Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mlbrogueone
04.26.2013 , 06:38 PM | #221
Hood toggle.

That is all. Otherwise I'm very happy. Just keep on cleaning up game performance and putting out new content when you can.

Felioats
04.26.2013 , 07:04 PM | #222
Show tracked space missions on the galaxy map.

It already shows tracked non-space missions when you mouse over a region. Why not space missions?

I'm sick and tired of zooming in and out, trying to find the region with today's daily.
>

LordArtemis
04.26.2013 , 07:14 PM | #223
I would like to mention a few I support in the list (which does not mean I do not support the entire list, just these items are the most important to me personally) with a few notes added on some items by me...

Pazaak & Swoop Racing
Hood Toggle
Armour Dyes
(at least for chest with a limited pallet based on current in game graphic sets for that armor)
Day/Night and Weather Cycles
Legacy Mail
(or at least add legacy names to drop down list in mail)
Cross faction guilds (or guilds based on members instead of characters that can hold both sides)
Barber Shop (Done Right!) & more creation options (new hair, tatoos, jewelry, & species)
PvP and PvE Arena Duels... Tournament structures even (I suppose community could also organize those)
Server Transfers
Dual Spec
(which can be switched on the fly with a small cooldown, also remembers locations of specials and UI setup)
Animal and multi-passenger mounts
Appearance Tabs
LFG Chat Channel
Interactive objects (chairs/beds, in specific areas I assume, like ships/cantinas)
Healing UI Options (Health Text on Focus Target, Target of Focus Target frames, Click to Cast, Mouse-over-healing)
More UI customization (Color change, Raidframes, buffs, debuffs, flashing proc's, fix for mouse over chat/group pane working with keybinds)
Quest Sorting and different color icons for Class and Heroic Missions (on map and above NPC's)
GTN improvements (unit price w. sort)
Mod Vendor improvements (sort, sort by stat, etc.)
Improvements to Crafting
(Suggestions in my sig)
Name Changes
Chat Bubbles with toggle on off
(at least for group use)
Starship 'player housing'
Color and stat crystals separated!
(or just stats removed from crystals and easy augments added instead)

...and here are the ones from me that are not in the list.

Ability for subscribers to earn an extra 100 cartel coins in game each month by in game activities (probably crafting is the best bet, but could also allow subs to purchase coins using credits with a large ration (1000 EC to one CC))

Ability for group leaders to summon group members to the leaders location, with a similar QT cooldown

Animal and droid combatant companions that can be used instead of current companions. They would have certain native abilities and certain ones that could be learned/trained. Think expansion of the HK system without a storyline. This way players could have a truly personalized companion. There are plenty of animals with abilities as well as combat droids in the game.

Ability to summon our other characters as our companion for a short time...call it a "Legacy reinforcement" or something like that. You would be able to call in one of the other members of your legacy to fight by your side for a short time, length of time based on your legacy connection choice with that character.

Solo bolstering in PVE, similar to PVP bolstering for truly solo play ability. Basically the bolster would only work outside of a group and when you have no companion summoned, and would boost only your health and energy pools to add survivability during PVE solo play.

Add multiplayer to current space combat system, both turret play for group members and the ability for members to join you in the pipe in their ship.

Add a persistent space battleground, 3d space flight, BF2 style, with both fighters and personal starship use. Should have both PVE and PVP sections.

Guild capital ships and/or space stations.

Mission generator for bonus daily missions like the one in my sig.

Have all points of interest on a map displayed once you open the map area instead of only close objects with a toggle if you desire to reduce clutter. Also, an ability to zoom the map instead of the cursor zoom option.

Ability to set the order of the characters displayed on my log in screen.

Add ability to truly choose preferred and secondary role in group finder. When the system makes a match based on secondary preference you are prompted if you wish to join or wish to wait for your primary choice. Also, add a list of all players joined at that time in the que with listed preferred and secondary roles and the missions they are qued for.

Add the personal starship improvements listed in my sig.

HelinCarnate
04.26.2013 , 07:28 PM | #224
Just give me a legacy cargo hold so I don't have to mail my stuff back and forth between characters for crafting all the time and Ill be happy.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

CaldaRaric
04.26.2013 , 10:46 PM | #225
I like a lot of these ideas.

I really want to be able to shift-click an item in my inventory while I'm at the GTN to search it, instead of typing in the item's name. When selling all the loot I've brought in from a planet, it gets annoying.

chriscruiz
04.26.2013 , 11:14 PM | #226
What I would like to see!

No Bolster for 55 bracket
Hood Toggle
Guild Tattoos
Rated Warzones Season 1
1 new central hub for each faction based on the same planet
Barber Shop w/ more physical features ( hair styles etc.)
PvP comms/daily vendor moved to the center of the fleet near the bar
Passenger mounts
Animal Mounts
Yoda Race
Wookie Race
Being able to actually sit in chairs
New Hutball maps with new obstacles
CTF game mode for PvP
1v1 PvP arena
Pod Racing
Name Changes
3 completely different sets of gear for pve/pvp meaning don't have two sets look similar.
Day/Night cycles and weather effects
More class and companion storylines even if it is just a little
Epic Item Class Quests.. Example: A Jedi Shadow must do this quest to obtain a double bladed light saber.
A Jedi Sentinel must do this quest to obtain the two epic light sabers etc. Quests like this with rewards that are up to par with end game pvp and pve gear.

chriscruiz
04.27.2013 , 12:06 AM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hey there folks,

Happy Friday! I wanted to pop in and say that this is a cool thread, and we'll keep an eye on it. We love seeing your feedback, and it is fun reading about the things that you'd like to see and what would make your in-game life better.
Hope you're still reading!

fujeo-finel
04.27.2013 , 01:52 AM | #228
Allow the option to pick which animation Tracer Missile uses by choosing the right chest piece.
Allow the option to buy the old animation with cartel coins.

jedip_enguin
04.27.2013 , 01:57 AM | #229
1. Work done on the ability delay issues.

2. Charged burst returned to its pre 1.4 sound effect

3. Higher return of prototype/artifact mats when RE'ing

4. Check the loot tables. Every HM and OP I've done recently, every piece that has dropped has the same stat for the whole run, all aim drops, all willpower drops etc. This is not much fun when your stat is not not dropping.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

DarthSlin
04.27.2013 , 03:02 AM | #230
1. Walker mounts(as you can see by my sig.)
2. Racing (pod and/or swoop)
2.Card games (Pazaak and/or Sabaac)
3. Flashpoints that where key moments in KOTOR 1 and 2 (depending on your class you get transformed into a character with almost the same answer choices and your character's voice is the original voice actor for the character)
4. Sith Stalker looking armor
5. Guild flag ships
6. Battlefront style Space battles(yes it can be done.Research it!)
7. Have color crystals that change the effect of the lightsaber blades(like TFU)
8. Add a cape to Revan's robes
9. Have a Pirate/Privateer class(http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=601659)
10. Make the vibroswords look like swords and not like sticks that samurai train with(does not seem like an upgrade for it being 300 years after KOTOR)

Implement those and we have a real awesome game on our hands
Supporter of the idea of Walker mounts
Sign on here
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=625255