Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how do u beat Toborro's bot in "taking on Toborro"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
how do u beat Toborro's bot in "taking on Toborro"

belhawk
04.19.2013 , 01:49 PM | #1
my consular keeps gettin 1 hit killed by heat beams. How do i kill the bot?
cpu: intel i7 3820 w/8 gigs ram monitor: Asus 24" PB 278
gpu: 2x eVGA gtx 780 w/347.52 O/S: Win 7 64bit
audio: Sound Blaster ZX case: CM Storm

Axe_Faktor
04.19.2013 , 04:46 PM | #2
I recommend staying in close. Like as tight to the bot as you can.

Once it starts charging the one shot beam, it won't turn to follow you. So what I did was just run through it as soon as the charge started, and just hang out behind it until the blast is over. Lather, rinse, repeat.
The Dredd Legacy - POT5: Axelson - Vanguard, Tyrax - Juggernaut, Despetycus - Assassin , Soleno - Sentinel, Half-squat - Scoundrel

SilverMagnum
04.25.2013 , 12:45 PM | #3
There's a red targeting icon on the ground (where you're standing when the cast starts), move out of it and you'll be fine

It was rather embarrassing for me for me the first time I fought him with my half basic, half BiS DG gunslinger... figured there was no way he could kill me so I just stood in place and was DPSing... and yep, sure enough got melted pretty bad.

So just keep an eye out for the target on the ground and move out of it and you'll be alright
Colt - Victarion - Artessia - Corana - Slyde: The Gamble Legacy
Imperial Officer: Remnants of Hope / Vestige of Despair
Transcendence

dewback_rancher
04.25.2013 , 08:35 PM | #4
Thanks to the advice in this thread, when I faced it for the first time just a little while ago with my Shadow, had no trouble at all. It was almost disappointingly easy since I knew what to avoid.

There were guard droids outside the palace that were more of a challenge than Toborro's droid if you know what to do. Almost ridiculous if you think about it, and definitely anticlimactic.
"If you know you're going to make an idiot out of yourself in public, you might as well have FUN with it!"
-me, on my philosophy on life

ZoeTuah
04.27.2013 , 08:19 AM | #5
Walk straight through him and stand behind him. No need to even strafe since there's no collision detection. Force Speed helps a bunch if you're slowed.

And yeah, stay in melee range.

thatghost
04.27.2013 , 11:16 AM | #6
Or LoS the droid. There's a standing banner near the entrance to the room, on the droid's side. Stay behind that- it can't hit you back there- pop out and smack the thing in between its main attacks, let your companion do the rest since the one-shot beam doesn't affect companions (might work better with a healer comp; in my case, my sent had Doc out, he'd get hit by the minor attack, heal himself, shoot the droid, I'd scurry out, take a few swipes, rinse repeat, over in about 3 minutes).

Not the most heroic of tactics but I just wanted it over and done with

dewback_rancher
04.27.2013 , 01:41 PM | #7
And since the OP is a Consular, definitely use your Heroic ability. That's what I did, as a Consular myself, and also used the advice in here. As I said earlier, all of this combined made it ridiculously easy compared to certain Consular class story bosses.
"If you know you're going to make an idiot out of yourself in public, you might as well have FUN with it!"
-me, on my philosophy on life

Xyeth
04.30.2013 , 08:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by thatghost View Post
Or LoS the droid. There's a standing banner near the entrance to the room, on the droid's side. Stay behind that- it can't hit you back there- pop out and smack the thing in between its main attacks, let your companion do the rest since the one-shot beam doesn't affect companions (might work better with a healer comp; in my case, my sent had Doc out, he'd get hit by the minor attack, heal himself, shoot the droid, I'd scurry out, take a few swipes, rinse repeat, over in about 3 minutes).

Not the most heroic of tactics but I just wanted it over and done with
Just tried standing behind the banner and was killed in the first shot. Did they make some changes?

Edit - Just tried running behind it and also died. Once he slows me down I can't seem to stay out of the way. I'm trying this as a trooper.
The Shadowlands Server

_Motoki_
05.01.2013 , 08:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Xyeth View Post
Just tried standing behind the banner and was killed in the first shot. Did they make some changes?

Edit - Just tried running behind it and also died. Once he slows me down I can't seem to stay out of the way. I'm trying this as a trooper.
Same here. Nothing suggested is working for me. I don't know how to prevent his slow status on me and he definitely can shoot the beam through LOS even walls for me.

I'm really frustrated and at my wit's end.

PaniMauser
05.03.2013 , 11:50 AM | #10
I also found that using tank companion helps a lot, since boss is never facing you. Just sit behind the droid and hit it without worrying about mechanics.

Aside from aoe, the droid does little damage, so even not geared companion should survive just fine. If you are dps, you'll kill droid before he kills your tank comp. If you are a healer, you can help your companion survive long enough.

The giant laser that one-shots the players does no damage to companion.