Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm Finding it Hard to Play a Dark Side Character, Suggestions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
I'm Finding it Hard to Play a Dark Side Character, Suggestions?

Arkonor
04.28.2013 , 10:07 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Not really, effective torture breaks the will, which can then be bent to your bidding. So it is a form of mind control, The pain is just a medium through which it is excerted, not that the person feeling the pain would agree.
It doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information. People can say anything to avoid the pain. If you don't have time enough to check that information, it's better to dig in their thoughs

Beniboybling
04.28.2013 , 11:14 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkonor View Post
It doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information. People can say anything to avoid the pain. If you don't have time enough to check that information, it's better to dig in their thoughs
True, but if they have the information your looking for, that's the first thing they are going to tell you. In fact it would require more thought and more bravery to lie.

But of course if they don't know anything its just a waste of time, nonetheless my SI have never tortured anyone who doesn't have something he wants.

Torture also has other uses (don't I sound like a sadisitc evildoer) it can instil fear in your enemies, and loyalty in allies and vice versa. In fact normally its used to get someone to do something, rather than tell you something Which is much more effective than attempting to reason with them, or promise to give them something.

Pietrastor
04.28.2013 , 08:15 PM | #63
Role-play your character as one wanting to change the Empire from the inside for better. Not sure how it is with Warrior and BH, but Inquisitor and Agent both have multiple options to directly state in the game that this is what they want to do/their goal

Evilenzo
04.29.2013 , 04:05 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Then perhaps you should approach the story differently. Your original backstory is a good one, but here's another, one the SW story itself facilitates for:

You are a Sith, but you are not evil. Upon beginning your training you quickly became disenchanted with the Sith ways (as you as a person have). But instead of defecting from the Empire which you hold in such high esteem, you attempt to reform it from the inside, by rising in power and influence and making yourself an example to others. It is not always necessarily to slaughter innocents, torture, back stab and betray, your enemies can be used, converted to the other side. Have you played KOTOR 2? If so adopt Kreia's policy 'do not adhere to a single idea' adapt to the situation as you see fit and do what you think is right. I'm sure you'll end up with a very interesting character who if rolled male, gives a lot of options for Vette and LS Jaesa. (LS Jaesa will be a boon to developing your character and emphasising on this stand point, as her philosophy would mimic yours.)

SI can be done in a similar way, though I'd suggest SW first. Just remember, playing LS Empire works a lot better than playing DS Republic, you'll soon find that. LS DS choices are there for a reason, so you can develop your own personal character, and that's whoever you want it to be.
That's exactly the way i play my Warrior! :-D
Minadar, Sith Juggernaut, The Red Eclipse.

AlaricSevGirl
04.29.2013 , 12:31 PM | #65
My jugg is middle of the line neutral. My sorc is a total beotch, lol. You don't have to play a Sith as all bad.
GSS Legacy, Jedi Covenant

lironBD
05.01.2013 , 05:01 AM | #66
1. Pick sith inquisitor \ sorcerer \ sith pure blood
2. choose every dialog starting with [shock]
3.????
4. WIN!
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

Arkonor
05.01.2013 , 07:32 AM | #67
Another example of how it's good for the Empire to chose LS options sometimes is in Balmorra. If you save the republic hero and his men, then he acknoledges the help they got from the Republic. The people's reaction to that is a major boost for the Empire