Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

Ti-Lee
04.28.2013 , 01:59 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
Needs to be nerfd.. Finding a group is almost impossible, and then when you get to the last boss and you wipe everyone quits and you have to look for another group for the next 2-4 days with absolutely 0 whispers..

It's bull crap.. it should be nerfd so it can be 2 manned
I think so to I have been able to solo all to this point i should not have to get in a group to finish but I would be ok with two man
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Sylvidre
04.28.2013 , 04:58 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyysjan View Post
Only the console requires a quest holder, other buttons can be pressed by non questers.
But it seems the quest bugs at the 4 droids before last boss unless everyone does not have the quest, which stopped my group on it's tracks tonight.
My guild encountered the same problem. The "funny" thing is : one of our guildmates (who had not done the quest yet) helped another group to finish it (no problem) and that group helped him to do the whole quest after that and encountered no problem to finish it. It prooves that it is possible to finish the quest even if one or more people in the group have yet completed it.

Tonight 4 of my guildmates (the one who had done it before and 3 other who where excatly at the same step of the quest) tried the quest and where stuck after the 4 droids before the last boss (they killed the droids and nothing happened). They tried to reinitialize... same problem after the droids.

Another bug they noticed : the droid just after the light bridge wasn't active (they walked by it and went to the 4 droid room, couldn't even select it). Our guidmate who had done it before said : the first time when he helped people doing it the droid was inavctive but when he did his second session (to complete his quest) the droid was active...

Seems really more a bug to me than a simple "only people who haven't finished the quest can do it"

(sorry for my approximate english... and hello from France )
L'Escadron Apocalypse
guilde pve - Mantle of the Force

Nyysjan
04.29.2013 , 03:04 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylvidre View Post
My guild encountered the same problem. The "funny" thing is : one of our guildmates (who had not done the quest yet) helped another group to finish it (no problem) and that group helped him to do the whole quest after that and encountered no problem to finish it. It prooves that it is possible to finish the quest even if one or more people in the group have yet completed it.

Tonight 4 of my guildmates (the one who had done it before and 3 other who where excatly at the same step of the quest) tried the quest and where stuck after the 4 droids before the last boss (they killed the droids and nothing happened). They tried to reinitialize... same problem after the droids.

Another bug they noticed : the droid just after the light bridge wasn't active (they walked by it and went to the 4 droid room, couldn't even select it). Our guidmate who had done it before said : the first time when he helped people doing it the droid was inavctive but when he did his second session (to complete his quest) the droid was active...

Seems really more a bug to me than a simple "only people who haven't finished the quest can do it"

(sorry for my approximate english... and hello from France )
Yes, it's a bug, i said it was a bug in my post.
Not everyone will get it, but that does not make it any less annoying to the people it does happen, especially as how hard it can be to find a group for it.

Putting a heroic 4 man at the end a long chain of solo quests is bad design, and certain to annoy fairly large chunk of the people doing it.
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

Never_Hesitate
04.29.2013 , 03:49 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Ti-Lee View Post
I think so to I have been able to solo all to this point i should not have to get in a group to finish but I would be ok with two man
1. A two man group is still a group
2. Did you complain about the ilum quest chain containing False emperor and Battle for Ilum? (Both 4-man's at the end of a solo quest chain)
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Helig
04.29.2013 , 04:12 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
People really need to look at this from different point of view. Sure putting H4 at the end of solo chain is unorthodox, maybe even unfair. But that's life, deal with it or walk away. Life isn't fair either. These quests push the game experience to the next level IMO and it would be shame to trivialize them in any way. And when u actually do it, u have good feeling about that hard work u put into it and the unique reward or a title u get has some value compared to others.
Like, toooooooooootally deep, duuuuude. /slow high-five
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

iEuthanasia
04.29.2013 , 04:39 AM | #66
Honestly, they should have just released 2 versions of SWTOR. The current model and one called KotoR 3. Then everyone that feels the need to try and remove any semblance of MMO out of the MMO can have their cake without needing to create a forum topic about every piece of content outside of Operations.

Hybridial
04.29.2013 , 05:16 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
2. Did you complain about the ilum quest chain containing False emperor and Battle for Ilum? (Both 4-man's at the end of a solo quest chain)
False and Battle are repeatable and in the group finder so it's easier to find a group.
Hybridial (55) Sith Sorcerer -------- Hybridiag (29) Jedi Sage
Hybridiax (42) Sith Juggernaut ---- Hybridiar (55) Jedi Guardian
Hybridiac (55) Powertech ----------- Hybridian (55) Commando
Hybridiaw (55) Sniper --------------- Hybridiad (29) Scoundrel

Never_Hesitate
04.29.2013 , 05:43 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Hybridial View Post
False and Battle are repeatable and in the group finder so it's easier to find a group.
It's easier but who in the right mind would list for BOI at this time in the game?

I think getting a group for BOI sm is just as hard as getting a group for the other two h4's

(False Emp is a bit easier, but it's still pretty hard to get a group, because of the hk-part)
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Sylvidre
04.29.2013 , 06:14 AM | #69
Yes, it's a bug, i said it was a bug in my post.
Not everyone will get it, but that does not make it any less annoying to the people it does happen, especially as how hard it can be to find a group for it.
My post wasn't an attack against yours sorry if it looked like it did. I quoted it because it described exactly the situation of my guildmates.

Putting a heroic 4 man at the end a long chain of solo quests is bad design, and certain to annoy fairly large chunk of the people doing it.
I don't agree on this point (because if I want to play solo I don't load on a MMO) The fact is that if the quest wasn't bugged it would be a lot less annoying ^^
L'Escadron Apocalypse
guilde pve - Mantle of the Force

Ti-Lee
04.29.2013 , 09:09 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
1 I know 2man is still a group never said it wasn't.
2 I'm not complaing I just dont understand why i should have to get in a group to finish a quest chain thats end is not repetable.
3 2mans are for the most part have the ablity to be soloed.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.