.2013 , 09:16 AM | #1
BW - This is getting ridiculous. Why not TALK to the community and tell us what the heck is going on with the MAJOR issues that people are constantly informing you guys about. There a more than a handful of posts that you continually ignore. Let's go down the list of biggest customer complaints/issues shall we:

1 - FIX YOUR CREDIT CARD SYSTEM. One too many folks are having issues trying to buy coins. Having to call customer service to "try" and fix the issue does no good most of the time. Put out actual CM game cards folks can purchase at Gamestop/Best Buy/Target/WalMart...whatever store. Allow the use of pre-paid credit cards. Get rid of the lock out for purchasing CC's, when people can purchase them.

2 - Fix the wait time when calling you customer service department. Having to wait 30-45 minutes and beyond is insane. Having to actually PAY for the call is even worse. Get a Customer Service number that is toll free. Hire more Customer Service employees and TRAIN them on how to fix issues instead of the standard "wait 24 hrs".

3 - Get rid of the useless items in the CM packs. I've said it before and will continue to say it, Jawa-grams, emotes, over issued belts/bracers/boots need to go. Add some variety and imagination in the things you do put out. Recoloring armor items and calling them new is NOT cutting it. I will give you this though. The speeders/vehicles you do come up with are very cool. Just need better drop chances on them.

4 - Implement Character Transfers. This issue has been requested for nearly a year now with no solid answer that I can find. Every other MMO is able to do this, why not this one? I see new posts DAILY from customers with no answer from BW. And SOON or COMING SOON is not an answer. It's a smoke screen.

5 - Add more things for Guilds to make them worthwhile to be in. Yes, the +5% increase to XP for being in a guild is nice but really, that is ALL you get. Yes, being in a guild makes it easier to find groups, I'll give you that. BUT, that is ALL there is. What sort of things can we look forward to? Also, lower the cost of opening a Guild Bank. For crying out loud, 600k is an insane amount for a Guild Bank start up.

Here are a few issues that I also notice do not get enough attention that I KNOW will help this game tremendously:
1 - A type of summoning while in a Flash Point (or in general). Being able to summon someone to you when you are half way through would be fantastic when they are at the beginning.

2 - Customizing your Ship interior. Since we have ships that we basically live in let us customize them to our liking.

3 - Customizing our Companions talents. What I mean by this is give them actual full talent trees that WE can choose how they are spec'd.

That is about all for now. Thanks in advance for listening/reading.
To be the man you have to beat the man.

KuroshimaiHD
04.28.2013 , 09:54 AM | #2
I agree with every point there, ESPECIALLY 4.
If I start up RIFT right now, I can transfer a character to any server I want, and it's instantaneous. No payment, no nothing. It just works. Bioware have SHOWN that they have a system capable of transferring large amount of characters at one time when they consolidated the servers, there is no reason why character transfers haven't been implemented yet. I

Toxxo
04.28.2013 , 10:07 AM | #3
I concur,completely. I LOVE this game and I am happy to pay a subscription to play it. But when something goes wrong, we need poitive affirmative action to put that issue right and to make us feel like our custom is valued. When we get told to "Contact customer services" - ok, sure - but is there any point if when we can actually get through to them, they have NO IDEA what to do?

IngeDanielsen
04.29.2013 , 03:58 AM | #4
Well pointed. Can't agree more.

KhealThar
04.29.2013 , 04:51 AM | #5
I find it very odd that a company such as EA isn't making it their top priority to fix something like people being unable to give them money.
Those who beg for mercy are too weak to deserve it.

Foxrynn
04.29.2013 , 07:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KhealThar View Post
I find it very odd that a company such as EA isn't making it their top priority to fix something like people being unable to give them money.
They were named "Worst Company in America" for a reason.
"...live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide."

deltadt
04.29.2013 , 09:36 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxrynn View Post
They were named "Worst Company in America" for a reason.
they don't care about there customers which is not a good attitude. im at 24 days of sub time left and im thinking this game hurts under 2.0 with the space travel costs. and i was doing my jedi knight story on belsavis and i get to a part of it that is fail if killed. it's bad enough in sidequests i put those down as do not play because it is annoying as hell. for that to be in a class quest it really makes you wonder did monkeys make this game and add in the silly/stupid sidequests as well. it makes me shake my head.

p.s foxrynn i like your sig. i watched act of valor for the second time this year 5 days ago.

TylKarthEndu
04.29.2013 , 11:03 AM | #8
I agree with this post. I have been a paying customer for about a year now. I joined during the play til lvl 15 free and by the end oft he day I was level 15 and paying for a subscription. I've never missed a month since and have bought extra cartel coins at least a dozen times.

Lets start with how heavily I agree with number 3. The wasted items in these Cartel Packs are INSANE. Cartel Packs are generally paid for by Cartel Coins which are generally paid for by cash. There is nothing worse than spending $20.00 on a handful of jawagrams and thul statesmen packs. The rolls for these have gotten worse as of late.

In addition to number 4 why can we not change character names. Heck make it a purchasable item or something that comes from Cartel Packs. People have been asking for this forever. Some of us had to change our names without warning and in haste have chosen a name we despise!

I would LOVE to be able to customize my ship and companion trees. Would love to continue my companion story lines as many of them end in cliff hangers. I have also had some ideas for improving the quality of being in a guild.

I open PVP areas there should be the ability to purchase guild bases. They should be expensive and you should be able to purchase turrets, guards, etc. This would make for interesting guild wars in these open PVP areas where bases can be stolen (the time it takes to fully steal a base should be between 8-12 hours so no one can simply do this on off hours). This would bring an interesting aspect to the guild life. You will have to give benefits for owning a base (possibly a free repair droid inside, respec, discounted vendors, etc). There should be a warning from the base guard that tells when base is under attack. Make it fun, draw more people to open PVP areas.

I would also like to see the following implemented:

Why does our protocol droid have to be preselected? Why can't we buy one from the fleet and choose our own when earning our ship.

Why are crystals not being upgraded to level 55?
WillTurner - Lvl 55 Sentinel - DPS : JoshameeGibbs - Lvl 55 Sniper - DPS
JackSparrah - Lvl 55 Scoundrel - Healer : LizSwann - Lvl 55 Sorcerer - Healer
HectorBarbossa - Lvl 55 Vanguard - Tank : DavyJones - Lvl 55 Juggernaut - Tank
TiaDalma - Lvl 55 Shadow - DPS : CutlerBeckett - Lvl 55 Mercenary - DPS

Kazya
04.29.2013 , 01:44 PM | #9
Quote:
Why are crystals not being upgraded to level 55?
Bioware said a long time ago they'd rather have the crystals as more of a cosmetic than stat upgrade. They were thinking about just completely taking the stat off of them, but I haven't seen anything more on the subject as of late.
Dark Alliance- Trust is Earned, Not Given.
-DA- Informations Officer

Thylbanus
04.29.2013 , 02:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaknaffien View Post
BW - This is getting ridiculous. Why not TALK to the community and tell us what the heck is going on with the MAJOR issues that people are constantly informing you guys about. There a more than a handful of posts that you continually ignore. Let's go down the list of biggest customer complaints/issues shall we:

1 - FIX YOUR CREDIT CARD SYSTEM. One too many folks are having issues trying to buy coins. Having to call customer service to "try" and fix the issue does no good most of the time. Put out actual CM game cards folks can purchase at Gamestop/Best Buy/Target/WalMart...whatever store. Allow the use of pre-paid credit cards. Get rid of the lock out for purchasing CC's, when people can purchase them.
You can use prepaid credit cards/gift cards. You just need to go to the credit card company's website and log your information in order to use. Contact the card provider to find out how. I'm sure that this is their number one priority on the business end of things, but that is an EA issue not BW. So they have completely different teams.

Quote:
2 - Fix the wait time when calling you customer service department. Having to wait 30-45 minutes and beyond is insane. Having to actually PAY for the call is even worse. Get a Customer Service number that is toll free. Hire more Customer Service employees and TRAIN them on how to fix issues instead of the standard "wait 24 hrs".
Ha! This IS an improvement. It used to take 3-4 hrs, 5-6 hrs. on high call volume days.

Quote:
3 - Get rid of the useless items in the CM packs. I've said it before and will continue to say it, Jawa-grams, emotes, over issued belts/bracers/boots need to go. Add some variety and imagination in the things you do put out. Recoloring armor items and calling them new is NOT cutting it. I will give you this though. The speeders/vehicles you do come up with are very cool. Just need better drop chances on them.
Some people like them, some don't. Don't judge. I have a guildmate that loves jawas and buys all the jawagrams that I get in packs. Personally I like the belts, bracers,...etc. I'm a bit of a fasionista.

Quote:
4 - Implement Character Transfers. This issue has been requested for nearly a year now with no solid answer that I can find. Every other MMO is able to do this, why not this one? I see new posts DAILY from customers with no answer from BW. And SOON or COMING SOON is not an answer. It's a smoke screen.
This is one of their biggest screwups when selecting the HeroEngine as they did not design the system they weren't aware of the full functionality. Unfortunatly those that did are the original programmers of the game and they have since gone the way of the dodo. Now even the designers of the HeroEngine don't know how to help them. It's back to basics and they have a long road ahead of them. Implementing server transfer at customer discression would possibly cause game destroying errors if done improperly. Remember, this is BW first MMO. They have made classic noob mistakes. The idea of server transfers was as likely as going F2P in their minds. They actually thought they were going to compete with WoW right out of the gate.

Quote:
5 - Add more things for Guilds to make them worthwhile to be in. Yes, the +5% increase to XP for being in a guild is nice but really, that is ALL you get. Yes, being in a guild makes it easier to find groups, I'll give you that. BUT, that is ALL there is. What sort of things can we look forward to? Also, lower the cost of opening a Guild Bank. For crying out loud, 600k is an insane amount for a Guild Bank start up.
Guild love has been called for and again is one of the many noob mistakes they made by no understanding MMO gamers. The 5% is probably meant as a "Hey guys! We acknowledge that you want this, but we have to figure out what to do first. Here is a cookie to tide you over until we do." As for the cost, it's meant to be prohibitive. A single person is not intended to be able to start or support this. This is to prevent some deluded idea of abuse of system. It is why you need 4 unguilded players to start a guild. 150,000 cr per player isn't way out of the ball park for many. It would just take one run at Black Hole or Section X to obtain.

Quote:
Here are a few issues that I also notice do not get enough attention that I KNOW will help this game tremendously:
1 - A type of summoning while in a Flash Point (or in general). Being able to summon someone to you when you are half way through would be fantastic when they are at the beginning.

2 - Customizing your Ship interior. Since we have ships that we basically live in let us customize them to our liking.

3 - Customizing our Companions talents. What I mean by this is give them actual full talent trees that WE can choose how they are spec'd.

That is about all for now. Thanks in advance for listening/reading.
All good points, but number 3. It would be cool, but ultimatly it would be out of character that Kaliyo or Khem would be have a focus on Synthweaving or something. I don't see them as the sewing type.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson