Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Huttball Championships - Rebels vs Separatists

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Huttball Championships - Rebels vs Separatists

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
04.28.2013 , 05:08 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Its not, really. They're simply meant to be ground forces from each team that are fairly equal in combat. I feel commando droids are a match for Alliance SpecForces.

Anyways, it would seem its time to call this soon and I will do so as soon as I have time.
ok well for my closing argument then As you can see from my analyzation of possible tactics of different ball carriers of both the sep team on page 10 and the rebel team on page 12 The seps I dont see have any sure fire way to get the ball over the line though they do have several possible ways all of these way can be shut down with or with out R2 being in the middle, R2 in the middle on the other hand almost garentees a shut down. While the rebels do have 2 ways to get a sure fire score along with just as many possibles because of this I feel it much more likely that the rebels can score obviously for this reason I think rebels win.

On a side note I do not believe R2 has to plug in for long to create havic and turn the game in favor of the rebels we have seen it time and again the little R2 unit is always underestimated and before the empire or the seperatists realize it time and time again he has gotten the heroes out of bad situations with the rebels playing fairly evenly and fighting evenly with out R2 being taken into consideration, his contribution however small will feel like a tidal wave that tips the scales in the rebels favor. He is the Deus Ex Machina of star wars with the arogance of the seps he will go unnoticed until its to late and they have already lost or he has already done the damadge that he needed to do. At the end I think R2 is what will win the day for the rebels.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
04.28.2013 , 09:37 AM | #132
Beni, to your knowledge, has luke ever used Pyrokenisis?
Could he bend the fire in the traps, or set it alight to his whim?
No one has mentioned this, but Lukes greatest strength is he can use force powers that he has never studied in depth, just knows its possible and makes it happen...

If he can, this game is over.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
04.28.2013 , 09:39 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Beni, to your knowledge, has luke ever used Pyrokenisis?
Could he bend the fire in the traps, or set it alight to his whim?
No one has mentioned this, but Lukes greatest strength is he can use force powers that he has never studied in depth, just knows its possible and makes it happen...

If he can, this game is over.
I don't believe Luke has been shown to use Pyrokinesis, but Leia said that he taught her how to do it. Though I doubt he knew how to do it during ROTJ.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
04.28.2013 , 09:54 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I don't believe Luke has been shown to use Pyrokinesis, but Leia said that he taught her how to do it. Though I doubt he knew how to do it during ROTJ.
He didn't, the powers he knew up to ROTJ are..

TK

Force Jump

Force Speed

Force Push/Pull

Force Valor

Mind Trick/Mind Control/Hypnosis

Force Deflection

Beast Control

Telepathy

Precognition/Farsight/Vision

Levitation

Force Absorb
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
04.28.2013 , 10:27 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
He didn't, the powers he knew up to ROTJ are..

TK

Force Jump

Force Speed

Force Push/Pull

Force Valor

Mind Trick/Mind Control/Hypnosis

Force Deflection

Beast Control

Telepathy

Precognition

Levitation

Force Absorb
I dont know if you count this in telekentics like I do but if you didnt you missed Force crush/force Choke

Also to a point you missed Control Pain and Force enhanced Strength and endurance but I think those are fairly common any way. Other then that ya thats a pretty spot on list I cant think of anything thats missing or anything that shouldnt be there.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
04.28.2013 , 10:44 AM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I dont know if you count this in telekentics like I do but if you didnt you missed Force crush/force Choke

Also to a point you missed Control Pain and Force enhanced Strength and endurance but I think those are fairly common any way. Other then that ya thats a pretty spot on list I cant think of anything thats missing or anything that shouldnt be there.
Ya I was lumping in the Choke with TK, probably should have done it with Push/Pull too but meh. Though ya he did also know how to use The Force to enhance his body but thats pretty basic so I didn't feel the need to put it there, but its pretty covered if he knows Force Speed/Jump/Valor, that he would know how to enhance his body anyway.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
04.28.2013 , 10:46 AM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ya I was lumping in the Choke with TK, probably should have done it with Push/Pull too but meh. Though ya he did also know how to use The Force to enhance his body but thats pretty basic so I didn't feel the need to put it there, but its pretty covered if he knows Force Speed/Jump/Valor, that he would know how to enhance his body anyway.
Ya i Figured just wanted to make sure their was no confusion cus you know how things can get.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
04.28.2013 , 12:07 PM | #138
Ok well that one's clarified....
Beni, if R2 was to hack into a flame duct at the Frogdog side of the map, would he be able to access all flame vents everywhere? or just on his half? Or what...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
04.28.2013 , 12:18 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Ok well that one's clarified....
Beni, if R2 was to hack into a flame duct at the Frogdog side of the map, would he be able to access all flame vents everywhere? or just on his half? Or what...
R2 can only hack into the fire trap network from the base of the Huttball holder. Which gives him unlimited access to all the traps.

GarfieldJL's Avatar


GarfieldJL
04.28.2013 , 12:49 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
R2 can only hack into the fire trap network from the base of the Huttball holder. Which gives him unlimited access to all the traps.
Okay the Seperatists are in serious trouble then...

All things considered, the Rebels probably have this in the bag. I've noticed Galen seems to get stronger when he is protecting others, so threatening allies with Galen on the field is the absolute worst tactic you can try.

As far as Luke Skywalker of RotJ, Luke wasn't out to kill Vader, he was trying to avoid it. If Vader had just been some random Sith, Luke would have just taken him down and try to save him if the guy survived the fight... Btw, Luke was probably taught some Ataru (it was Yoda's specialty after all) and definately would have learned Shii-cho (the youngling style). If Luke learned Djem So, he'd also know Shien (which was an offshoot of sorseu).

Add the devious nature of R2-D2 to all of this, and he'd probably be activating and deactivating traps to deliberately catch seperatists in them, I can just see Grievous being char-broiled by R2-D2.

Galen utilized Juyo primarily which is an aggressive style but he also knew shien along with other saber forms. Luke used Djem So, which is the worst form for Dooku to go against if the wielder is very skilled.

Luke vs. Dooku seriously favors Skywalker in the extreme, plus the fact Luke doesn't behave in an obnoxious manner means Dooku is more apt to try enter into his one-on-one duels and would not take kindly to Ventress's interference.

Galen is more apt to use the force to throw people into fire pits, I can see him doing that to Durge and Grievous fairly quickly, and in all honesty I don't think Grievous would impress Galen all that much.