Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lockouts should be removed from story modes

FlyinSpaghetti
04.26.2013 , 07:09 PM | #1
Instead you should be "locked out" from rolling on gear from each boss more than once a week.

The current lockout system is not compatible with group finder, it doesn't matter if you nerf bosses or mobs or even turn the entire ops into a childs playground someone will end up leaving halfway through for whatever reason and that creates a void that's difficult to fill especially after your group has done the first few bosses.

While there is the argument of joining a guild you shouldn't be penalised for not, I've left every guild I've joined due to the fact they are not compatible with when I want to play the game and when I don't, to play outside that turns this into an unpaid job rather than a game, I shouldn't have to play the game when I'm "told" or miss out on content each week.

Also having the story modes without a lockout would mean people who are new to the ops wouldn't have to wait a week before trying it again to figure everything out, they could run them as many times as they like until they get the hang of it without ruining someone's week. It would also provide GM's with a testbed to see if people are quick enough on their feet in the SM ops for the HM's whenever they want.

The benefits of not having lockouts for story modes clearly outweigh the the disadvantages of it... in fact what are the disadvantages?

We've got comms limits, we've got a tried and tested loot limit system (i.e. like the one for f2p players in flashpoints), is there any reason to keep supporting the current content lockout system over a loot limit one similar to the one used for f2p players in flashpoints but for ops?
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Seireeni
04.26.2013 , 07:23 PM | #2
I absolutely hate it when 1 wipe happens, half of the group leaves and I'm locked from 1-2 first bosses. I'd love to be able to run it again so that I would receive no loot from the first bosses but would get it from the later ones.

akakage
04.26.2013 , 07:54 PM | #3
Completely agree with the OP, I would love to see this.

Anysao
04.26.2013 , 09:17 PM | #4
I love ops. This is a genius, if not redundant idea.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

FlyinSpaghetti
04.27.2013 , 12:04 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
I love ops. This is a genius, if not redundant idea.
Redundant or not it needs to happen.

The way group finder ops are now is a bit like drawing straws. You could be lucky and get into a group who either knows what they're doing or have at least enough common sense and some patience to complete the op and know their role, or you could pull the short straw and have a total fail group whom rage quit on the first difficult mob they come across.

It's all very well bioware trying to encourage people to progress together in guilds but for people who don't want that at least for just the story mode ops we have to deal with the fact that we only really get one attempt a week at an op that could go horribly wrong. Once you are locked out of a few bosses and the group breaks up chances are slim at best of continuing it with another group especially after weeklies.

steave
04.27.2013 , 02:31 AM | #6
Run an op with 7 alts and 1 main. Give all the loot to the main.
Now the main swaps to his alt, and one of the alts swap to his main. Go in again, give all loot to the main,
Rinse and repeat and you have everyone fully geared, including set bonus and everything, in the first week.

FlyinSpaghetti
04.27.2013 , 04:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
Run an op with 7 alts and 1 main. Give all the loot to the main.
Now the main swaps to his alt, and one of the alts swap to his main. Go in again, give all loot to the main,
Rinse and repeat and you have everyone fully geared, including set bonus and everything, in the first week.
It seems you replied without actually reading the first post, the problem I'm having is not with gear as the suggestion to counter a removal of the lockouts was made in the first line of my post, and would not provide any difference to the chances of getting loot (as it's technically the same restriction as a lockout as far as loot is concerned).

The problem is the high failure rate of story mode operations in group finder, and the current weekly lockout means either you got to complete it with the random group you've just been assigned or not at all. If only the loot was locked out (for the individual only and not the group) rather than the content it would mean if a group finder group falls apart for whatever reason, you can do as the second poster said and help a new group complete the bosses you've already done (and miss out on a roll for those bosses because you already rolled), then continue on from where you're last group ended getting loot as normal.

Eshmael
04.27.2013 , 05:36 AM | #8
This thread should be a sticky in the suggestionsforum till a bw says that it will be implemented this way in the nearest future.
The "Esh" Legacy - LVL 690

Eternalnight
04.27.2013 , 06:25 AM | #9
nah, just remove TFB and S&V from group finder completely

Seireeni
04.27.2013 , 06:35 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
nah, just remove TFB and S&V from group finder completely
This has happened to me in KP, EV and specially EC, too. I've actually only once completed that cursed EC, because always someone makes 1 mistake and it leads to a wipe and then half of the group runs away.