Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

Meowzette
04.26.2013 , 07:52 PM | #81
I'm posting what I did to give those who are having trouble with this mission, some hope - and probably a chuckle or two at my dumb***** luck for actually finishing it.

It took me two frustrating evenings, and I died 5 times before I beat it. I was playing my Level 55 Inquisitor who was wearing (1) Pristine Artifact Item, and the rest were an assortment of 51s and 58s. I gave up using HK (my best geared) on night two and after wipe #3. I pulled out Talos Drellik who was wearing (3) Level 50 blue items, mods as low as 34, implants at 37, and his earpiece was 38 (these are all green). Needless to say I was only hoping he'd keep me alive long enough to figure out where the generators were I was supposed to be throwing the Isotope rods at. I knew the general area where they were *supposed* to be, but repeated attempts at finding them failed. I died during attempt 4 finally finding the generators.

My humble suggestions are stay under the droids belly - its easier to stay out of his AoEs; The Laser he uses is easy enough to avoid with line of sight, just hide behind the columns; Talos rarely if ever took damage, I just kept toggling him out of laser range so he stayed by my side. Targeting the recharge droids is hellish, tabbing didn't work; I kept a "bleeder" on the boss and targeted the recharge droids when they ran out while I waited for the orange force fields behind the Boss to go down.

Now for the Isotope rods - after you kill a recharge droid you get a yellow light indicating you can scavenge the rod, pick one up (you'll have to pick one up twice). There are two rooms found in the back wall behind the boss, initially they'll each have their own orange force field engaged. You can only gain access to what's in these rooms when the force fields are down (one at a time). As you look into each of the rooms, the generators are against the left wall of the left room, and the right wall of the right room. Mousing over the generators (with an isotope rod in your inventory and the force field down) did NOT cause them to highlight and be clickable. I had to place my mouse in the center of the generator (so maybe 2/3rds down from the roof of the generator room) until it highlighted the generator. This was VERY persnickety - I had to have my mouse in the very center of the top edge of the generator for it to highlight and then be clickable. Maybe it was a bug in my instances, but after finally figuring out this little "trick" it was simple enough to disable both generators and beat down the boss.

Hope that helps someone. Good luck!
Begeren Colony - The Godwyne Legacy
Guild Master - Council of Dragons / Light in the Darkness

Sziroten
04.28.2013 , 12:14 PM | #82
Only problem as lightning sorc is the *********** line of sight..... droid stands right next to you but keeps telling you can't see the target.... right damn next to you.... . I also didn't bother with the droping of whatever you get from these droids as the laserdoors were closed all the time or I couldn't find be bothered as I had to adjust the lag which caused me to constantly get the red circle while killing the droids with force storm (which wasn't that hard).... .....

DesmoLegacy
04.28.2013 , 12:19 PM | #83
Use Heroic moment or something...if you can't beat the horribly easy single player content then you must be horrible at this game. Please stay out of WZ's.
Ducatii - 50 Marauder | Ducatista - 50 Operative
Dain'ese - 50 Juggernaut | Ducatisti - 50 Sniper
D'ucati - 50 Sentinel | Duc'ati - 50 Sage | Enduro - 50 Vanguard

AshlaBoga
04.28.2013 , 12:28 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by DesmoLegacy View Post
Use Heroic moment or something...if you can't beat the horribly easy single player content then you must be horrible at this game. Please stay out of WZ's.
A lot of the posters here seem to be trying it at level 52 or 53. I can understand having trouble with content 3 levels above you.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Seireeni
04.28.2013 , 12:29 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by DesmoLegacy View Post
Just to annoy you, I'll keep playing those warzones. Mwahaahahahahaha.

AngelCath
04.29.2013 , 02:10 AM | #86
I figured something out about him when I tried to kill him the other night.
If you run around long enough without actually killing him just focusing on staying alive and keeping your companion alive while trying to find the generators and kill an occasional refueling droid - he actually runs out of droids.
I'm not sure if they planned it that way or just set a high finite number thinking no idiot would make the fight last that long. Either way that's how it is.
I was hiding behind my pillar and suddenly realizing not much was going on, peeked out and saw him just standing there all alone. He was quite easy to take down after that.

Did it at level 54 as a sorc btw, a whole 6k xp from level 55, kicked myself a bit about that part, you do get some useful upgrades to your skills at 55.

zzoorrzz
04.29.2013 , 02:17 AM | #87
I wonder why nobody here mentioned activating turrets. After u kill all his droids, you can just run upstaris, keep activating turrets, avoiding aoe and not fight him at all. When you feel he's an easy prey already, then go finish him.

Tekkoclarky
04.29.2013 , 04:30 AM | #88
Finally got round to doing this yesterday as a level 54 BH Merc with Mako. In 140 gear, everyone should be in this gear since it is more than easy to obtain through commendations.

I couldn't believe how easy it was, I was expecting a challenge, but I one shot it easily. He barely does any damage, all you have to do is kill adds, attack him and avoid a big red dot on the floor. I ignored the loot that the adds drop, not sure what the deal is with that.

I'm sure it would be just as easy at level 53.

Are people just that bad?

xhii
04.29.2013 , 04:57 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Ooloi View Post
Don't run around in greens, and be in at least 63s by this point - if you are not you are seriously undergeared. all purple 63s/66s would be better, honestly, which you can get by running flashpoints.
I did it on my level 53 no-gear, no-companion Sorcerer last weekend (fruit of the last double-exp weekend and half-naked from playing warzones under nekkid bolster). Wearing some purple planet comm lv50 mods at best. Khem Val died early on during the fight, so I just spent most of the battle facetanking in front of the Archon, force-storming repair droids, using damage procs on boss and healing myself up when necessary. Destroyed the consoles and ran away from red stuff. This fight is definitely not a gear check.
The Teatime Legacy
For delicious server gossip, visit The Progenitor, made of cookies and cat memes.
operative tua | sage chua | pt tea

Gavida
04.29.2013 , 05:21 AM | #90
My Operative was 54 at the time he encountered the Archon.
I wouldn't say I suck playing the Operative, but it is challenging for me.
So maybe it would be ok to say "I am not very good at playing my Operative".
The first time, I got my butt handed to my by the Archon, because I didn't really know what I was doing
and (like stated above), I can't handle the Operative too well.

In the second go, I managed to defeat him, it took quite some time and it was a thrilling excperience to fight a tough fight. But even I managed to take him down
I had Lokin with me at the time, because I am in no way able to keep a tanking companion alive (SCORPIO and Kaliyo frequently are defeated during my exploits on Makeb).
Maybe it would have been easier with Temple, I did not try that option.

So, if even I can do it, then so can you!